NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like money problems. Didn't dad say he was at an interview for a job or does he have a 2nd job? Their medical bills have to be astronomical. moo mho

JMO - I would like to know if any drugs were found in her system when they arrested her. I say this because from looking at the pictures, looks like the SM has lost a good bit of weight recently and does not look healthy IMO.
So, that combined with the financial crimes, may add up to a drug habit.

JMO - not saying this lady is on drugs. Just my thought when I looked at the mug shot.

By the way, the ex-husband of the stepmother is posting in the comments section at the Hickory Daily Record site with the nickname ank020109. He sure seems to think she's capable of having hurt Zahra.

I wonder how they knew there was a brush fire out back at 5:00 am? Maybe a neighbor woke them up....or, the pit bulls were barking....which, actually, the pit bulls would do if someone was sneaking around to snatch Zahra.

ACK...she could be anywhere! Seems stepmom is the only one claiming to have seen her since....when? Last Thursday?? Did dad see her. then?

BBM. Why would she come out screaming and crying that Zahra was missing? Wouldn't it seem that she would come outside and say, "Hey, Zahra's not in the house -- did she come outside with you? Have you seen her?" Maybe walk around the property a bit, call for her, etc.

That she was already hysterical before coming outside indicates to me that she knew there was no need to look around outside or ask if husband had seen her -- she already knew Zahra was gone. Wonder why.

I thought the same thing. Who would freak out like that in the middle of the afternoon? First you would just ask dad if he had seen her. Ugh.. this case is making my stomach hurt. And my heart.

By the way, the ex-husband of the stepmother is posting in the comments section at the Hickory Daily Record site with the nickname ank020109. He sure seems to think she's capable of having hurt Zahra.

do we know how long stepmom and dad have been married? Are they newly weds?

JMO - I would like to know if any drugs were found in her system when they arrested her. I say this because from looking at the pictures, looks like the SM has lost a good bit of weight recently and does not look healthy IMO.
So, that combined with the financial crimes, may add up to a drug habit.

JMO - not saying this lady is on drugs. Just my thought when I looked at the mug shot.

Good point Kimberly - if she was on drugs, that would be very important information to know. Hope they tested her for everything. moo

This is just totally my opinion but the step-mom just creeps me out. Just getting this feeling about her. I agree with some other posters that the fire may have been started to get rid of evidence.

Praying for Zahra!

do we know how long stepmom and dad have been married? Are they newly weds?

The guy purporting to be the ex-husband of the stepmom (and I believe he truly is) said in the comments section of an article either on CNN or the HDR that the dad and stepmom met online 3 yrs ago, and he moved here with Zahra to be with her.

He said that both he and the stepmom's biological daughter had reported her to DSS for abusive treatment of Zahra, hoping she'd be removed from the woman, and that nothing was done.

Former neighbor Kayla Rotenberry, said she and her fiance were good friends with the Bakers when they lived in nearby Sawmills, and saw Zahra often. The couple was skeptical of the girl's stepmother, in part because she claimed to write songs for musician and American Idol finalist Chris Daughtry, and told other far-fetched stories, Rotenberry said.
"We just got to the point where we didn't believe her. We knew they were lies, but she never gave me a reason not to trust her," said Rotenberry, 23.
The stepmother had a short-temper, Rotenberry said.
"She wasn't as nice as she seemed," she said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...LWNY3lLWF2wqDQ34pAEwD9IPJ3B80?docId=D9IPJ3B80

Also:

Adam Baker was from Australia, and met his current wife over the Internet, said former neighbor Brandy Stapleton, 22, of Lenoir.

HLN talking about Zahra right now, FYI.

ETA: Nevermind, was just a quick overview. Disappointing, I thought they might take a look at the case. Sorry for the false alarm there.

The guy purporting to be the ex-husband of the stepmom (and I believe he truly is) said in the comments section of an article either on CNN or the HDR that the dad and stepmom met online 3 yrs ago, and he moved here with Zahra to be with her.

He said that both he and the stepmom's biological daughter had reported her to DSS for abusive treatment of Zahra, hoping she'd be removed from the woman, and that nothing was done.

Would not shock me one bit if there were previous reports to DSS and nothing was done. That is the case in almost all missing child cases where the family is HINKY.

JMO

And, if this was reports to NC DSS, they have had MAJOR issues lately and even witheld info in Shaniya's case.

Former neighbor Kayla Rotenberry, said she and her fiance were good friends with the Bakers when they lived in nearby Sawmills, and saw Zahra often. The couple was skeptical of the girl's stepmother, in part because she claimed to write songs for musician and American Idol finalist Chris Daughtry, and told other far-fetched stories, Rotenberry said.
"We just got to the point where we didn't believe her. We knew they were lies, but she never gave me a reason not to trust her," said Rotenberry, 23.
The stepmother had a short-temper, Rotenberry said.
"She wasn't as nice as she seemed," she said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...LWNY3lLWF2wqDQ34pAEwD9IPJ3B80?docId=D9IPJ3B80

Also:

Adam Baker was from Australia, and met his current wife over the Internet, said former neighbor Brandy Stapleton, 22, of Lenoir.

That's weird the couldn't believe her yet she gave them no reason not to trust her??
Call me silly but if I couldn't believe her I couldn't trust her.

he is posting here too:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/10/north.carolina.missing.girl/index.html?hpt=T2

if it is not okay to paraphrase what he said mods please delete.
.. but he claims that the relationship was online in nature and that z and her father came here three years ago from Australia. He also claims to have, in conjunction with SM's and his bio daughter, called DSS

Thanks for the info. That's terrible and very sad news. wonder where bio dad was during all this? moo

he is posting here too:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/10/north.carolina.missing.girl/index.html?hpt=T2

if it is not okay to paraphrase what he said mods please delete.
.. but he claims that the relationship was online in nature and that z and her father came here three years ago from Australia. He also claims to have, in conjunction with SM's and his bio daughter, called DSS

Yep, that's him! He is extremely upset and worried for Zahra. As are we all, bless her little heart. :(

OHHH NOOO! This news makes me want to cry!

Zahra! Where are you sweet girl?!!!

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members