GUILTY NC - William “Andy” Banks, 39, Raleigh, met someone about selling his car, 12 Sept 2020 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Question for those who have followed similar stories, is someone usually found guilty? Does the person eventually turn up or are there a lot of cases where nothing more is ever discovered?
So sorry you are going through this.
In my "little" experience that I've followed, when a possible car sale is involved they have a better chance to solve. It's the craigslist dating stuff that are harder to solve. IMO

Raleigh local here. You wouldn't really get on 440 to head to Danville, but there is a portion of 440 that is also I-40 (we call 440 the Beltline). Perhaps the perpetrators didn't know that. It's easy to get mixed up in that section of roadway if you aren't familiar with the ins and outs.

There HAS to be cameras in Cameron Village. BUT, one thing that sticks out to me is that the K&W closed permanently recently. So, even though Cameron Village is a busy spot, that section of the shopping center might not have been.

Question for those who have followed similar stories, is someone usually found guilty? Does the person eventually turn up or are there a lot of cases where nothing more is ever discovered?

Yes.

In all the cases I'm aware of, perps have been identified in these Craigslist cases where there's theft involved.

These types of bad guys tend to be morons.

LE will definitely catch them, probably sooner rather than later.

I'm sure that's cold comfort to AB's friends and family, but I'm 100% confident there will be resolution to this case.

JMO.

Last edited:
Yes.

In all the cases I'm aware of, perps have been identified in these Craigslist cases where there's theft involved.

I'm sure that's cold comfort to AB's friends and family, but I'm 100% confident there will be resolution to this case.

JMO.
You said it so much better than I did...
JMO

Yes.

JMO.
Yes ^^^ to everything GordianKnot said.

They are usually Identified and caught !!

I’m sure LE has this covered but I was trying to figure out where there could be cameras in Cameron Village.

To be sure all of the banks have them. Maybe that new Chick-Fil-a too but I couldn’t verify that.

There is a flooding camera at Pigeon House Creek/Cameron Village. Flood Monitoring Cameras

Hopefully some of the townhomes and condos in the area have Ring.

Last edited:
That is good news that there is a good chance the criminals will be caught.

What about the victim, what are the usual outcomes? Do they find them?

The outcome is usually not a positive one in cases like this.

Sadly, victims of these types of crimes are typically not left alive and well, simply because the perps don't want to leave witnesses behind who can identify them/provide physical descriptions of them.

There absolutely will be a resolution to this case.

I'm afraid the resolution is unlikely to be a happy one for AB's friends and family, though.

I wish I could say otherwise.

JMO.

That is good news that there is a good chance the criminals will be caught.

What about the victim, what are the usual outcomes? Do they find them?
The victims are often found. Sometimes alive. Each missing persons case has differences & similarities. LE knows what they’re doing- even when it seems like things aren’t moving. Best thing is to keep his story in media.

Friends of Andy Banks said they were continuing to search for him and his car on their own Monday.

Mark Banks said he began to worry after not hearing from his brother for an extended period of time.

“It is absolutely out of the ordinary for him not to respond to text messages. He is on his phone all the time,” he said.

According to friends, Andy Banks was meeting someone in the K&W Cafeteria parking lot at Cameron Village about selling his 2011 Silver Range Rover Sport.

The restaurant is closed and nearby businesses say their cameras point away from the parking lot.

[...]

Raleigh man, car still missing after being last seen Saturday at Cameron Village | CBS 17
(more at link)

Has anyone seen more detail about where Andy’s phone was found?
This article was just updated and includes a better photo: Raleigh man, car still missing after being last seen Saturday at Cameron Village | CBS 17

eta: I don’t understand Venmo. This system actually shows the public individuals’ financial transactions?

Technically, yes. No personal/banking info is shared though. It is similar to CashApp or Zelle if you’ve used those. An easy way to send money to family/friends or maybe someone from Craigslist. It asks you to share a brief description of the reason for payment. You don’t have to publicly share your payments though.

I’m not convinced that the Venmo is related to the car sale. It seems like the person who paid him does some sports betting and on a Sunday I wonder if he was sending him a losing bet hence the “SMH”

Last edited:
Friends, Raleigh police search for missing 39-year-old man Andy Banks; SUV he was reportedly trying to sell found in Danville, Virginia

[...]

The 911 caller who originally reported him missing on Saturday said he hadn't heard from him in five or six hours and was "worried" because Banks was supposed to be selling a car.

[...]

The 911 caller said Banks was going to sell the car and then walk to his friend's apartment complex nearby, but never showed up.

"I can see on his text messages that he last checked his phone at 1:42 p.m.," the caller said. "He has not looked at his phone since then. His battery is on and its ringing and all that."

Raleigh police originally said they were looking for the silver Range Rover in connection with the man's disappearance but announced on Monday afternoon that it had been found in Danville, Virginia. Banks was not in it and was still missing.

ABC11 WTVD

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking