NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ella971, I just read your post. Yes I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach too!

wm

Trying to catch up on reading and it doesn't sound good at all.

Even though it has been discounted by the LE, the other scenario could still be a runaway situation.

1 - It was said that Zahra's hearing improved so much after getting some hearing aids, that she could hear better without them. (maybe she didn't want to take them)

2- Maybe there was friction in the household between Zahra and her new stepmom.

3 - Maybe moving to a new address recently could make Zahra homesick for her friends and old place.

4 - Maybe the fire was been set by Zahra to burn the house down and kill her stepmom?

I know that the last one was way out there, but just throwing out thoughts in my head.

Well, you just never know -- I think everything is always on the table until the truth is discovered. But people who know Zahra say she would not willingly leave the house without her hearing aids.

This can't end well. Why does the step mom in her mug shot have a weird smile? I won't give up hope however I have a very bad feeling about this. Z is such a charming little girl I wonder if step mom resented her? Ah,who knows.I'm sick over this. SICK!!

I know what you mean Ella....I keep having a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach over this.

This little angel so obviously isn't the type to 'run away'....so....SOMEBODY disappeared her...and how many cases like THAT turn up with a safe and sound child? Not many :-(

This is reminding me in some ways of poor little Kyron. Maybe it is the suspicious stepmother similarity.

Here's another thing that strikes me as being odd. Fire in the yard; *IF* it were intentionally set, it could draw unwanted attention to people who were, oh I don't know, wanted? It sounds like a smoke screen, pardon the pun. But again, you don't do that if you're a fugitive from justice.

That makes sense but some criminals are just dumb maybe the fire was set to destroy something?

We sure have a lot of guests! (110)Hi folks! Thank You for reading.Come on and join us.

Trying to catch up on reading and it doesn't sound good at all.

Even though it has been discounted by the LE, the other scenario could still be a runaway situation.

1 - It was said that Zahra's hearing improved so much after getting some hearing aids, that she could hear better without them. (maybe she didn't want to take them)

2- Maybe there was friction in the household between Zahra and her new stepmom.

3 - Maybe moving to a new address recently could make Zahra homesick for her friends and old place.

4 - Maybe the fire was been set by Zahra to burn the house down and kill her stepmom?

I know that the last one was way out there, but just throwing out thoughts in my head.
ya know, I pray for this scenario... and I don't think it is outside the realm of possibilities.

As for further fire thoughts... I am sure they can tell if an accelerant was used.

locals: has it been dry in the area lately?????

When the dogs were brought in they did not pick up on anything in the house or the cars right ?

Odd for sure.............

I think she will be within a 5 mile radius of the home, deceased :(

As badly as I hate to say it mystic......I think you're right.

That makes sense but some criminals are just dumb maybe the fire was set to destroy something?

Well naturally, that's assuming there were no drugs involved and that the person/people responsible were in their *ahem* right mind.....I know....it's a stretch.

I'm reading down through this thread and it's very rare that ALL of us share the same opinion as to potential outcome of a case. That's what really scares me.

I pray we are all wrong. Just that terrible feeling you get after so many cases you have a sick feeling. We have 225 guests.

Would a prosthesis burn?

Forgive me if that is a dumb question but I've honestly never seen one and not sure how they are made. Just thinking out loud....if it were accidentally left behind when a sleeping child was removed from her bed and carried off...it would have needed to be gotten rid of.....

When the dogs were brought in they did not pick up on anything in the house or the cars right ?

Maybe this will help:

**snip**
Maria Claxton, of a local search dog team, led her dog behind crime scene tape and throughout the stacks of firewood and brush in the Bakers’ backyard while their pit bulls strained at their leashes and whined. Then she took the dog to the Bakers’ Chevy Suburban and Toyota Celica, into the crawl space under the family’s house and inside the home. The search turned up nothing

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...ncerned-about-welfare-missing-girl-ar-448453/

I thought the same thing.

And what is up with the "dogs were straining/whining behind the stacks of firewood" (paraphrased)?

Would a prosthesis burn?

Forgive me if that is a dumb question but I've honestly never seen one and not sure how they are made. Just thinking out loud....if it were accidentally left behind when a sleeping child was removed from her bed and carried off...it would have needed to be gotten rid of.....

I thought the same thing. Not sure.

I thought the same thing.

And what is up with the "dogs were straining/whining behind the stacks of firewood" (paraphrased)?

I took that to mean not the search dogs but the pit bulls owned by the Bakers.

I live in the next town over from Hickory and can't believe this happened. I will keep up with what I can and post any new info I hear of.

Several people who know the family are searching around their Hickory homes on Monday.
Channel 9 spoke with Kayla Rotenbery, who is a friend of the family. “She was a great young girl. She was the best young girl you could ask for. She had perfect manners,” Rotenbery said.
“From the bottom of my heart I’m praying she’s all right. You can only do what the good Lord will let you do,” said Bobby Green, a friend of the family.
Billboards are posted in Hickory with information about Zahra’s disappearance. The chief said that Zahra was home-schooled but they are checking with schools in Caldwell County to find out where she did go to school at one time.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25354656/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members