GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a death penalty trial. If convicted, Richardson could face the death penalty.

I am surprised with WRAL "Live Streaming" opening statements that very few are here on this thread.

Does the MODs or whomever is in charge of this thread know this trial started today?

Should this thread be in Current Trials?

I'm still trying to learn my way around here. . . :scared:

Tuning in .. Sounds like only the opening statements will be streamed :(

Are we gonna start the trial with a mistrial? lol The issue of the rape charge seems like it could be a pretty big deal that could prejudice the defendant

Truly, a monster. And this defense attorney is really aggravating me by his sappy tone and attempts to gain some kind of sympathy for his client. I guess they're really just trying to save him from the death penalty - this opening statement sounds more like mitigation than anything

Great opening remarks from the ADA (who looks a bit like George Clooney, IMO -- please excuse the levity, but this is about all the happ-happy I have here.) I've followed this horrible case from the beginning. Finally he is on trial. What is it that makes people like this? Oh yeah, he was badly mistreated. Okay, I get it. It's their reality, too, BUT... (need I say more?)

The ADA:

"the body is a crime scene"

"torment, torture, terror"

Effective, horrible words, but so true. I try to never talk about verdict or punishment so early in a trial -- I'm very superstitious about this -- but this slimy slug will have a needle in his arm, oh, yes he will.

Grrrrrr.

Blaming it all on Mom...
Not that she is any better, leaving the child...
You can't tell me she didn't know exactly what he was like...

Didn't realize this case was going to trial TODAY! Thanks mods for moving thread. Thanks WS Friends for keeping status updated!
:loveyou:

I am really feeling for those jurors. When the prosecutor says they will never be the same... That's so true.
I'm a little concerned they're going to play even 30 seconds of the video the monster made. That is going to haunt them forever. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an awful, awful case. That poor sweet child :tears:

Maybe ...just a little happy this trial is not streamed. Poor little child..4 years old! Reminds me of JC Dugaard..keeping a kid in a backyard prison.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe ...just a little happy this trial is not streamed. Poor little child..4 years old! Reminds me of JC Dugaard..keeping a kid in a backyard prison.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to have to agree with you. I'm glad the whole trial isn't being streamed.

Just listening to the prosecutor, I had tears streaming down my face. who sits in court behind the prosecutors for this child???

And I was unable to listen to the defense attorney, five minutes... I was done!!!!

Hi Peeps -- Coming in here from the Amanda Hayes trial -- she's in the slammer, but not for life.

About this case -- one thing I hope has been done: I hope they have already given this guy an IQ test -- I didn't hear anything in the DT opening statement that mentioned some sort of mental retardation (please excuse if that is no longer a proper term) or diminished capacity. He looks to be "not real bright" to me, but I'm not a proper judge of that.

Does anyone know? Or just did I miss this already coming up?

Will WRAL stream the whole trial?

Sorry to be such a pain, but I just got here, after a couple of years away from this case -- Thanks to Skittles who mentioned this on a different thread -- I just read it this afternoon & came running right over...

I am really feeling for those jurors. When the prosecutor says they will never be the same... That's so true.
I'm a little concerned they're going to play even 30 seconds of the video the monster made. That is going to haunt them forever. IMO

Agree totally, Linda.

What the jury must keep in mind at all times is that they are doing this for Teghan and other children who have been or may be treated in any of the ways TS was.

They are playing a real and active part of the democratic system which we are fortunate to share. Hey, I'm one of the biggest skeptics in the world, but that is truly what they are doing up there in the jury -- it surely isn't for the pay or any type of glory.

I'd be up there if they would have me -- and they wouldn't, I'm guessing -- and I'm sure I would indeed leave the trial as a different person. This may be the tuffest one we'll ever see, folks.
icon9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member