GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today she testified under direct examination for the Prosecution Team. Once they are done, she'll be up for cross with Defense.

That, my friends, should really pizz us off.

I've searched around the net and this seems to be the consensus on phones in basic military training.
I’ve looked at a few sites to find out but fyi I have no experience with the military personally.

http://www.basictraining.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=20216

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 2m

#HelenReyes said she talked to #TeghanSkiba nearly every day she was gone.Teghan never said anything was wrong staying w/#JonathanRichardson

In the video in this article:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9464870

:moo: around 1:46 of the video I get this awful feeling from her voice that when he told her that something was wrong with Teghan she knew right away that something was so very wrong. :crying:

what a selfish *bleep*
She put her own selfish wants in front of her child's safety. If anyone hit, pushed, shook or whipped my child the very LAST thing I would do would be to stay with that and leave him in charge of my child. He'd be lucky to be alive after i was done with him.

On a side note, a big :gthanks: gxm (and all the others) for posting the tweets!

--------
Rhozwen, You've got that right!! Too many young people have this attitude towards their children now days. They trust anyone just to get the child off their backs. She was in Military. If she needed help from a sitter I think even H.&H S. would have helped her. I hope he dies a painful death, like someone beating the chit out of HIM..!!:seeya:

New Daily Mail article I thought I would post it. I wasn't familiar with little Teghan's case it is horrific and a tragedy. R.I.P Teghan.

Murdered 4-year-old girl 'strangled with a power cord, brutally beaten and sexually abused for 10 days by mother's boyfriend' while woman was out of town

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...trangled-mothers-boyfriend.html#ixzz2vsgdclaS

Thanks, greg -- There seems to be so little coverage of this horror "over here," I'm glad it has somehow traveled across the pond. It's such an egregious outrage and we have been wanting this case to be on the front pages of every type of media in this country. It's good to see it's "over there."

(Please excuse the use of the words "good" and "glad" in a comment about this case, but I think you understand...)

I don't believe this for one second! No child being harmed like that wouldn't cry the minute they heard mommy's voice on the phone.

Here's probably what really happened: Little Teghan realized her mommy wasn't there the first night or whatever, and was scared. She started crying, and he went to work on her. It started early, I'm sure.

Sorry, I don't know how to copy tweets over here. Reyes testified 'she knew whipped Teghan for throwing up on his chair.' WHO WHIPS A CHILD FOR THROWING UP? Reyes knew he whipped her child, leaving welts on her body, because she threw up on his chair!

Maybe she threw up from all of the effing beer and cigarettes.

I'd like to thank gxm and all for posting all the news. My thanks button seldom works, you have worked hard to bring the news. This is an extremely hard case.
Why does God allow people like this to have children? I will never understand. Who will watch this precious baby while she goes on bivouac? will she leave her in a shed? "Mothers" like her should be "spayed!!!!". They dont deserve children, not ever. sound tough? it should. :seeya:

I don't believe a word she says. :furious: Feeling sick that she has a new baby, it hasn't even been that long since this all happened. I realize that everyone is different, but HOW can she be over what has happened enough to move on so quick and have another baby!? I've been through MUCH less trauma than this around 2 years ago and I still haven't been well enough to move on in certain areas of my own life. :shakehead:

IMO MOO and all that.

I think she was over Teghan the minute she walked out his door. She dumped her and never looked back. She didn't talk to Teghan while she was gone. Or she did, but just didn't give a damn that her baby was being slowly murdered. Either way it went down, she threw her baby girl to the wolves. She's a liar and a stupid one at that.

What can we do about saving her new baby? I'm being serious. Who do we write to in NC?

The prosecution did not go after Mom.
I was wondering why not???
Then I realized, making Mom the bad guy, might take away the jurors anger towards him.
Pretty smart move IMO.
Her day will come.
Good thinking prosecutors.
Nail him first..then go after everybody else.

“He told me there was a wave that came and ended up hitting her eye,” said Reyes, who now works in a medical office and has an 8-month-old girl."

This caught my eye.
I can not imagine her being able to exist in normal society.
What must her coworkers think? Her bosses? And is this an office where she interacts with patients? Children?
If you walked into a medical facility and saw her what would your reaction be?
I am not trying to be some pitchfork wielding villager here, really I am not.
But I can not imagine being anywhere near this woman without wanting to just slap her (and I am being VERY kind and generous letting it go with just a slap).

Her crying on the stand did nothing for me. She lost a child in a horrific way, but it is JUST AS MUCH her fault as his. This did not need to happen, she knew what she was leaving that baby to deal with.
*ARGH*!! OK, been a few days since I got on a rant again. I have the feeling it will get no better from here. I hope her case is live streamed, I want to watch her try and put on a defense for being a useless human being.

ETA- And yes I know, she has civil rights and laws will let her have employment and a "normal" life, for now. I just can't picture anyone being in a work environment with her and not just be disgusted to have to be near her.

I haven't been posting here, but have read every post on every thread. I think about Teghan all the time. Like everyone else here it is so difficult to think about what sweet, innocent, little Teghan went through let alone read detail after detail...which leaves me feeling ill everyday....but I'm going to continue to read/follow this trial... to see justice through for that sweet baby girl. I'll definitely follow "mommys" trial too....I pray she gets what she deserves.

*Thanks to everyone for all the tweet updates!

I am here at the trial today. I will try to post any observations that don't repeat the tweets that i see.

Prayers for justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should look up how trauma early in life messes with your brain. I had to do trauma based therapy with kids in foster care and 9.5 times out of ten both parents were abused early in life, abused each other and their children. They don't know another way to solve conflict. They have not been given the proper coping and social skills to have healthy relationships and stuff like this happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed! However in this case I don't see that there was a conflict. I see a tiny, probably frightened little girl whose presence was enough for this guy to commit unspeakable crimes against her. I realize I'm being extremely judgemental and making a lot of assumptions but striking out during a conflict is, in my mind, completely different from what happened to Teghan. JMO.

Reyes is being shown picture of the shed door. She says Padlock on the door that wasn't there before she left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She is looking at picture of the inside, and says that is not the condition it was in when she left her there. (Trash, mess, etc.). It was maintained, neat and clean.

Kelli O'Hara ‏@Kelli_OHara · 7m
#TeghanSkiba had video taken of her inside shed, allegedly begging for #JonathanRichardson not to hurt her. We are about to see it...

This was probably mentioned earlier, but the jury consists of 7 women and 5 men. I can only see 2 of the alternates...one male, one female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member