GUILTY NC - Tim Hennis on trial in the '85 Eastburn murders, Fort Bragg

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They just mentioned it on the CNN show unknown male DNA on towel and under nails that's not Hennis

But I have known this for years

Well, this is the first I've heard. My dad testified in every trial and hadn't heard that either. Either way, that means nothing to me. If Hennis was innocent, he'd of said he had relations with Katie in the first trial vs waiting before his DNA was discovered. jmho

So another man's DNA under her fingernails and mixed in with her blood on a towel doesn't mean anything, sounds like the corruption still exists in the sheriff's department

So another man's DNA under her fingernails and mixed in with her blood on a towel doesn't mean anything, sounds like the corruption still exists in the sheriff's department

Explain to me why Hennis didn't disclose the alleged consensual intercourse with Katie? His life was on the line more than once and not ever, EVER, did he mention that until he was tied to the rape via his semen. Why? It makes no sense. I can't comment on the alleged unknown male DNA because I know nothing about it. But I do know what Hennis did and did not say, which us pretty damning.

Not touching the Sheriff's office comment. :facepalm:

Not watching, but will at 11. Would definitely like to read about it in depth, though.
The blood on the towel was mentioned in the 2nd trial. How was your dad connected to the trial, if you don't mind my asking.

Explain to me why Hennis didn't disclose the alleged consensual intercourse with Katie? His life was on the line more than once and not ever, EVER, did he mention that until he was tied to the rape via his semen. Why? It makes no sense. I can't comment on the alleged unknown male DNA because I know nothing about it. But I do know what Hennis did and did not say, which us pretty damning.

Not touching the Sheriff's office comment. :facepalm:
IMO Hennis never mentioned having consensual intercourse because he didn't have consensual intercourse with Katie Eastburn. She was raped, her panties cut off of her. The rape occurred during the murder spree. He didn't even try to pass it off as consensual not even to try and save his own life, that's because he raped her.

Yes it was mentioned in the second trial but the unknown male DNA on towel mixed in with Katie has never been submitted to the federal CODIS database, no reason to be scared to examine all the evidence

Death Row stories side on the defense angle. Scott Whisnett who wrote "Innocent Victims" is also siding with the defense. He would not change his view when I asked him how he felt after the DNA evidence showed it was Hennis', just like Richardson (defense atty).

The blood on the towel was mentioned in the 2nd trial. How was your dad connected to the trial, if you don't mind my asking.

My dad was one of the deputies at the crime scene. Edited to add: He has had to testify in each trial due to being at/inside the crime scene.

IMO Hennis never mentioned having consensual intercourse because he didn't have consensual intercourse with Katie Eastburn. She was raped, her panties cut off of her. The rape occurred during the murder spree. He didn't even try to pass it off as consensual not even to try and save his own life, that's because he raped her.

Exactly! :loveyou::cheers:

Where's the other evidence linking hennis to the murder, I worked the case for two years and have thousands of documents and photos, no forensic from the crime scene links hennis. The use of the atm card by hennis has already been disproven.

There were two deputies that first went in the house that day, but one of them is never mentioned

Where's the other evidence linking hennis to the murder, I worked the case for two years and have thousands of documents and photos, no forensic from the crime scene links hennis. The use of the atm card by hennis has already been disproven.

There were two deputies that first went in the house that day, but one of them is never mentioned

No evidence? What about his semen? Not sure what you are getting at with your last line.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on whether or not the right guy is in jail.

Hennis would not have admitted to consensual sex at the beginning of the investigation because 1) It would have caused problems with his wife, 2) It would have made him look suspicious in the eyes of LE and 3) He had no idea that DNA would ever evolve that would place his sperm inside Katy. I'm not convinced that Hennis is the killer. A sperm inside a vaginal vault does not make him guilty IMO, especially with lack of other incriminating data. I would like to know info about the DNA under the fingernails of the victims, and on the towel. And I find Cone to be completely unreliable.

Sundrop, after pondering on this overnight, I have many more questions. You say you have thousands of documents and photos, may I ask if you obtained those through the FOIA? I'm asking in the hopes that I too would be able to obtain info. Some of my thoughts this morning are 1) I've never seen where the ME or coroner ever determined a time of death 2) Did Hennis' wife offer an alibi for his whereabouts at 3:30 am that fateful morning? 3) Did Hennis ever admit to a consensual encounter once he was informed that his sperm had been found in her vaginal vault 4) Why did Hennis never testify on his own behalf 5) On the assumption Hennis did the crime (for arguments sake) why was nothing found in his car? 6) If Cone was telling the truth (of which I am very suspect) AND the person he saw leaving was the killer, then the crime had to have been premeditated as the person he saw leaving didn't have blood on his clothes (that is if Cone actually got as close as he claims he did) and I would assume the killer had his bloody clothes in the bagt 7) Was there never found to be even a suggestion of forced entry?

I have more questions but will add them in the next post. Thanks in advance

My next set of questions are 1) Were any defense wounds ever found on Hennis? Did he work the next day? If so, he should have had scratch marks or some kind of marks that others would have seen. 2) Scrappings from under fingernails, those would have to have Hennis' DNA if he did the crime, but from what I have been able to find, the DNA from fingernails have not been matched or run through CODIS. 3) I find the idea that this was staged to help McDonald to be pretty far fetched. I realize this is a statement and not a quesiton 4) Who would Katheryn have let in during the night? (Assuming no forced entry was found). If Cone is telling the truth and he saw Hennis at 3:30 am, then I would guess Hennis entered the residence between 2:30am and 3 am. Did anyone testify that Katheryn was a trusting person and would have just opened the door during the night? Was there any suggestion she was having an affair?

Hennis had nothing on him and no physical evidence linked him to the crime scene and none was found in his car or house

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back