GUILTY NC - Valerie Hamilton, 23, Charlotte, 15 September 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hamilton murder suspect arrested in Niagara Falls

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The U.S. Marshal's Office confirms that the man suspected of killing the 23-year-old daughter of Concord's police chief has been arrested in Niagara Falls, N.Y.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police issued an arrest warrant for 34-year-old Michael Neal Harvey after Valerie Hamilton's body was discovered Saturday in a self-storage facility on Monroe Road.

Harvey is originally from Niagara Falls, but has been living in the Charlotte area for several years.

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said local detectives are headed to New York to interview Harvey and bring him back to Charlotte.

Police are still searching for the white Chevrolet Blazer that Harvey was last seen driving. The Blazer has North Carolina license plate number ZXE-1756.

More at link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39266941

RIP Valerie. What a horrible loss.

I am grateful the perp is in custody now, but hope that *if* any person(s) were assisting him in any way (harboring/hiding him, helping with vehicles, movement, etc.) that they are arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I'm not familiar with N.C., but here in WA those who aid and abet a wanted felon are frequently prosecuted.....and we have some serving life sentences here in King County who helped perps evade the law. I pray there is Justice for Valerie.

Funny how these criminals so often run back to where they came from...

Good police work in getting him...too bad the legal system did not perform as well in keeping him behind bars before this happened...

Suspect in killing of police chief's daughter caught

Officer had gone on national TV to urge peers to 'get out there and find this guy'

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A convicted rapist wanted in the killing of a woman whose body was found in a self-storage unit was arrested Monday, police said shortly after the woman's father, a N.C. police chief, had pleaded with peers nationwide to find the man.

FBI and U.S. Marshal officers arrested Michael Neal Harvey in Niagara Falls, N.Y., the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department reported.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police had issued an arrest warrant for the 34-year-old after the body of Valerie Hamilton was discovered Saturday in a self-storage facility in Charlotte.

Monday morning, the woman's father went on ABC's "Good Morning America" to urge peers to help find her killer.

"They took my daughter, guys. Play it right, play it by the rules, but y'all get out there and find this guy for me and when it comes back my way I'll pay you back," said Merl Hamilton, police chief in the Charlotte-area city of Concord.

"She was the perfect daughter ... and I need justice for her," he added.

More at link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39270507/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Thank God! I'm so happy they caught him! This is great news for this city and for her family.

Thank you everyone for the updates. And yes it is great news that Harvey is off the streets, in custody and hopefully soon will be extradited back here to NC. Ironic that he would flee back to NY, especially close to the Canadian border if he had nothing to do with Valerie's death. GUILTY, imo. MOO

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Authorities say the suspect in the killing of a North Carolina police chief's daughter has been caught in NY.

Michael Neal Harvey was arrested Monday morning in Niagara Falls, N.Y. in the killing of Valerie Hamilton. Hamilton's body was found over the weekend in a self-storage unit in North Carolina.

http://www2.wnct.com/news/2010/sep/...ughter-found-dead-search-convicted-ar-407961/

police-chiefs-daughter-found-dead-search-convicted

So glad he is off the streets

I hate the smirk on his face! I hope and pray he will be locked up forever!!

TWA Valerie.

I saw the sheriff/father of victim on GMA this morning. My heart goes out to him and the rest of the family. It must be such a dificult position to be in to be a victim of horrific violence and a member of LE. So he probably has access to all sorts of horrible details that your average fatehr of a murder victim would not be subjected to.

I hope they get the perp soon, sounds like a real manace to the whole community.

Great news hes caught. They found his car also.

Harvey was located inside a house in Niagara Falls, said Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Rodney Monroe. The town was one of the places authorities thought he might flee, because he has relatives there, Monroe said.

A stolen 1996 Chevy Blazer that police had said Harvey was last seen driving also was recovered in Niagara Falls, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said. Authorities earlier had issued a description of the vehicle.

Monroe said repeated witness interviews and "very aggressive investigation" led authorities to the storage unit. He said the cause and manner of death was not immediately known, but an autopsy was being conducted Monday. When the body was found, it was wrapped, he said, and authorities avoided disturbing it as much as possible, he said.

Monroe said police had gotten word that Harvey knew he was wanted. "I don't think it came as any real surprise to him that authorities were able to locate him," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/20/north.carolina.chiefs.daughter/index.html?eref=rss_crime

So glad Harvey was caught. I don't think it sounds like this will be a tough case to prove- lots of physical evidence.

Murder suspect arrested in Niagara Falls

The man sought by police in connection with the murder of Valerie Hamilton is in a New York jail after being arrested Monday morning while sleeping on a couch at a friend's house in Niagara Falls, authorities say.

Michael Neal Harvey, 34, who faces murder charges in Charlotte for the death of Hamilton, the 23-year-old daughter of Concord police Chief Merl Hamilton, was arrested without incident, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Chief Rodney Monroe.

Multiple reports in the Buffalo area say Harvey was located by FBI agents and federal marshals at a home in the 5600 block of Stephenson Street, not far from Niagara Falls' airport.

Harvey apparently drove to New York from Charlotte, as police in Niagara Falls said the 1996 white Chevy Blazer he was driving was found behind Summit Park Mall. The insides of the car were burned out, according to Buffalo TV station WBKW.

"It was some great investigative work by New York authorities," Monroe said in a midday news conference.

Ack! This SOB came into my state?! Good thing I didn't know ahead of time or I would have had to restrain myself! So glad to hear he's been arrested, though. Hopefully justice will be smooth and swift.

Rest in peace, Val.

Ack! This SOB came into my state?! Good thing I didn't know ahead of time or I would have had to restrain myself! So glad to hear he's been arrested, though. Hopefully justice will be smooth and swift.

Rest in peace, Val.
He was originally from your state and moved down to my state!! Isn't it ironic how they always flee back to where they're from especially when it's near the border of another country? Thankfully he didn't make it into Canada. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back