NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this little girl is found soon. I can't imagine an stranger abducting her, but anything is possible. I wonder if they had friends over that night? My nephew who is 10 stays up real late and sleeps the day away. Maybe that is something they were use to. I also can't imagine the stepmom doing anything when it looks like she cared very much for her. Going outside might of been tough. Maybe she didn't like Zahra going out alone. My neighboros probably wouldn't know I had kids, if they didn't see the toys out front, they aren't home most of the time we are outside.

BBM

WaltzingMatilda, I had cancer at eleven years old and I rarely went outside the house. One of the reasons was fatigue and the other was because I had to be careful of getting infections. I'm not sure what Zahara's condition (as far as her cancer) was at the time she went missing, but it might not be that unusual for people not to see her unless they visited inside the home.
I wasn't home schooled by my mother but I was home schooled (when I could handle it) by a "home bound" teacher.

Thanks lizzybeth! This makes sense and quite frankly I had not considered Zahra's cancer being a factor. I, myself have an autoimmune disorder and must be careful of infections also. I don't get out much either because it is a struggle to get up and down the stairs at times. Little Zahra's struggles outweigh mine a hundredfold and she is just a child. I hope and pray she is found soon.
Thanks for setting me straight ;)

wm

Im agreeing with you darlin gal.. Looks like LE has filled dad in on something he cant talk about... so sad.. hope you are safe sweet child.. and I hope mom isnt involved. Lots of hink going on there though, imo.

There is MAJOR hink in this case. How do grown parents sleep in until 2 pm? Even 12 pm is weird. I can understand if the father works night shifts, but what about the step-mother? SOMEONE has to be up to tend to her needs (breakfast, lunch, etc..). HINK. The step-mother's arrest makes me think she could have sold her to pay for debts. (Arrested for money-related crimes: bad checks, etc...).

Aside from all that, I feel terrible for little Zahra:

1. Cancer

2. Losing a leg and hearing to cancer

3. Not having been with her biological mother (for whatever reason) since she was an infant.

Frankly, I do not think this was a stranger abduction. I think someone in that house knows where she is and what happened to her, and they are responsible for it.

Boy, I have to say, these days, if your child really DOES get kidnapped by a stranger at night, good luck trying to prove it because there are people out there that are crying wolf like there is no tomorrow. Ruining it for all the real victims.

I hope this beautiful young lady is found safe.

ABC news interviewed the father and LE this morning. Looks like a 7 min. video interview. One thing standing out to me was the last time the father saw Zahra was Thursday night. It's the Step-mother reporting a last seen at 2:30am Saturday.

Story and video Interview

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-hickory-girl-zahra-bakers-mom-involved-dad/story?id=11848643

Heartbreaking. I like the shirt he had on it said vengeance. Well again it's looking like the step mom did something with her. Ugh.What a charming, beautiful little girl.

She isn't totally deaf, right? she just lost high-pitched hearing, is my understanding. So there's a fire in the backyard that included the fire dept coming out... and her parents didn't check on her then,... she was suppose to have slept through the commotion?

Just couldn't sleep because I keep thinking of beautiful Zahra, the child who survived so much.

As mentioned above by MsFactious that if mom went through surgery with Zahra, 2 bouts of chemotherapy, and noticed developmental issues that are a result of hearing loss, she had to have invested a great deal of time and love into her child. Doesn't make sense she would do anything to bring harm to such a brave little girl...Zahra is a survivor. She is beautiful and the video is precious. Zahra missing is so disturbing to me, she must be found ASAP. moo mho

Wondering who started the brush fire in the backyard? moo mho

Seeing her in the video melted my heart....what a precious, brave little girl she is. Oh God, please let her be OK!!! I agree w/ you totally about the stepmom, Eyes and MsF. She sure seems involved and caring. There is just so much 'unusual' stuff with this....the odd sleep times, a fire, child goes missing the same day, the arresting of the mom on unrelated charges :-( Just praying so hard Zahra is OK wherever she is.

There is MAJOR hink in this case. How do grown parents sleep in until 2 pm? Even 12 pm is weird. I can understand if the father works night shifts, but what about the step-mother? SOMEONE has to be up to tend to her needs (breakfast, lunch, etc..). HINK. The step-mother's arrest makes me think she could have sold her to pay for debts. (Arrested for money-related crimes: bad checks, etc...).

Aside from all that, I feel terrible for little Zahra:

1. Cancer

2. Losing a leg and hearing to cancer

3. Not having been with her biological mother (for whatever reason) since she was an infant.

Frankly, I do not think this was a stranger abduction. I think someone in that house knows where she is and what happened to her, and they are responsible for it.

Boy, I have to say, these days, if your child really DOES get kidnapped by a stranger at night, good luck trying to prove it because there are people out there that are crying wolf like there is no tomorrow. Ruining it for all the real victims.

I hope this beautiful young lady is found safe.
bbm from abc interview with Dad, he states he saw Zahra Thursday night. He got up for work on friday before she did and didn't get home until she was allegedly already in bed.

SM states she "checked on" Zahra at 0230 and Dad states he was sleeping. At some point there was a fire and the department came to the house. He states he didn't see/check on Zahra at that time. He got up on Saturday and went to a job and got home and states he was out doing some yard work when his wife comes screaming out of the house at 2pm that Zahra is missing.

((this was from ABC video))

what I want to know is who saw Zahra on Friday... did she go to school? If the SM is involved something easily could have happened to her as early as Thursday night if no one saw her after that point!

I hope this poor little girl is found soon...

Not saying this happened, as I think the SM may indeed be involved. But my brain always looks for alternatives, kwim?

What if the fire was set as a distraction, and a bad guy came in and took Zahra while the adults were out dealing with the fire and fire department?

Just wondering here...

Best-
Herding Cats

Every possibility is still open at this point. I hope the presser moves it forward a bit. Oh, how I wish there were no new threads for missing children... Every one of them breaks my heart.

Not another bad stepmother case! I feel so sorry for this beautiful child. What is wrong with these women that these kids that aren't their blood are so expendable? I just don't get it, and I'm a stepmother myself. I'd never dream of hurting my stepchild.

*sigh* is this press conference eastern time? Meaning it starts in like 9 minutes (central time)?

And maybe it's because I work for the Dept. Of Rehabilitation Services in Oklahoma, which helps disabled people get jobs and has schools for the deaf and the blind, but it tears me up to see disabled children get hurt, especially by those that are supposed to love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMsleuth1027