GUILTY NC - Valerie Hamilton, 23, Charlotte, 15 September 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's an idea: what if he drugged her with GHB (read on this link that it can be used to "enhance" a heroin high - so he may have already had it with him) and then injected her with heroin after she died? He may have hidden the body so that the GHB would be undetectable by the time they found her and he could use the "I panicked" approach and only be charged for involuntary manslaughter or concealment. Hm.

http://www.k-state.edu/media/webzine/Didyouhearyes/GHBfacts.html

It's a possibility, and it does seem strange that she would agree to try HEROIN, which is a pretty hardcore drug, not the average experimental drug users dabble-type of drug. The fact that GHB dissolves so quickly is unfortunate, since it means we might not get an answer on this. They would have to find GHB in his possession at least...

J I've never done heroin so I'm not sure of the effects, but I had morphine after a c-section and called people up from the hospital and said I had been scuba diving, was on an airplane, etc. HOWEVER, friends later said it was noticeable that my speech was slurred.

I had percocet after oral surgery. I lived at the beach and there was a storm going on with the wind howling. In my drugged semi-conscious state, I called 911 and told them that my building was haunted and that was why the apt. must have been so cheap.

FWIW, there's NO way I'd ever try a drug like that with a stranger (or at all, for that matter), but certainly not with someone I didn't trust. I smell a rat on this one. The posters who said she may have been drugged and then shot up are what's ringing truest to me. If she didn't even smoke weed (and I'm guessing she didn't), there's no way she'd just "graduate" to heroin all of a sudden.

In all my retrospection, I forgot to say what my original thought was :0) You are right. Anyone thinking back to their own experiences and experimentation knows that shooting up with a total stranger wouldn't happen. That is such an extreme and it's not recreational. She just simply wasn't like that, plain and simple. If they find a single needle mark on her, accident is not an option, but homicide is.

I had percocet after oral surgery. I lived at the beach and there was a storm going on with the wind howling. In my drugged semi-conscious state, I called 911 and told them that my building was haunted and that was why the apt. must have been so cheap.

:laughitup::laughitup:

Its was just on JVM

ME found no signs of trauma and LE admitted of finding drug use.
Can this druggie MH be let off the hook?
MH said she died in her sleep.
Took black tar heroin together.
Can they prosecute him for murder? Panel says it will be very hard,
especially if they find no evidence of physical harm on her body. Sexual assault wil be hard to prove. Shes no longer here.
But will investigate if he had given her drugs, might get lesser charge.
Pat Brown says she left with him on her own accord, also how did she sound wil she made the call to her GF. Will find out what was truly in her life before this happen.
Dr Dale Archer-If they find one needle mark on her arm will show this was the first time she did it-he can be held responsible. Also he should have called 911 it would have saved her.

Im not buying his story. I get 911 calls all the time asking for help, that their friend has od'd, there turning blue or had stopped breathing. Hes a LIAR. But thats just MOO.

Harvey extradition to Charlotte could be delayed

Charlotte police may face an additional hurtle in the investigation into Valerie Hamilton's death, as the man accused of murdering her is still in New York and said to be going through severe drug withdrawal.

Those withdrawal symptoms will likely delay 34-year-old Michael Harvey’s return to Charlotte, where he will face charges in connection with Hamilton’s death.

The NBC affiliate station in Buffalo, New York is reporting that Harvey may not be transported from Niagara County to Charlotte until this weekend.

Hamilton's body was found in a storage unit on Monroe Road this past Saturday.

She had last been seen leaving the Thomas Street Tavern with a man police believe was Harvey in the early morning hours of Wednesday, September 15.

A preliminary autopsy revealed that there was evidence of drug usage, but did not say what kind of drugs were used or who used them.

On Tuesday, Harvey told reporters at his extradition hearing in New York that Hamilton died as a result of an overdose and that police were wrong when they charged him with murder.

Here's an idea: what if he drugged her with GHB (read on this link that it can be used to "enhance" a heroin high - so he may have already had it with him) and then injected her with heroin after she died? He may have hidden the body so that the GHB would be undetectable by the time they found her and he could use the "I panicked" approach and only be charged for involuntary manslaughter or concealment. Hm.

http://www.k-state.edu/media/webzine/Didyouhearyes/GHBfacts.html
If she were already dead when injected, am I correct that the heroin wouldn't be in her bloodstream either? :waitasec:

If she were already dead when injected, am I correct that the heroin wouldn't be in her bloodstream either? :waitasec:

Pardon...I meant to imply that perhaps she was close to death..:( It has been a long day...I re-read my post, and you are absolutely correct.

I'm torn on what to believe. Right now I tend to think that she was doing some sort of drugs semi-regularly, but maybe hadn't tried heroin until the night she died. I'm a teacher and know quite a few fellow teachers who smoke pot regularly, along with dabbling in drugs like cocaine and ecstasy on occasion. Those I can see being easier to hide from your family than a habit like heroin. At the same time, I can see the point of the person who commented on the article saying something like "What are her friends supposed to say? 'Overdosed in a stranger's bed, yeah, that sounds like Valerie'?" I would rather believe that she decided to try heroin on a lark and met this kind of ending than discover that she had been doing it all along... although neither possibility is very attractive.

Pardon...I meant to imply that perhaps she was close to death..:( It has been a long day...I re-read my post, and you are absolutely correct.
It's quite ok ~ I have days like that too and I honestly meant it as a question. :)

WSOC-TV just reported on their 11 p.m. news that Valerie actually called her friend at 3 a.m. - it was not a text. Her friend was interviewed and said that Valerie did not sound drunk, drugged or sick, but that she got the impression that something was slightly odd about her asking her to come over to her apt. and get in the hot tub.

WSOC-TV also reported that Harvey checked into the Econolodge at 4:22 a.m. so that is a little more we can use to fill in the timeline.

The TV station also had an interview with her father (the police chief) and he said that knowing what he knows now, he does not believe that Harvey murdered his daughter. He said that he knows the law and that what happened does not fit the definition of murder, but he feels that had she not been with Harvey that night that she would still be alive. (Very interesting).

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- For the first time since Charlotte-Mecklenburg police confirmed there was evidence of drug use in his Valerie Hamilton's death, her father, the Concord police chief, is speaking out.

"If I wasn't in law enforcement I would probably say he killed my daughter. But because I know killed means murder, you know, first degree murder, I don't know. I don't know enough about it to say that," Merl Hamilton said. "I think if he wasn't with my daughter that night she would be alive."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25138798/detail.html

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- For the first time since Charlotte-Mecklenburg police confirmed there was evidence of drug use in his Valerie Hamilton's death, her father, the Concord police chief, is speaking out.

"If I wasn't in law enforcement I would probably say he killed my daughter. But because I know killed means murder, you know, first degree murder, I don't know. I don't know enough about it to say that," Merl Hamilton said. "I think if he wasn't with my daughter that night she would be alive."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25138798/detail.html

Wow... I believe she would still be alive if he had not been with her, too. I think he's responsible for her death but not sure what charges. Negligable homicide/manslaughter? :waitasec:

ValerieGraceHamilton23_ForeverLovedForeverWillBeMissed.jpg

Wow... I believe she would still be alive if he had not been with her, too. I think he's responsible for her death but not sure what charges. Negligable homicide/manslaughter? :waitasec:
I think the whole situation is just tragic and that young women really need to always have friends together when they go out...and not solo.

I'm still having issues with the timeline....

Here's what we know...

Between 12:30-1:30 a.m. - They left Thomas Street Tavern. It's a 10 minute drive to his house.

1:30ish -2:30 a.m.? unaccounted for - His roommates said that they were at his house (doing things?) when the roommate got home and so they left. Roommate said he was going to take her to get medical attention. (we do not know what time this occurred).

Police said that 'alot of people' saw them that night and said she was very sick (alot of people where? TST? his house? her apt or Econolodge?)

Instead, they apparently went to her apt. (police said there was evidence that they had been to her apt.)

2:30 - 3 a.m.? It would take 20-30 minutes to drive from his house to her apt. She had to be coherent enough to give him directions unless he had been there previously.

At 3:12 a.m. - She calls her friend and asks her friend to come join her and her friend in her apt's hot tub. Friend says she doesn't sound drunk, drugged or sick.

They left her apt. and left the door unlocked. (If her keys were found in her car, did they go back by her car? If not, how did they get into her apt.? Perhaps they got maintenance to let them in because she didn't have her keys and that would be why she or he didn't lock the apt. door when they left or they were both too wasted to notice they didn't lock it.

I wonder if the heat from the hot tub, combined with the drugs and alcohol made her pass out or go into convulsions or seizures and there were other people at her apt. complex who saw them and said she needs immediate medical attention.

From her apt. to Econolodge is a 20 minute drive at that time of night.

Why didn't they stay at her apt.? Why go check into a cheap motel?

I think he took her from the apt. because people saw them and said that she needed immediate medical attention and he had to put her in the car to pretend that he was taking her to the hospital.

Knowing he couldn't take he to the hospital because he would get into trouble (again) for drugs, he drove around with her. I think she died in his car. He couldn't go back to his house with her because his roommates were there, so he ended up at the Econolodge.

4:00 a.m. - 4:20 a.m.- They travel to the Econolodge. Police said there was evidence that she was at the Econolodge.

4:22 a.m. - He checks into the Econolodge. She is dying or already dead by then. He wraps her up in Econolodge comforter and takes her to mini storage later that day.

Any other thoughts?

I'm still having issues with the timeline....

Here's what we know...

Between 12:30-1:30 a.m. - They left Thomas Street Tavern. It's a 10 minute drive to his house.

1:30ish -2:30 a.m.? unaccounted for - His roommates said that they were at his house (doing things?) when the roommate got home and so they left. Roommate said he was going to take her to get medical attention. (we do not know what time this occurred).

Police said that 'alot of people' saw them that night and said she was very sick (alot of people where? TST? his house? her apt or Econolodge?)

Instead, they apparently went to her apt. (police said there was evidence that they had been to her apt.)

2:30 - 3 a.m.? It would take 20-30 minutes to drive from his house to her apt. She had to be coherent enough to give him directions unless he had been there previously.

At 3:12 a.m. - She calls her friend and asks her friend to come join her and her friend in her apt's hot tub. Friend says she doesn't sound drunk, drugged or sick.

They left her apt. and left the door unlocked. (If her keys were found in her car, did they go back by her car? If not, how did they get into her apt.? Perhaps they got maintenance to let them in because she didn't have her keys and that would be why she or he didn't lock the apt. door when they left or they were both too wasted to notice they didn't lock it.

I wonder if the heat from the hot tub, combined with the drugs and alcohol made her pass out or go into convulsions or seizures and there were other people at her apt. complex who saw them and said she needs immediate medical attention.

From her apt. to Econolodge is a 20 minute drive at that time of night.

Why didn't they stay at her apt.? Why go check into a cheap motel?

I think he took her from the apt. because people saw them and said that she needed immediate medical attention and he had to put her in the car to pretend that he was taking her to the hospital.

Knowing he couldn't take he to the hospital because he would get into trouble (again) for drugs, he drove around with her. I think she died in his car. He couldn't go back to his house with her because his roommates were there, so he ended up at the Econolodge.

4:00 a.m. - 4:20 a.m.- They travel to the Econolodge. Police said there was evidence that she was at the Econolodge.

4:22 a.m. - He checks into the Econolodge. She is dying or already dead by then. He wraps her up in Econolodge comforter and takes her to mini storage later that day.

Any other thoughts?
Thank you for the timeline!

Regarding what I have highlighted in 'blue' - I doubt they would've gotten maintenance to open the apartment at that hour of the early morning, even if the complex has a 24 hour staff. It's possible the keys and purse were put back in her car afterward since it wasn't too far from the storage unit she was found in. At that time he also could've been thinking if they were found in the car it would look like she was snatched from there after he'd dropped her off. As to the hot tub, I agree, if she had taken drugs, combined with the alcohol consumed at the bar, she could have gone into convulsions, seized, vomited, etc. and died. I believe there was forensic evidence in his car and therefore the reason for the burned-out interior when the vehicle was found in New York. As for him renting the motel room, it was probably for him to figure out what to do with her body, and he decided on the storage unit before leaving for New York. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back