NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my mind, he sold his soul to the devil and his daughter down the river the minute he decided / agreed to leave Australia with EB. His guilt began the moment he let his needs and EB's needs became more important than Zahra's needs and he left his family and support system.

He could have jumped overboard from the SS Gothic Fairy at any point up until then. He CHOSE not to. Complicit day #1 in my book. Simple-minded or not, that will lie at his feet for eternity.

MOO

I agree with that. Even if EB hadn't been such a physical and emotional threat to his child, it was a huge mistake. He took a disabled cancer survivor away from Australia where she had an entitlement to excellent mostly-free medical care and generous payments to her guardian for her general expenses as a child (family tax payment) and her care as a disabled child (carer allowance) and took her to a country where financing her medical care was far more uncertain and those cash payments from the Australian government were going to stop or reduce eventually because the payments aren't portable forever. Also, with that level of disability in Australia she would probably be entitled to an income support payment (disability support pension) in her own right when she turned 16, and extra payments if she studied (pensioner education supplement) or needed help using public transport (mobility allowance).

Absolutely awful thing to do. He should have left her with family here.

In retrospect, being deported would have been the best possible outcome for little Zahra.

Besides, whose to say they couldn't afford to buy her lunch? I have seen no evidence that they were on assistance (a qualifier for free/reduced lunches).

Their money may have been going to or tied up in "other" pursuits. Perhaps it just wasn't a priority for EB to buy Zahra a lunch ticket.

I did not state they were on benefits - I stated that they were not on benefits (in theory) for fear that AB and ZB would be deported once it was discovered by the state gov. According to former classmates she was given lunches by them - they would pack extra lunches for her. And since there are progrmas to assist I wonder why Zahra would not have been on one of them and why the school system did not do more to investigate the OBVIOUS neglect of this child. It burns me up how many people let her down - it's simply devastating.

Where is this info? I tried to look at the daughter's pages but they are private.

If you are on someone's page who is PUBLIC and they respond to a private post and it's says "XXXX commented on XXXXX status" the status part is a link and you can often see the status and comments ... even when it's private. HTH .

No full names of Facebook posters and you can only paraphrase what the poster stated and provide a link where the post can be located.

I think I can post this because it's AY's comment on someone's profile that is PUBLIC. Thought some might find it of interest.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=111174615611275&id=100001636059865

I still stand by the thought that AB wasn't involved. Too many people are standing up for him while going against their own family (EB). For daughter's to go against their mother in a case like this is very telling to me. They know their "mother" best.

Respect your opinion but am unable to clear AB at this time. In getting to the bottom of things I'm ready to throw him behind bars with his wife in a pink jail jumpsuit. Ok so the cell next to her. Maybe it would provide a lead to Zahras whereabouts. Besides he'd have to change that shirt. :angel:

IMO JMO

They knew everyone loved her, right? Maybe they just let her get by on her own charms, knowing full well that she could get free lunch, EB was a master at manipulation and that may have been in her thought process. I would buy her lunch in a heartbeat.

If you are on someone's page who is PUBLIC and they respond to a private post and it's says "XXXX commented on XXXXX status" the status part is a link and you can often see the status and comments ... even when it's private. HTH .

That's weird, I have a fb and am on it all the time and I never have seen that. I wonder if it has something to do with my settings?

ITA majikposhun = schools can be very aggressive about getting these children signed up for free/reduced lunch as it gets the school extra federal funding. They stay on top of it, contacting parents, home visits, etc. etc. - hounding people to return those forms.

Didn't we hear that the *advertiser censored*'t principal and the guidance counselor of one of her schools did try to visit the home?

This new news tells me now definitively that Zahra was not receiving any type of assistance. Such a shame.

Respect your opinion but am unable to clear AB at this time. In getting to the bottom of things I'm ready to throw him behind bars with his wife in a pink jail jumpsuit. Ok so the cell next to her. Maybe it would provide a lead to Zahras whereabouts. Besides he'd have to change that shirt. :angel:

IMO JMO

This is a fine example of why I heart you Peli. :blushing:

I did not state they were on benefits - I stated that they were not on benefits (in theory) for fear that AB and ZB would be deported once it was discovered by the state gov. According to former classmates she was given lunches by them - they would pack extra lunches for her. And since there are progrmas to assist I wonder why Zahra would not have been on one of them and why the school system did not do more to investigate the OBVIOUS neglect of this child. It burns me up how many people let her down - it's simply devastating.

Sorry I was unclear, I was responding to your deportation comment and then jumped off from there as to otehr explainations for Zahra not having a lunch (ie. not taht they couldn't afford but that it was yet another sign of neglect/abuse of EB).

Wasn't my intention to suggest you said something other than what you did. Just continued speculating on a thought you helped prompt.

I agree with that. Even if EB hadn't been such a physical and emotional threat to his child, it was a huge mistake. He took a disabled cancer survivor away from Australia where she had an entitlement to excellent mostly-free medical care and generous payments to her guardian for her general expenses as a child (family tax payment) and her care as a disabled child (carer allowance) and took her to a country where financing her medical care was far more uncertain and those cash payments from the Australian government were going to stop or reduce eventually because the payments aren't portable forever. Also, with that level of disability in Australia she would probably be entitled to an income support payment (disability support pension) in her own right when she turned 16, and extra payments if she studied (pensioner education supplement) or needed help using public transport (mobility allowance).

Absolutely awful thing to do. He should have left her with family here.

He was enchanted by the "gothic fairy". Poor man.
/sarcasm

teh's pondering here. Let's say EB did run over AB. Let's say he was afraid of her, not sure I believe this...but. So everyone knows EB is the "monster' and did something to Zahra, but she talked AB into helping her cover the deed. Do any of us think the "rest of the bunch" would help AB out knowing this after the fact?

We gotta quit giving parents a pass. If this chit was going on in your house, it was your responsibility to know about it. I still think he did know, but if it comes out that he didn't, then I'm sorry, the "I wuz at work" crap is no excuse. There are plenty of Dads who work long hard hours, and still they know what's going on in their house.

I completely agree teh!! AB cannot get a pass claiming he didn't know because of work hours or any other reason. He was her father-THAT was his JOB!! When EB showed up in OZ it was obvious she wasn't "26"-that should have been his first red flag!! If he is ignorant to how his daughter was being treated by EB then he was being WILLFULLY IGNORANT!!:furious:

teh's pondering here. Let's say EB did run over AB. Let's say he was afraid of her, not sure I believe this...but. So everyone knows EB is the "monster' and did something to Zahra, but she talked AB into helping her cover the deed. Do any of us think the "rest of the bunch" would help AB out knowing this after the fact?

depends if AB had anything over on any of them?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal