GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
they have to elect a new foreperson....??????

How long does this go on...I'm falling asleep...:bedtime:

Me too. I keep yawning :sleep:

Mitigating circumstances have to be found and also deemed to have mitigating value.

Aggravating circumstances to be weighed against mitigating – not by numbers but by importance of each as compared to the other. One can be deemed more important.

So the jury can agree a mitigating circumstance exists but they also have to agree that the circumstance is substatial enough to make a difference in their decision. Same for aggravating.

I have faith in this jury, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed too.

Is it messed up that I just had a little flash of wanting him to get LWOP?
Just because I do not think he would last as long as he will if he gets the DP....

:sigh: quite the conundrum.

I had an itty-bitty flash of the same, but I think it's gone now, Nymeria. What did you mean by "would last as long as he will if he get the DP"? Killed by inmates or executed? Suicide?

ETA: This is a serious question.

Has anyone seen the Trial Divas in the courtroom?

I think this is the only judge I've ever seen hanging out in the courtroom in his shirtsleeves chit=chatting

I've always, always said I could not sentence someone to death. This has changed my belief. I would, and not lose a wink of sleep about it either.

I had an itty-bitty flash of the same, but I think it's gone now, Nymeria. What did you mean by "would last as long as he will if he get the DP"? Killed by inmates or executed? Suicide?

They had to keep my brother and SIL's murderer in PC for four years. He killed them in front of their four babies. They tried to kill him twice in jail, for murdering them in front of the children. He would die a fast death in GP. On DR he would have protection.

You got it sista!
Besides the inmates I have to think a lot of guards would have no issue looking the other way or administering some of their own justice on JR.
Either way, someone would take him out or he himself might do it after enough torture by others.

And I am going to be honest. That I am wishing for something like this scares the hell out of me. I am the type who goes insane when I hear of any person being abused when they are helpless (children, animals, women, men....anyone who can not defend themselves).
But I have been known to stray from that when the person in question has done something to another that is beyond comprehension.

Well, as always, I am hoping for LWOP. As much as I despise this *advertiser censored*, I can't concur with DP --- and I know y'all still love me anyway. :grouphug:

You got it sista!
Besides the inmates I have to think a lot of guards would have no issue looking the other way or administering some of their own justice on JR.
Either way, someone would take him out or he himself might do it after enough torture by others.

And I am going to be honest. That I am wishing for something like this scares the hell out of me. I am the type who goes insane when I hear of any person being abused when they are helpless (children, animals, women, men....anyone who can not defend themselves).
But I have been known to stray from that when the person in question has done something to another that is beyond comprehension.

You are Human. He is not. :)

Did the judge say how long the jury could deliberate tonight before closing it down? If not maybe he too thinks a decision won't take too long...

Has anyone seen the Trial Divas in the courtroom?

They are in AZ Chell, at Marissa Devaults trial.
(They have been tweeting about JR though, but watching it on stream like the rest of us, I assume).

Yep, I really like this Judge.

--------
Azriell, you got it! I just told my gr.daughter now this is a Judge! so clear on all instructions, to the point, no hurrying. He's one good man. I figure 1~2 hours for a verdict. They have a lot to read I'll be here.:seeya:

Well, as always, I am hoping for LWOP. As much as I despise this *advertiser censored*, I can't concur with DP --- and I know y'all still love me anyway. :grouphug:

Absolutely! We prayed for, and got a non death verdict in my brother's case. :) We saw two rainbows on the way home that day. :)

What's taking so long? Checking and double checking the forms? Making sure they are filled out correctly the first time...this time:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeniseD
Back