NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agree, it seems wierd that this "forgotten" evidence is now popping up. Thank God for Ryan Johnson, seems like he may be one of the old gumshoe variety of detectives who won't stop looking and looking for that one missing clue. I salute him!. I am late climbing into the bus, here, but just watched an old video interview that Raven did on NC wanted, Part IV, unedited, and his bursting into tears from time to time about made me sicker than I already feel.....Boo Hoo! He can't talk about finding his wife because it's too upsetting? He can't talk about finding his wife because he didn't "find" her. He's tried so hard to forget what happened. I also found the videotape that was found at his house very interesting, indeed. The one where he is talking to himself on camera about how frustrated he is.....and he discusses how he needs to win the lottery. He's going to win a lottery alright.

wow that's shocking. Any one check AZ and CA records as well?

Well I know Raven has relatives in Gilbert, AZ and in the San Diego area, but luckily it's an immediate family issue. ;)

The video http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/12445997/#/vid12445997

Raven:
Forget about that

You know he starts off… this is what bothers me, I’m bothered starts off, ah you know, by looking over into some of the evidenced submitted in your case, and I’d like your input on a few thing, there was no input asked of the few things, all they want to do is talk with me, why talk to the two tree guys and spoke to the landlord and unable to recollect anything I brought up, business was just starting, well that’s fair enough, you know I guess am I to blame for not telling them at the beginning, should I have had the mindset to think of those things, you know I didn't talk to them, I didn’t think of any of that stuff until now.

You know the key things that stand out for me -they really want names, and they want to compare the statement I offered to compare to the evidence file, so I guess it's --it's frustrating I don't know, I've got to research, I’ve got to research, I gotta figure out what’s what is the problem with me talking. They say that regardless of whether your innocent or guilty, they recommend you don’t talk, lawyers that is they why is that – I don’t understand why that’s it’s such problem, I feel myself getting frustrated, I’m not 100% sure why, is that the reason why you don’t talk to them.

I feel like maybe I interject opinion too much instead of stating facts, is that a problem and most importantly I think the more stuff I give them the more stuff that gets leaked to any type of pending litigation whether it be libel against Websleuths, slanderous talk against internet people and it really , it really makes it difficult so, I need to win the lottery, you know, if I were to win three million dollars I would dedicate two million dollars to fighting this and 2/3rds of my winnings if you would and the rest would obviously go to securing a home and secure a future for Kaiden mmm so oh and to make Janet’s name more recognized at southern Virginia.

So, I got my work cut out for me , gheez I need to win the lottery cause this fight, you need money, you need power, you know I’ve heard of people that ask for help on the internet but that would be a far reach but I don’t want to be in the public eye.

The letters, I need to get the letters though.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1789939&postcount=11"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NCWanted - Raven's Interview[/ame]

Quotes and my responses to NC Wanted Video.

His voice and everything about him makes me ill.

I thought she said "Joe". But she sure didn't like that question. lol How dare you ask me about screwing two men at the same time!!! She was so indignant.

Now I can't get Braiden out of my head. Trix? Do you know anything about that name? She said she had a girl four years ago, and she didn't know ANYTHING (how dare you ask me) about Braiden.
I guess I missed why the prosecution called her. I didn't have sound for her direct examination, and haven't been able to get back on here since the judge closed for the day. The WRAL link says, "Available soon", but they're done for today because of the wit being delayed.

The defense is the one that called her today, prosecution just crossed her. In the prosecution case, she was considered a hostile witness, but her testimony never aired.

To me she acted like she was hiding something and the line questioning I suppose we are to read it whatever way we so choose.

I'm not a court reporter and not very good at this, but I did my best:

Pro: Mam, Def. exhibit number 6 the emails from Raven they were a particular series in april, is that correct

JW: yes

Pro: That not all the emails between you and the defendant, is it

JW: What do you mean

Pro: That’s not all emails that were going back and forth between you and the defendant is it?

JW: I don’t know, no I don’t recall …however long ago that was, eight years ago

Pro: So you don’t know

JW: No, I don’t know.

Pro. And defendant’s exhibit number 7 that’s not the complete email, between you and Janet either, is it?

JW: No, I forwarded my response and her response to the detective

Pro: and at the time that you were with Raven, and seeing Raven and flirting with Raven who was your boyfriend at the time

JW: Joe

Pro: And at some time after Janet had a baby you had a baby too didn’t you

JW: I had a baby four years ago

Pro: Is that Braiden?

JW: No, it’s a girl

Pro: Who’s Braiden?

JW: I don’t know

Pro: And you also had a conversation with Raven, umm about when he was trying to take the baby from Janet, right?

JW: I don’t recall that

Pro: Oh, you don’t recall that…

JW: No, I do not

Pro: Well do you recall the email from Raven about his dreams about you and how he is going to beat up somebody up and he woke up in bed with you the next day, do you remember that?

JW: I just read that email with his lawyer

Pro: So do you remember

JW: I vaguely remember

Pro: So you vaguely remember the other one too, about the baby, don’t you.

JW: Well I read that too but I don’t remember any of that

Pro: Ok

JW: I don’t even know that that’s an email, it doesn’t appear to be an email, it looks like something that’s just typed

Pro: It looked just like the other one though didn’t it?

JW: Yeah, they both look the same

Pro: No further Questions your honor

Def: Miss Walker Umm when detective Bradley contacted you in april of 2005 did you do everything he asked you to do ?

JW: I did

Def: Did you send all the emails he asked you to send?

Def: Did you cooperate in every way you could?

Def: and you told the truth here the two times you were forced to testify

JW: I have

Def: Nothing further

Seriously, where is Eyes for Lies, I would love to get her take on Jennifer Walker!

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/12479206/

The defense is the one that called her today, prosecution just crossed her. In the prosecution case, she was considered a hostile witness, but her testimony never aired.

To me she acted like she was hiding something and the line questioning I suppose we are to read it whatever way we so choose.

I'm not a court reporter and not very good at this, but I did my best:

Pro: Mam, Def. exhibit number 6 the emails from Raven they were a particular series in april, is that correct

JW: yes

Pro: That not all the emails between you and the defendant, is it

JW: What do you mean

Pro: That’s not all emails that were going back and forth between you and the defendant is it?

JW: I don’t know, no I don’t recall …however long ago that was, eight years ago

Pro: So you don’t know

JW: No, I don’t know.

Pro. And defendant’s exhibit number 7 that’s not the complete email, between you and Janet either, is it?

JW: No, I forwarded my response and her response to the detective

Pro: and at the time that you were with Raven, and seeing Raven and flirting with Raven who was your boyfriend at the time

JW: Joe

Pro: And at some time after Janet had a baby you had a baby too didn’t you

JW: I had a baby four years ago

Pro: Is that Braiden?

JW: No, it’s a girl

Pro: Who’s Braiden?

JW: I don’t know

Pro: And you also had a conversation with Raven, umm about when he was trying to take the baby from Janet, right?

JW: I don’t recall that

Pro: Oh, you don’t recall that…

JW: No, I do not

Pro: Well do you recall the email from Raven about his dreams about you and how he is going to beat up somebody up and he woke up in bed with you the next day, do you remember that?

JW: I just read that email with his lawyer

Pro: So do you remember

JW: I vaguely remember

Pro: So you vaguely remember the other one too, about the baby, don’t you.
JW: Well I read that too but I don’t remember any of that

Pro: Ok
JW: I don’t even know that that’s an email, it doesn’t appear to be an email, it looks like something that’s just typed

Pro: It looked just like the other one though didn’t it?
JW: Yeah, they both look the same
Pro: No further Questions your honor

Def: Miss Walker Umm when detective Bradley contacted you in april of 2005 did you do everything he asked you to do ?
Def: Did you send all the emails he asked you to send?
Def: Did you cooperate in every way you could?
Def: and you told the truth here the two times you were forced to testify
JW: I have
Def: Nothing further

Seriously, where is Eyes for Lies, I would love to get her take on Jennifer Walker!

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/12479206/

Notice she didn't answer the question! Answers the same way raven answers questions.
...did you have anything to do with the death of your wife?
raven "I loved my wife."

Put raven's mugshot up there and karyn will be hitting a grandslam as a mother. Four out of four children arrested. Nice! They all look like druggies and the one looks like he is in a gang. Certainly isn't what this family is portraying on the witness stand.

Trix, I thought of you when I was reading this:

13-701. Sentence of imprisonment for felony; presentence report; aggravating and mitigating factors; consecutive terms of imprisonment; definition................reads...

10. During the course of the commission of the offense, the death of an unborn child at any stage of its development occurred.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/00701.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

This is in AZ - maybe NC will catch on some time. Janet AND the baby would be able to be considered.

Shoot - lost another post. This site is acting up again. This is my last try for tonight.

Trix, I meant to say defense rather than prosecution. You are an excellent transcriber!!
I will watch the tape to see if the direct exam is on there, but I'm trying to imagine what good things she could have possibly said on direct, that made it worth giving the state a shot at her.
I suppose she could have said Raven was a better lover than Joe...but to put a cheating girlfriend on the stand to vouch for a cheating husband doesn't seem productive.
Sort of like saying, when I robbed the bank, "Tom", my partner in the burglary opened the door to the bank for me. Isn't "Tom" a nice guy? Duh

I wish I could have seen that young lady's first testimony. I don't think I've seen a witness exit a court room with so much fury in their eyes before. She absolutely did NOT want to be there. I thought it was kinda of funny how she was answering Tyndall's questions before he could get them out of his mouth. I wonder if someone had to hog tie her to get her back in the courtroom for that last 15 minutes of testimony. I suppose that if I had been in her shoes I would not want the world to know that I was cheating on my boyfriend with the likes of Raven either. I know it's been discussed openly here, and Charlene tried to get her to admit it, but does anyone know if she really did have a child with Raven named Braiden around the time that Janet had Kaiden? I only wonder because Tyndall felt it necessary to get it on the record whether or not she was telling the truth on the stand. No one else has been asked that. I think there is a whole lot more to this girls story than we'll ever know.

I wish I could have seen that young lady's first testimony. I don't think I've seen a witness exit a court room with so much fury in their eyes before. She absolutely did NOT want to be there. I thought it was kinda of funny how she was answering Tyndall's questions before he could get them out of his mouth. I wonder if someone had to hog tie her to get her back in the courtroom for that last 15 minutes of testimony. I suppose that if I had been in her shoes I would not want the world to know that I was cheating on my boyfriend with the likes of Raven either. I know it's been discussed openly here, and Charlene tried to get her to admit it, but does anyone know if she really did have a child with Raven named Braiden around the time that Janet had Kaiden? I only wonder because Tyndall felt it necessary to get it on the record whether or not she was telling the truth on the stand. No one else has been asked that. I think there is a whole lot more to this girls story than we'll ever know.

I don't know if I missed her testimony per the defense while I was at my dental appointment or not. Did you watch it live L L &S or did you go back to the WRAL videos to watch her testimony for the defense?

Good morning everybody! The sun is shining here and it's 69 degrees outside. Heavenly!

Trix, I thought of you when I was reading this:

13-701. Sentence of imprisonment for felony; presentence report; aggravating and mitigating factors; consecutive terms of imprisonment; definition................reads...

10. During the course of the commission of the offense, the death of an unborn child at any stage of its development occurred.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/00701.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

This is in AZ - maybe NC will catch on some time. Janet AND the baby would be able to be considered.

I may be wrong but I think sometime after this murder didn't NC pass a law to include an unborn baby in a murder charge?

So they are losing a juror due to his pre-planned vacation.

I thought I just heard that right - we're getting an alternate juror.

Jim Bolton (Raven's stepdad) is first up!

I think Tyndall wants people to know that she was lying on the stand myself, because I believe Raven tried insinuating it could have been a past mistress that did it and I believe the tale is she was one of them named.

Janet would would not let her in the home, nor upstairs near Janet's son, Kaiden. Janet would have kicked her butt completely back to Burlington or wherever she lived at the time, and you had to look at her just to see how much DNA would have been all over that place if she entered that home.

I think she didn't want to be bothered, but you know what, you going to mess with a married man, you are going to get the horns. She could have been an Amber Frey, she could have been someone that helped the case by telling the truth and she chose not too. She's never going going to be truly happy because it looks like she's always going to be repeating bad behaviors.

She had selective memory.

Questioned: So you also had a conversation with Raven, umm about when he was trying to take the baby from Janet, right?

Meaning - Sometime after Kaiden was born, between October 2004 and the date of Janet's murder, Raven discussed trying to take Janet's baby away from her. Why is this? So they could raise children together?

Questioned: Well do you recall the email from Raven about his dreams about you and how he is going to beat up somebody up and he woke up in bed with you the next day, do you remember that?

Nice, this is AFTER Janet and Raven got back together.

Poor, poor Jim, I have always felt so bad for him, he better answer correctly or he will have to face the wrath of Karen.

He lost his first wife, and then Karen got her hooks on the widower quite soon. He's between a rock and a hard place. As far as I know he's the only real stable person in Kaiden's life, the issue is I think he's afraid of his wife and probably Raven.

I feel for him, as long as he doesn't lie for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back