Found Deceased NC - Thomas "TK" Burton Jr, 30, Winston-Salem, 29 July 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score

Officials said Burton is a Black man with brown eyes and black hair. He's about 5 feet, 7 inches and weighs 225 pounds.

He was last seen wearing an orange shirt, orange shoes, and black pants in Winston-Salem on July 29.

The wife of a missing Winston-Salem man says she's worried her husband won't come home.

It's troubling to think about for Guzman, but it's been on her mind since July 29.

It was the last time she saw her husband at the Citgo gas station on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in Winston-Salem.

July 29 was the last time she saw her husband at the Citgo gas station on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in Winston-Salem. It's also the last time she spoke to him during a concerning phone call.

"Monday, when I got the last call from him, (you can tell) how frantic he was in the phone call," Guzman said. "For me to wake up Tuesday, and he still never came home, I'm messaging him and messaging him and he was not responding."

Guzman says she last saw her husband with a long-time friend at the gas station. It's the same friend who's no longer answering her calls.

Hmmm, not liking the comments in bold in the above post, @mlhenn. This just doesn't sound good at all.
Hoping his wife will see him soon at home... She, like many of us if we were in this type situation, is very worried.
Glad that LE is aware of this, and hoping they are busy following whatever leads they have. Very worrisome.
I'm sure every day with no word from him or LE is agony for his wife. Hoping she has friends and relatives nearby for support.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A bit about Winston-Salem, NC - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Winston-Salem is a city in and the county seat of Forsyth County, North Carolina, United States. At the 2020 census, the population was 249,545, making it the fifth-most populous city in North Carolina, and the 90th-most populous city in the United States. Wikipedia
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Winston-Salem Police Department is providing new details in the missing persons case involving Thomas "TK" Burton, 30, a man last seen on July 29.

In a news release Wednesday, police said they discovered that Burton was known to be in Randolph County just prior to being reported missing in Winston-Salem. His direction of travel is unknown, police wrote.

Reveals that his middle name is "Kilpatrick:"

Thanks - I found the court records for T. Kilpatrick yesterday but wasn't sure it was really him without more than a middle initial at the time. and there was nothing of note in there so I didn't post. He's just got three minor vehicle citations/tickets. eCourts Portal (note to everyone - eCourts works best with Chrome - it does NOT like using Brave or other programs to run a search query and often sends an error message).

August 30, 2024

WINSTON-SALEN, N.C. — A 30-year-old man from Winston-Salem was last seen exactly one month ago.

After a month of him being missing his family has started a () that will serve as a reward to anyone that knows of Burton's whereabouts. They've also partnered with H.O.P.E. Dealers Outreach, an organization that’s helping raise awareness on his disappearance.

“We’re going to make it through this together. Whatever we have to do to make sure he is found we will do,” said Frankie Gist, H.O.P.E Dealers Outreach founder.

SEP 18, 2024
[...]

The Randolph County Sheriff's Office announced that 31-year-old Beau Martin was charged with concealing a death.

[...]

That same day, Guzman received a call from detectives asking for photos of Burton's tattoos so that they could be put into a database for medical examiners.

[...]

RCSO was not able to give WFMY News 2 an update on the identity of the body found in Archdale. They said it could take the state up to 30 days to confirm who it actually was.

Beau Martin is no longer in custody.

BEAU BENJAMIN MARTIN​

Custody Record
Age 31
Gender Male
Race White
NC: Randolph County Sheriff's Office
ID Number 660***
Custody Status Out of Custody
Custody Detail General Release

Did he bond out? OR bond? The article below is paywalled but says his bail was $15k and he is scheduled to appear Tuesday in Randolph District Court.

SEP 20, 2024

Twas bothering me, so I checked the court site which shows his next appearance in December.

Case Number: 24CR411336
Defendant Name: MARTIN,BEAU,BENJAMIN
County: RANDOLPH
Court Date: 12/12/2024
Session: AM
Court Room: 001A

Arraigned Offenses

0956Felony-CONCEAL/FAIL REPORT DEATH14-401.22(A)

Reactions: ?!?
SEP 23, 2024
Burton was reported missing in Randolph County after his wife last saw her husband with a long-time friend at a Citgo gas station on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in Winston-Salem on July 29. That was the same day Burton was reported missing. Court documents also revealed the offense happened on the same day Burton was last seen.

... law enforcement agencies haven't officially identified the victim at this time but are still awaiting the completion of the investigation by the state medical examiner's office, according to the Randolph County Sheriff's Office.

beau benjamin martin

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UK Feline
Back