NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Zahra going to get her own forum? Or at least can we have another thread about the facts of this case, no discussion or questions asked? I'm asking because it would be nice to have a central place to keep everything straight. It seems like we have a wild accumulation of things and it's hard to keep track of it. If there just could be a facts thread, that would be good. Her own forum would be even better, IMO.

I guess work isn't distracting me very much. :(

ETA: I'd offer to do it, but I really don't have the time to right now, sorry.

I am also pressed for time (werk happens) but Agree, it is about time. Also, then we could sort of separate fact from supposition about did AB know, how much did he know, bio mom questions, timelines, question only, etc. into different threads as in other cases.

If anyone is up for doing this, I am sure many of us would be supremly grateful.

Definitely. This one has me completely wrapped up. I've followed cases before but getting drawn in to this level...is a first. There was one other I followed close but didn't get involved like this. My head hurts, my neck and back ache and my heart is a bit more broken. But I'm still in!

Let today be the day. She deserves to rest.

I'm right there with you, NS (and WELCOME!). This is my first day off in 2 weeks and my first post on Zahra's threads, but I've been following along and reading here every chance I get. My heart is broken, my stomach aches, and I haven't been able to sleep...it's the first time I've had such physical effects.

I am literally broken over this, as I know many of you are. :grouphug: I wish one of us (WS'ers) would have known her. We would have done everything in our power to save her. :(

I think the Australian press has showed admirable restraint in not outing the mother and subjecting her to the overwhelming and unwanted attention she would have gotten in the U.S., given the same circumstances - being hectored by every talk show to put her private life in public purview. It's good to be free of the tabloid mentality for a change. Sure, we all want info, but at what cost? I'm sure the mother has been given the opportunity of in-depth interviews; but for whatever reason she doesn't seem to want to participate. In her shoes, can we blame her?

The talk shows must be going crazy trying to get her to go on! Bet they will offer her a lot to get her side of the story and as much as I would like to hear it, her privacy should be respected. Certainly not what we are used to here.

Originally Posted by wfgodot
I think the Australian press has showed admirable restraint in not outing the mother and subjecting her to the overwhelming and unwanted attention she would have gotten in the U.S., given the same circumstances - being hectored by every talk show to put her private life in public purview. It's good to be free of the tabloid mentality for a change. Sure, we all want info, but at what cost? I'm sure the mother has been given the opportunity of in-depth interviews; but for whatever reason she doesn't seem to want to participate. In her shoes, can we blame her?

Yes, I totally understand, but I guess all of us, deep down, want to know so much about this case and Zahra. It's a Catch 22.

It's just that by keeping her anonomous, it's just making her look even more absent in her child's life. The credibility is not quite there for me until I see her come forward more. I am by NO MEANS BLAMING HER. AT ALL. I am just trying to understand. There are 2 monsters in this situation--not 3.

After reading that on her page this morning, all I could do is cry and smoke. Im sorry for doing the same to all of you with that MIS information...

O/T I remember the day that Jerrod Harrell was arrested for murdering Somer, I thought I would feel elated. Not even close. It was worse, all the horror just replayed over and over in my mind. Like Somers story... this will not have a happy ending, no matter the outcome. If Zahra arrives at her gma's house in AU... that is the only happy ending I can see.. and unfortunately.. I dont see that happening.

Just want to reiterate how much you all mean to me and all of those searching for their loved ones... the people here at ws are forever my heros.....
thank you for all the time, effort, and heart you put into this!

I am also pressed for time (werk happens) but Agree, it is about time. Also, then we could sort of separate fact from supposition about did AB know, how much did he know, bio mom questions, timelines, question only, etc. into different threads as in other cases.

If anyone is up for doing this, I am sure many of us would be supremly grateful.

I can do it. Do I just open a new thread?

So is there more searching going on today? Does anyone know? Did they continue to search through the night?

I wonder if the police may have advised Zahras bio Mom to stay out of the limelight, to keep the focus totally on her father and SM in the US, and for the press to respect that (not that the press usually does...). Maybe a court judge was able to enforce it, like the sealing of documents.

Yes, I totally understand, but I guess all of us, deep down, want to know so much about this case and Zahra. It's a Catch 22.

It's just that by keeping her anonomous, it's just making her look even more absent in her child's life. The credibility is not quite there for me until I see her come forward more. I am by NO MEANS BLAMING HER. AT ALL. I am just trying to understand. There are 2 monsters in this situation--not 3.

I'm like you - I thrive, too, on info. I've googled Australian sources repeatedly, looking for the very thing I condemned - because we do want to know. Mea culpa.

Still, a tip o' the Kangol to the Aussie press. Remarkable job I think, good on them.

After reading that on her page this morning, all I could do is cry and smoke. Im sorry for doing the same to all of you with that MIS information...

O/T I remember the day that Jerrod Harrell was arrested for murdering Somer, I thought I would feel elated. Not even close. It was worse, all the horror just replayed over and over in my mind. Like Somers story... this will not have a happy ending, no matter the outcome. If Zahra arrives at her gma's house in AU... that is the only happy ending I can see.. and unfortunately.. I dont see that happening.

Just want to reiterate how much you all mean to me and all of those searching for their loved ones... the people here at ws are forever my heros.....
thank you for all the time, effort, and heart you put into this!

Please on top of everything else do not be sorry. If anyone of us saw that we would of posted it. Take care of yourself and walk away when you feel like you are on the verge of insanity. Sometimes it only takes a trip to the bathroom and some water. Hugs to you. We will all get thru this like every other case.Hand in hand.

I too hope Zahra is found today. Part of me is still hoping that SOMEHOW by SOME ABSOLUTE MIRACLE this precious little child is alive...I just can't help it. I dread hearing the final "body found"....even though logically we know she must be gone :-(

RE: a forum for Zahra

I don't think this quite rates for a full forum right now - BUT I do believe we need a "Media reference". I remember when Haleigh first started by the 3rd or 4th day it was becoming very difficult to find past articles. I volunteered and went back thread by thread and pulled all the media articles we had and started the media reference.

I have a 2:00 appointment today. When I get back if the mods ok it - I will start eh media reference and go back and pull all that we have. (With Haleigh it took SEVERAL hours to do).

I'll contact a mod and see what they say.

thank you for all the time, effort, and heart you put into this
!

Not your fault, S'nP. I think any one of us would have posted that as well.
:grouphug:

BBM... I couldn't have said it better.

I too hope Zahra is found today. Part of me is still hoping that SOMEHOW by SOME ABSOLUTE MIRACLE this precious little child is alive...I just can't help it. I dread hearing the final "body found"....even though logically we know she must be gone :-(

I know, I keep hoping that maybe she ran away to escape this nightmare she was living in..and now she's safe and happy somewhere. It's a longshot..but it keeps me thinking positive and happy.

Infrequent poster here. I mostly follow the Caylee Anthony case but this one has drawn me in too. This poor girl. She has suffered so much.

I do want to comment on some of the judgements/ remarks being made about "goths."

I am 34 years old and have been involved in the gothic subculture since I was a young teenager. I completely understand how, in such cases where someone who does something terrible like this SM most likely has, the general public will pick the thing that is most unfamiliar (and maybe even scary) to them and use it to help explain that person's behavior. One thing we need to keep in mind is bad people come from all walks of life. However, it doesn't mean all people in that group are bad.

I encourage you to read this site. http://www.religioustolerance.org/goth.htm
Here are a few excerpts:

What is the Goth culture?

It is basically indefinable, because "Goth" means different things to each follower.

Goths tend to be non-violent, pacifistic, passive, and tolerant. Many in the media have mistakenly associated Goth with extreme violence and hatred of minorities, white supremacy, etc.

Many Goths reflect popular culture and are probably nominal or devout Christians. Atheism, Agnosticism, the New Age, Gnosticism, Shamanism, Wicca, other Neopagan traditions, and other minority faith groups are represented more frequently than in the general population.

The public incorrectly commonly associates Goths with Marilyn Manson. 10 "Manson publicly presents himself as a follower of the Church of Satan... He was ordained a priest in the Church of Satan by the [late] founder, Anton LaVey. Many fans refer to him as the Rev. Marilyn Manson." 9 (Actually, Manson is not a follower of that Church; he was simply appointed as a Reverend within the Church by its founder, Anton LaVey.) From this Satanic connection, the perception has grown that Goths are frequently linked to Satanism. There are a few Satanists who are also Goths, but they are rare.

In the many years I have been involved with the subculture I have found all of these points to be true.

Another thing I wanted to mention is, EB's need to publicize that she is goth and different and people should stop judging her, etc etc etc is something young, teens do when they are trying to find themselves (and happen to find themselves associating with the gothic subculture.) Besides this post, I never ever feel the need to tell people I am goth. As a mater of fact, as a grown woman, I kind of feel embarrassed to say it. I am who I am. I like the music I like. I just look a little "alternative" these days. Some tattoos, black hair but that's about the extent. My Dr Martens and fishnets are hung up in the closet and mostly only come out on a special occasion. This woman has the mentality of a teenager. She is sick and twisted and misusing my subculture as a way to relate her sickness.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

(((sadnpod))) Anyone would've posted the link about her being found, and I'm sure there will be more misinformation as the press tries to be the first with new info. Just like yesterday when one reporter jumped the gun and stated that AB went 'missing' because he wasn't home.

Ok - I just contact our wonderful Kimster about this and I'll let you know what they plan to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000