GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just checked, zoey, and nothing. They don't project the calendar for many days out -- a couple of weeks at most. So we just need to keep remembering to check. Thanks for the reminder -- I haven't checked on her in a while. :-)

I just checked, zoey, and nothing. They don't project the calendar for many days out -- a couple of weeks at most. So we just need to keep remembering to check. Thanks for the reminder -- I haven't checked on her in a while. :-)

I thought I read some time back that was being tried in military court? I'm probably wrong; should have checked out my facts before posting.

Hi, Chel! Helen Reyes will be tried for her crimes against Tegan just as Richardson was -- in Johnston County Court. The US Army may try her for whatever they would call it having to do with her active duty/dependent child care thing -- and that would be done by the army. I sure hope Johnston County does follow through -- this woman should do some hard time, IMO, and get a dishonorable discharge from the army as well. Grrrrrrr.

Wait. Why do we hate the mom?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuz she had relatives who wanted to take care of Teghan while she was on duty (that she told the army would be taking care of Teghan), but instead chose to leave her with Richardson, who she had recently met in a bar, who she had witnessed abuse Teghan on multiple occasions, who lived in a shed with no water, toilet or electricity and only 1 blow-up mattress for a bed. Basically because she handed her little daughter over to a sadist who she barely knew and left town.

I want to see her locked up. I hope someone is checking up on her new baby girl.

Cuz she had relatives who wanted to take care of Teghan while she was on duty (that she told the army would be taking care of Teghan), but instead chose to leave her with Richardson, who she had recently met in a bar, who she had witnessed abuse Teghan on multiple occasions, who lived in a shed with no water, toilet or electricity and only 1 blow-up mattress for a bed. Basically because she handed her little daughter over to a sadist who she barely knew and left town.

I want to see her locked up. I hope someone is checking up on her new baby girl.

Oooooooh ok I remember now. She took pictures of some of the abuse ie. the picture of Teghan holding a beer can.

Ok. I needed my memory jogged lol. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Chel! Helen Reyes will be tried for her crimes against Tegan just as Richardson was -- in Johnston County Court. The US Army may try her for whatever they would call it having to do with her active duty/dependent child care thing -- and that would be done by the army. I sure hope Johnston County does follow through -- this woman should do some hard time, IMO, and get a dishonorable discharge from the army as well. Grrrrrrr.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. So, I guess there hasn't even been a hearing yet. Wonder if a plea deal is in the offering. Do you think that's possible?

Yeah -- I think a plea is almost always offered when the offender is not the main actor in a rape and/or murder case, etc., but I don't see this bulldog DA giving up too much. I'm so glad the DA is a bulldog on this -- he was great, IMO, and he brought it all home for Teghan's sake and for those who will suffer the loss of her and always be sorrowful and hurting.

The only charge against her that I can recall -- and there certainly could be more by now, but I haven't seen it -- is "negligent child abuse causing serious bodily harm." (I've put a link to an older article below -- I haven't seen anything new on the Reyes case.) I'll have to research that charge the NC Gen Statutes to see what the possible penalty could be. I don't think we should just let her slip through the cracks. She had choices -- more than many of us would have had. I still think she left that precious treasure with him to help further cement their relationship and to give her an excuse for going back to him when she returned from active duty. I guess she figured that "a little bit of abuse" would be okay -- that it would be worth it. She was so horribly, horribly wrong. But she's got another child, ya know, so I guess it's okay with her. JMHO. Grrrrrr.

http://abc11.com/archive/7581917/

Yeah -- I think a plea is almost always offered when the offender is not the main actor in a rape and/or murder case, etc., but I don't see this bulldog DA giving up too much. I'm so glad the DA is a bulldog on this -- he was great, IMO, and he brought it all home for Teghan's sake and for those who will suffer the loss of her and always be sorrowful and hurting.

The only charge against her that I can recall -- and there certainly could be more by now, but I haven't seen it -- is "negligent child abuse causing serious bodily harm." (I've put a link to an older article below -- I haven't seen anything new on the Reyes case.) I'll have to research that charge the NC Gen Statutes to see what the possible penalty could be. I don't think we should just let her slip through the cracks. She had choices -- more than many of us would have had. I still think she left that precious treasure with him to help further cement their relationship and to give her an excuse for going back to him when she returned from active duty. I guess she figured that "a little bit of abuse" would be okay -- that it would be worth it. She was so horribly, horribly wrong. But she's got another child, ya know, so I guess it's okay with her. JMHO. Grrrrrr.

http://abc11.com/archive/7581917/

One of way too many women who can't live without a man....any man.

Absolutely, Chelly. I mean I like men, and I am very fortunate to be married to a good one, but I can live & breathe without men. As we know, HR was willing to put her daughter's welfare & life "on the table" as her ante in the very real game that she imagined was being played. She went almost "all in" and lost. She needs to be tried and convicted and in the slammer for a good number of years, IMO. And some couple who deserve a beautiful child should be allowed to adopt hers. JMHO.

Absolutely, Chelly. I mean I like men, and I am very fortunate to be married to a good one, but I can live & breathe without men. As we know, HR was willing to put her daughter's welfare & life "on the table" as her ante in the very real game that she imagined was being played. She went almost "all in" and lost. She needs to be tried and convicted and in the slammer for a good number of years, IMO. And some couple who deserve a beautiful child should be allowed to adopt hers. JMHO.
Agree. This is about justice for Teghan, punishment to the full extent of the law for Reyes and protection of the additional child she brainlessly brought into the world.

I just went to search to see if I could find something on hr, and ended up reading an article about me-maw. Reading that again, just that portion, made me angry all over again... and so sad for teghan, so sad. I hope he is miserable or terrified for his life or hurting every minute of every day.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

This case continues to haunt me and I'm also wanting to know if/when the mother Helen Reyes will face her day in court for HER part in the death of her daughter.
I found a copy of the warrant for her arrest back in 2010 here:
http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wtvd/docs/reyes_arrest_warrant_072910.pdf

I also had no idea that she gave birth to another baby girl after Teghan's death (?!) as reported in this news segment back in March 2014.
This second daughter is now just over a year old and I just can't help but wonder how the little baby is doing... :(
http://abc11.com/archive/9464870/

I haven't posted here in a while but Teghan is never far from my mind. I was never able to plan a 5k for her due to family issues. BUT Harbor House is planning a wine walk tonight in downtown Smithfield for DV victims...including Teghan. I am helping at the event and inviting any locals to please come out. Have a great weekend. RIP Teghan Alyssa Skiba <3

It's great to hear from you, landonsmom! Your participation in the wine walk is a wonderful thing. People need to remember this little girl, the monster who destroyed her, his folks, and Teghan's mom for delivering her to the ~man~ who would torture her to death. I hope the DA is there. Something should be done with Reyes -- Shaniya Davis' ~mother~ was sentenced to 20 yrs/9 months for several crimes having to do with handing over her sweet, beautiful daughter to another monster -- and he is on death row as well.

I just checked the Johnston County Courts for Helen Reyes' name -- nothing. Who knoze when anything, if anything, will happen?

Have a good time with all the folks, l'smom! Don't let them forget!

xo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers