GUILTY NC - Valerie Hamilton, 23, Charlotte, 15 September 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Valerie Hamilton vigil service tonight

A candlelight vigil in memory of Valerie Hamilton has been scheduled for this evening in Concord.

The vigil, sponsored by Concord city officials and the Cabarrus County chapter of Mothers of Murdered Offspring will be at 7 p.m. next to the Concord Police Department on Market Street.

Cabarrus Avenue, between Union and Spring streets, and Market Street will be closed to vehicular traffic during the event. Those attending tonight's event are asked to park in the Cabarrus Avenue parking deck across from police headquarters. The deck can be reached from Union Street, using the driveway next to the library.

Mothers of Murdered Offspring is a victims' rights organization founded in 1993 in Charlotte. It provides a variety of support services for families who have lost a child to murder.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ice.html#storylink=omni_popular#ixzz106rW7RI6

Looks like todays booking photos being released. Maybe the newer photo's might help someone recognize him. Taken from two seperate news sources.

harvey2.jpg
harvey1.jpg

That boy is STRUNG OUT! Just heroin? Or more? I didn't think heroin was a murder kind of drug- I always associated violent crimes with drugs like cocaine, crack, and meth. Am I wrong? Does anyone know if he was arrested for anything besides heroin?

I am glad he is off the streets so no one else life is in danger .Just sad that when it is one of their own how fast they catch them.Every one is someones child and deserves the same attention.IMO

It sounds as though the friend feels the "hot tub" comment was a code that Valerie was in trouble??? Wishes she had known that things were okay.

She feels guilty she did not go, but in reality it could have been 2 bodies found in that storage unit.

I am glad he is off the streets so no one else life is in danger .Just sad that when it is one of their own how fast they catch them.Every one is someones child and deserves the same attention.IMO
I don't believe this perp was captured more quickly because Valerie's father is a police chief. The perp himself left a trail from surveillance video, her body being found at his storage unit, returning to his home state, and more. MOO

Has anyone got any more information about this mention of the hot tub? I found this link on her FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php.../ashley-barton/dearest-valerie-3/434939811522

I thought it was interesting.

This poor girl - Ashley - will be haunted for the rest of her life - thinking what if.

If this post is legitimate, that means that Valerie was able to make a phone call and try to tell her friend a story, that would sound strange, but she couldn't be open probably because he was close by. It's sounds like such a strange story, even for a cover story.....hhmmm....

This poor girl - Ashley - will be haunted for the rest of her life - thinking what if.

If this post is legitimate, that means that Valerie was able to make a phone call and try to tell her friend a story, that would sound strange, but she couldn't be open probably because he was close by. It's sounds like such a strange story, even for a cover story.....hhmmm....
It is not just on FB:
Ashley Barton, a 20-year-old from Waxhaw, told The Observer she’d known Valerie Hamilton for about a month.

Hamilton called Barton just after 3 a.m. Wednesday. Barton said Hamilton asked her if she wanted to come out to the hot tub with her and a friend at Valerie's apartment complex. Now Barton assumes that friend was Harvey.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/20/1705618/body-found-man-sought.html#ixzz107kIEabQ

Some more information, from various local newscasts today....

They think she was killed shortly after she was kidnapped. The police were quoted as saying it looks like she had been dead for seveal days.

I saw another news story (but can't remember where) where a police officer was quoted as saying, he may have taken her back to his house first (which I find hard to believe).

So, he kidnapped her at about 12:30-1:30 on Wednesday morning - held her somewhere for a few hours, possibly killed her during that time (my guess is in the vehicle), took her body to the mini storage unit at some point, checked into Econolodge on Wednesday morning and then checked out on Friday morning and obviously drove to New York on Friday-Saturday. I think he burned the vehicle to cover up the crime scene.

What did he do from Wednesday to Friday - just hide out at the Econolodge???

Still lots of unanswered questions.

So, he kidnapped her at about 12:30-1:30 on Wednesday morning - held her somewhere for a few hours, possibly killed her during that time (my guess is in the vehicle), took her body to the mini storage unit at some point, checked into Econolodge on Wednesday morning and then checked out on Friday morning and obviously drove to New York on Friday-Saturday. I think he burned the vehicle to cover up the crime scene.
Hmmm... if this is true, then how could Valerie have called her friend at 3 am? Something is off here. I think Valerie was alive for a longer period that night. JMO.

Found a news story taken down about her keys on or in the console along with her wallet and ID in her parked car.

Were they her backup keys? If they were her main keys, how would she enter her apartment if that's where they went first?

Video of his poor grandmother pleading with reporters to leave her alone.

Video also shows him in police car but its hard to make him out. The house where he was found was right by his grandmothers house.

Link to Video: http://www.wkbw.com/

Did she take this man back to her complex? If she really called her friend at 3am, she must have been somewhere for those few hours...how confusing and awful...

yep something is amiss here isnt it....

either this girl was kidnapped at her car...hence the keys and purse in it and the call to her friend was some call for help...

or

she met him in the bar, thought he was good looking and they went on partying and she stashed her keys in the console......unfortunately for her he was every young womans nightmare, a sicko.....

please dont attack me for presenting the above scenario as being an ex party girl, this type of thing is very common place and you think your friend is just "hooking up"......

I however dont think she did go off with him as why they hell put your keys in the console of your car to go back to your own apartment as the friend had suggested by the phone call she received.....seems odd...

I think she probably was talking to him and attracted to him, the friends left her as they thought she was on to a good thing etc.....however I think she did decide to go home and maybe they were sitting in her car and he nabbed her from there....

either way this really is every young party girls worse nightmare come true, and you really never think it is going to happen to you.....I bet poor Valerie didnt.....

RIP Valerie

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25060037/detail.html

From WSOC-TV - This is interesting - The police chief in Charlotte said she was at his house, the Econolodge and the mini-storage unit. WOW!

Monroe said Monday that investigators think Hamilton was killed shortly after she disappeared from the tavern. Police are working to determine a cause of death, Monroe said, adding that investigators did not want to disturb evidence on the body when it was found.

“When we recovered the body, the body was wrapped,” Monroe said. “So, as not to disturb that and the materials that the body was wrapped in, we presented the materials and the body to the medical examiner's office.”

An autopsy is being performed on the body, Monroe said. He did not say when or if the results would be made public.

Investigators are also working to pinpoint where Hamilton was killed. Monroe said they are focusing on three places: the home Harvey was staying in, located at 401 E. 15th St.; the Econo Lodge on East Independence Boulevard, where Harvey stayed late last week; and the storage facility where Hamilton’s body was found.

"We don't know for sure whether or not an abduction occurred, or if the victim may have freely went with Mr. Harvey, but we do know the victim to be in those three locations," Monroe said.

I was just at a business beside that mini storage yesterday morning but I had not heard the news yet that they'd found her there.

I'm sorry the grandmother feels like she is being hounded but that woman is seriously, seriously deluded. He's been in trouble since he was 7 and started drinking alcohol and yet she says he is a loving, caring "family" man.

If that family hid him even for a day I hope they all go to jail. Thank God for the person who turned him in - you are a hero!

I'm enraged this guy wasn't already locked up forever, where he belonged.

RIP Valerie.

When a friend checked her apartment near the Arboretum, she found Hamilton's door unlocked and her dog, Ruby, inside without food or water.

So she and Harvey did return to her apartment.....

Harvey has a young daughter, who was living with the girl's mother in 2008. Court records show a woman filed to prove paternity against Harvey last year in Gaston County.

Quotes are from http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/21/1707443/man-caught-charged-in-slaying.html

He also has a daughter. Poor little girl.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25060037/detail.html

From WSOC-TV - This is interesting - The police chief in Charlotte said she was at his house, the Econolodge and the mini-storage unit. WOW!

Monroe said Monday that investigators think Hamilton was killed shortly after she disappeared from the tavern. Police are working to determine a cause of death, Monroe said, adding that investigators did not want to disturb evidence on the body when it was found.

“When we recovered the body, the body was wrapped,” Monroe said. “So, as not to disturb that and the materials that the body was wrapped in, we presented the materials and the body to the medical examiner's office.”

An autopsy is being performed on the body, Monroe said. He did not say when or if the results would be made public.

Investigators are also working to pinpoint where Hamilton was killed. Monroe said they are focusing on three places: the home Harvey was staying in, located at 401 E. 15th St.; the Econo Lodge on East Independence Boulevard, where Harvey stayed late last week; and the storage facility where Hamilton’s body was found.

"We don't know for sure whether or not an abduction occurred, or if the victim may have freely went with Mr. Harvey, but we do know the victim to be in those three locations," Monroe said.

I wonder why they didn't include his car?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back