NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had totally forgotten about the spouse testifying against a former spouse thing. It is the same in all states? Anyone know off the top of your head the exact rule before I go look it up?
I'm assuming that's why she could offer nothing during the time of their marriage?
at what point did he admit to her he had done it?

I believe Vanessa was only allowed to testify to what happened prior to and up to the date of her marriage. To testify to anything that happened during her marriage, I believe that Raven would have had to sign off on it lol. --LIKE THAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!!! --

Can you all imagine the horror stories that she must have had during the married time together?

My thoughts and prayers are with Annabelle, Mackensie and Vanessa, three very very brave woman.

Annabelle had nothing to gain by testifying. It was probably extremely embarrassing, knowing that her personal life was out there.

What is so horrible is that we know that these stories of the true Raven BARELY break the surface of what he has done in his life. For those that have come forward, there are many more that haven't come forward and are afraid to come forward, and that is just horrible to me.

"That's retribution" Raven Abaroa....

I really don't like the way Tyndall is going after Ms. Haviza - suggesting that somehow it was her fault for going with Raven the night that he essentially sexually assaulted her. The way I'm hearing her testimony, she only had sex with him out of fear of what Raven would do if she resisted.

She was 17 when she met Raven and the girl was only 17 years old when she went to Charlotte with Raven, as it was before her 18th birthday.

Raven is a master manipulator and a conman. This girl was so very brave to come forward.

Back from lunch, and Vanessa is on the stand.

I think Judge Hudson ruled that they couldn't talk about the underage girl - too prejudicial.

So basically, shortly after Janet's murder, Raven went back to Utah, he had dreamed that Janet told him "that was the one" and he seduced an underage girl whom he got pregnant and she had a baby and gave the daughter up for adoption.

Yeah, you think that's a bit prejudicial.....this was not a year after the murder, this is right after the murder. It was time for him to move on.

This guy had been Mommy shopping since her murder?

He didn't even allow Janet to have her first Mother's Day, and he proposed to Vanessa on Mother's Day. He seriously was Mommy shopping, looking for the perfect woman.

This is what I got from todays testimony.

Is it me or did Mani Dexter get shrill when she was cross examining today?

Brunette - Annabella Haviza (I believe)? She's the girl who knew Raven at EuroSport and who took her to Charlotte and then they had a sexual encounter on the way back - she said that she participated out of fear for her life. She ran her hands through her hair to leave DNA evidence in his car in case she went missing. Poor girl!

Next girl - MacKensie Folster - knew Raven growing up, he contacted her when Raven & Janet were separated and then again after the murder. Gave her lots of conflicting information.

Mackensie Folster stated Raven told her that he knew Janet was pregnant and he told HIS FAMILY that Janet was pregnant and they were going to tell Janet's family that weekend but she was MURDERED.

Interesting testimony that Raven told her that Janet was okay with the affairs and even stranger, that Raven found Janet murdered IN BED!!!!

Ms. Folster also had nothing to gain by this testimony. It took a lot of courage to come forward.

These women were so courageous. It's a shame more people didn't come forward but it's understandable, because Raven is such a scary bird.

I am so moved by the testimony today from these incredibly strong women. I cried so hard for JP because I experienced some of her same types of experiences during my marriage. Smart women can make some really stupid mistakes when conned by a sociopath. Do not blame them for the choices they made at the time. You don't understand unless you are in the thick of it having a master manipulator gas light you, etc. I just wanted to thank these ladies for having the strength to testify. You could see how honest their testimony is...in fact, that is exactly why Raven targeted each one of them....because they were naive & innocent & had no idea such people existed like Raven, those who have no conscience whatsoever. I am proud of you!
I hope we get to hear from this girl he got pregnant right after he murdered Janet.

Dang. we had company. Are they done for today already? I left just a few minutes in the detective's cross. Geez. I'm beginning to agree with the defense.
LE left a lot to be desired. I didn't like the wit's answer - Three had it before me, and I wondered why none of them had charged yet. Wow - what a confidence builder for the jurors to hear.
I've been locked out of WS most of the day for some reason. It won't even let me enter my name and password. Or if I put it in, it just reverts back to "enter user name" Weird!

ETA: When I re-read this, what I meant when I said I'm starting to agree with the def, was not about Raven. I believe he is guilty, but I am shocked at what I believe to be lack of LE interest and carry through. Janet's family must have been going nuts waiting for them to really investigate the murder of their daughter and sister. I'm annoyed, and I'm not even connected.

It's not up to Law Enforcement, it was up the DA's office. The District Attorney at the time of Janet's murder (day after the murder actually on April 27th was Michael Nifong.) He was appointed by a manly handshake with the Governor. First order of business was to force Freda Black to resign her position.

Second order of business......CAMPAIGNING. This is a CE evidence case. Isn't it up the DA to get the warrants and handle the testing and get a case ready to go before the grand jury? This man made a spectacle of DA's office. He wanted the votes and the way to do it was the Duke LaCrosse Rape Case.

I believe there was another interim DA, then there was Tracey Cline, now there's another.

LE can't bring the case to trial, it's up to the DA's office. I truly believe the political issues in Durham is what pushed this case to the background. It's just me, but I'm sure it's a big problem. There was a huge backlog of cases, and it's not a slam dunk case, so the resources and manpower weren't put on it. I do believe the LE assigned to this case cared, otherwise they would have put this case in the cold-case file and not re-interview witnesses as much as they did.

It's not up to Law Enforcement, it was up the DA's office. The District Attorney at the time of Janet's murder (day after the murder actually on April 27th was Michael Nifong.) He was appointed by a manly handshake with the Governor. First order of business was to force Freda Black to resign her position.

Second order of business......CAMPAIGNING. This is a CE evidence case. Isn't it up the DA to get the warrants and handle the testing and get a case ready to go before the grand jury? This man made a spectacle of DA's office. He wanted the votes and the way to do it was the Duke LaCrosse Rape Case.

I believe there was another interim DA, then there was Tracey Cline, now there's another.

LE can't bring the case to trial, it's up to the DA's office. I truly believe the political issues in Durham is what pushed this case to the background. It's just me, but I'm sure it's a big problem. There was a huge backlog of cases, and it's not a slam dunk case, so the resources and manpower weren't put on it. I do believe the LE assigned to this case cared, otherwise they would have put this case in the cold-case file and not re-interview witnesses as much as they did.
Your history and knowledge of this case is shinning through. Thanks so much for the back stories, and for telling the crux of the testimony in easy to understand story form. The state's evidence has been piecemeal so far, and it's hard to get that puzzle together. I'm hoping they have a wonderful tie in soon so the jurors too, can form a complete pix.
It sounded to me like the judge was either trying to hurry the state along, or state had given them their timing, since he sort of announced their case would rest by midweek. Only a couple of days left - do you have any inklings of other witnesses to come?
Do you think the backstory of the political issues will help the jurors awareness of the hesitancy and long awaited trial timing? I don't want the jurors to get the impression that the "first three" to handle the case did not fail to charge Raven because they believed his story.
Just think of the evidence that could have been offered if this trial had taken place shortly after Janet's murder. What a travesty that I hope this trial can overcome for Janet's loved ones.
See ya'll in the AM, and pray for a strong witness for Janet.

PS I haven't been kicked off WS for the last TWO hours!! YAY!!

Thank you all for your comments and insights of today's trial testimony. I am so happy I was able to watch VP. She is the epitome of grace and beauty. And my heart breaks for her and her family. But her testimony was about all I saw in its entirety. I have had a horrible migraine--had to get shots--was knocked out all of mothers day and today I'm still throwing up. Sorry about the graphics. I have taken so much medication with no food, sitting here at 1:13am drinking a cup of coffee trying to get caught up with you guys. I truly appreciate each of you and your thoughts on this case.

Thank you all for your comments and insights of today's trial testimony. I am so happy I was able to watch VP. She is the epitome of grace and beauty. And my heart breaks for her and her family. But her testimony was about all I saw in its entirety. I have had a horrible migraine--had to get shots--was knocked out all of mothers day and today I'm still throwing up. Sorry about the graphics. I have taken so much medication with no food, sitting here at 1:13am drinking a cup of coffee trying to get caught up with you guys. I truly appreciate each of you and your thoughts on this case.

Hugs to you my friend, please follow doctor instructions.i always prescribe more coffee.

I am so moved by the testimony today from these incredibly strong women. I cried so hard for JP because I experienced some of her same types of experiences during my marriage. Smart women can make some really stupid mistakes when conned by a sociopath. Do not blame them for the choices they made at the time. You don't understand unless you are in the thick of it having a master manipulator gas light you, etc. I just wanted to thank these ladies for having the strength to testify. You could see how honest their testimony is...in fact, that is exactly why Raven targeted each one of them....because they were naive & innocent & had no idea such people existed like Raven, those who have no conscience whatsoever. I am proud of you!
I hope we get to hear from this girl he got pregnant right after he murdered Janet.

Oh honey! :grouphug: indeed, humans do strange things for love. Or in the name of love. I am glad you are now safe and here with us.

Just wanted to let you all know that someone else has been here hoping for Justice for Janet. :seeya:

Good morning, everybody!

Mr. Gross is up - forensics examiner for the FBI.

OMG Josh Powell Case is on that list. He had a file under Josh Powell Case

Wow; that is shocking to me. On that list it clearly shows that Raven had a file on Josh Powell Case it was labeled Josh Powell Case.

hmmm wonder what is on those hard drives

Indeed, mrsh!

Good Morning, :coffeews::coffeews::coffeews::coffeews::coffeews: WS Peeps! Drink up! Keep those hot cups comin'!

Feel better soon.

hand surgery yesterday.....trying to catch up hearing yesterdays testimony. wow, vanessa, bless her heart. typing with one hand so can't type much.

justice for janet......:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3
Back