NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE rumor: don't know if I am relieved or heartsick at the fact that this is an untrue rumor :(

We are positive that Z has been missing. SM said she wrote the note. Everything else to me is about finding her and do the puzzle of how and why later.

This whole case is one nightmare after another. Not to mention confusing. So much hink.

I read the article about the attic. http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/14/16/neighbors-wonder-if-zahra-kept-attic-ar-458767/

The former neighbors have really made a case with evidence---horrifying. The fact that they only heard movement and no voices really worries me. No surprise there that Adam and Elisa were violent toward one another. Interesting that the reason they got kicked out was because of the fighting (good for the neighbors for kicking them out!) I feel bad for the former neighbors because they said if only they knew a child was living there--they would have intervened. Truly sad.

I read this article as well, from AU, regarding Zahra's biological mother:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...-for-zahra-baker/story-e6frf7l6-1225939356137

This really burns me because there is NO MENTION of the mother's name, and it mentions Zahra's sister?? Who knew? No names and it only states that she and Adam were separated, and that she remained in "contact" with Zahra over the years, but never "saw her" in person. No details. No names, no reason for separation, or lack of custody, or visitation. How do you interview someone and not get those details??

Something is ROTTEN in Hickory, North Carolina AND Australia.:confused::mad:

nobody.....ditto on the bumpy ride feeling.

It just has that "off" feeling about it. Today I mean. Just a hunch there will be a bit of the rollercoaster today. More than the rest of the week, that is.

It just has that "off" feeling about it. Today I mean. Just a hunch there will be a bit of the rollercoaster today. More than the rest of the week, that is.

I have that feeling all week. It sure takes a toll on you.

This whole case is one nightmare after another. Not to mention confusing. So much hink.

I read the article about the attic. http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/14/16/neighbors-wonder-if-zahra-kept-attic-ar-458767/

The former neighbors have really made a case with evidence---horrifying. The fact that they only heard movement and no voices really worries me. No surprise there that Adam and Elisa were violent toward one another. Interesting that the reason they got kicked out was because of the fighting (good for the neighbors for kicking them out!) I feel bad for the former neighbors because they said if only they knew a child was living there--they would have intervened. Truly sad.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...-for-zahra-baker/story-e6frf7l6-1225939356137

This really burns me because there is NO MENTION of the mother's name, and it mentions Zahra's sister?? Who knew? No names and it only states that she and Adam were separated, and that she remained in "contact" with Zahra over the years, but never "saw her" in person. No details. No names, no reason for separation, or lack of custody, or visitation. How do you interview someone and not get those details??

ITA Watchful - its either searching for 5 years or now she has remained in contact - which is it? and you are right - why no names! :banghead:

I agree, there is a lot of backstory that we are not hearing about the reason for Adam having custody of Zahra in the first place. As to the sister, I took teh article to mean the BIO Mother's sister. Not sister to Zahra. But I could be wrong, Just goes to show the diferences in interpretation of a single sentence.

Good morning. Btw, thank-you very much for the warm welcome the other day! :)

Sorry we all need to be here though :( Hopefully today little Zahra will be found.

Saw this link, not sure if it's been posted before:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/australian-family-members-give-no-new-leads-20101014-16lr9.html

"There were fresh media reports yesterday that police now were confident Zahra was alive a month ago, but Major Deal would not confirm or deny it because the case was an ongoing murder investigation.

Major Deal did douse reports Adam Baker was not being co-operative with investigators.

‘‘We have been in contact with him and each time he has been co-operative,’’ Major Deal said.

Elisa Baker, however, has not talked to authorities since she asked for a lawyer earlier in the week."

One of them better crack soon!

Whatever their purpose, I bet your bottom dollar AB is shaking in his boots right now ... the FBI would be quite intimidating. Personally I would rather be interrogated by Sadaam Hussein.

Oh Nosee, you just reminded me of one of my favorite lines from "Bridget Jones' Diary"...

"But if staying here means working within 10 yards of you, frankly, I'd rather have a job wiping Saddam Hussein's arse."

And frankly, that's what I'd have to tell them if they asked me to defend either of these two "parents" in court.

I'm having a hard time believing anything that is in the press. My heart has gone UP and DOWN over and over. I pray that SM and D will talk.

That's how I'm feeling too. Sad, isn't it, that we can't trust what are supposed to be "trusted" news sources??? How hard is it to get your information right, especially when it involves a missing child?????

This really burns me because there is NO MENTION of the mother's name, and it mentions Zahra's sister?? Who knew?

Hi Watchful... I think by the way it's worded...it's talking about the mother's sister, not a sister of Zahra.....would be Zahra's aunt...

North Carolina police officer Clyde Deal told the Herald Sun he had spoken with the mother and her sister in Australia.

(italics mine)

That's how I'm feeling too. Sad, isn't it, that we can't trust what are supposed to be "trusted" news sources??? How hard is it to get your information right, especially when it involves a missing child?????

I just could not stand it and had to call and find out.

originally posted by velouria:
Oh Nosee, you just reminded me of one of my favorite lines from "Bridget Jones' Diary"...

"But if staying here means working within 10 yards of you, frankly, I'd rather have a job wiping Saddam Hussein's arse."

And frankly, that's what I'd have to tell them if they asked me to defend either of these two "parents" in court.

LOL! Oh, that is SO TRUE (great movie and quote too, hehe). G-d I could NEVER be a defense attourney. You couldn't pay me enough to defend the scum of the earth.

Is Zahra going to get her own forum? Or at least can we have another thread about the facts of this case, no discussion or questions asked? I'm asking because it would be nice to have a central place to keep everything straight. It seems like we have a wild accumulation of things and it's hard to keep track of it. If there just could be a facts thread, that would be good. Her own forum would be even better, IMO.

I guess work isn't distracting me very much. :(

ETA: I'd offer to do it, but I really don't have the time to right now, sorry.

I have that feeling all week. It sure takes a toll on you.

Definitely. This one has me completely wrapped up. I've followed cases before but getting drawn in to this level...is a first. There was one other I followed close but didn't get involved like this. My head hurts, my neck and back ache and my heart is a bit more broken. But I'm still in!

Let today be the day. She deserves to rest.

I think the Australian press has showed admirable restraint in not outing the mother and subjecting her to the overwhelming and unwanted attention she would have gotten in the U.S., given the same circumstances - being hectored by every talk show to put her private life in public purview. It's good to be free of the tabloid mentality for a change. Sure, we all want info, but at what cost? I'm sure the mother has been given the opportunity of in-depth interviews; but for whatever reason she doesn't seem to want to participate. In her shoes, can we blame her?

It is amazing how all of us, total strangers (to Zahra), have more love, compassion, and care for her than her parents (step-mom and Adam) ever did.

Can you imagine? Hundreds and thousands of people caring about you, not sleeping over worrying about you, and you got stuck with 2 monsters?

The irony is always so chilling in these cases.

I think the Australian press has showed admirable restraint in not outing the mother and subjecting her to the overwhelming and unwanted attention she would have gotten in the U.S., given the same circumstances - being hectored by every talk show to put her private life in public purview. It's good to be free of the tabloid mentality for a change. Sure, we all want info, but at what cost? I'm sure the mother has been given the opportunity of in-depth interviews; but for whatever reason she doesn't seem to want to participate. In her shoes, can we blame her?

I agree, especially given the criticism that Kyle Horman's mother initially received (and Haleigh's mom) for not having custody of their bio children. Public consensus tends to be that 'something must be wrong with a mother who doesn't raise their own child', when oftentimes there are unknown circumstances leading to the current custody situation. I don't blame her for choosing to stay out of the limelight.

Definitely. This one has me completely wrapped up. I've followed cases before but getting drawn in to this level...is a first. There was one other I followed close but didn't get involved like this. My head hurts, my neck and back ache and my heart is a bit more broken. But I'm still in!

Let today be the day. She deserves to rest.

I'm with you. I keep rubbing my neck and head. I may need to go lay down and if I do I want to just let you guys know I called at 9:47 am Hickory police and they have not found her body. If I don't come back on until later at least it gives you a time from them. I may get a hot shower and climb in bed and nap.Let's pray this is the day they get something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill