DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ big4dropout & CateH -- Thanks :smile:

I don't say this often, but OH.EM.GEE.

Yes, great work pulling all that.

I just can't even wrap my brain around her having that long of a rap sheet and that many aliases.

Yeah, she's a real piece of work.

looking for a car in lake hickory would not be easy. and the area's in all directions from hickory have substantial forest and secluded areas.

it may take a very long time for law enforcement to find this child.

i have lurked on this board over the years, but finally joined and this is my first post

Yes, I think so.

I still doubt they saw someone playing with a lighter though. JMO.

I agree.

No worries.

I see you are local!

O/T, but I'm glad they got into a bigger shop. I'm a die-hard Krispy Kreme girl but I love dinner at Bistro. Their Thai chicken pizza is to die for.

I ate there once awhile ago. I live over by Jaycee park and am on 127 ALL the time but I always forget about them. Now that they have a bigger location I will definitely give them another try.

I don't like to think anyone has embellished to the police, but unfortunately a lot of people are coming out of the woodwork with really random info and a few of them have seemed to just be after their 5 minutes of fame (not necessarily the doughnut shop worker, just in general). Perhaps I'm being too cynical. The idea of someone being outside lighting a (cig? pipe? something?) makes sense, though.

looking for a car in lake hickory would not be easy. and the area's in all directions from hickory have substantial forest and secluded areas.

i have lurked on this board over the years, but finally joined and this is my first post

Welcome to WS, stormsailor.

Thank You for joining us! Welcome.

I think that's it..they're looking into medical neglect I bet.

Does anyone know if the parents or family had fundraisers for Zahra?

I wonder if LE has found a doctor Zahra went to in NC? I think not!

Something just does not seem right!

Would her Cancer treatmentr records be in australia?

Im sure she woukld have to be treated here and have regular checkups right?

I HATE to write this, but here goes - There are a lot of scrap metal places around here. There is one just up the road from my house. I beleive they crush cars pretty quickly after receiving them. EB could have received $300 - $400 for scrapping the car.

IF the car was sold for scrap and IF Zahra was in the car... I can not finish this thought.

How sad! the woodchipper was worse tho!

Wouldnt the scrap metal places have to have records of all cars they took in?

it would be a good place to look!

Police getting medical records of missing North Carolina girl
October 19, 2010 -- Updated 0727 GMT

(CNN) -- North Carolina authorities have been in contact with Zahra Baker's biological mother in Australia and have asked for the medical records of the missing 10-year-old girl.

"We're in the process of getting medical information from Australia and we're in the process of getting medical records here," said Clyde Deal, the deputy police chief of Hickory, North Carolina, on Monday.

Officials did not specify what kind of medical records they were seeking. But often, investigators ask for access to dental records for help with identification of bodies.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/1...n=Feed:+rss/cnn_topstories+(RSS:+Top+Stories)

This does not sound good if they are asking the biological mother for Zahra's medical records.

IMO, seems pretty standard for a missing person and/or potential homicide investigation. If they find a body or any evidence, they want to make sure they have everything handy and it can be tested right away and that the wait for confirmation doesn't give the suspects a chance to flee (see: Scott Peterson). Plus, she's from Australia so I think they were expecting a longer wait for out-of-country records. Just getting their ducks in a row IMO.

Baker, who has been charged with felony obstruction of justice, is scheduled to appear in Catawba County Superior Court on Wednesday morning for a bond hearing. Her attorney, Scott Reilly, has filed paperwork asking the court to reduce her $40,000 bond, which he says she can't afford.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...-teams-continue-search-for.html#ixzz12oycggnu

http://www.courtreference.com/Catawba-County-North-Carolina-Courts.htm
^^^link above is catawba county courts^^^ trying to find the time she will be in court today

Doesn't it seem like this should have started another investigation with children's services? Certainly LE would have coordinated with them, right?

Just saw your post...

“You could hear Zahra screaming and Elisa yelling at her, so we would call the police,” Yount said. “We called DSS (the Caldwell County Department of Social Services) on her too, but they never did anything.”

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...egal-trouble-follow-zahras-parents-ar-462500/

I can't imagine why DSS or LE didn't respond. Sounds as though there were plenty of calls. moo mho

You know, if ever there was a case for coming down hard on criminals, this is it. I mean, it is obvious looking at EB's record that she was a habitual criminal. She did NOT learn from her mistakes (the worthless check writing kept popping up), IMO she should have been locked away forever. Her crimes kept getting worse, and seemingly more violent in nature...and now we have what? A missing ten year old girl...probably in a vehicle that EB ONCE AGAIN failed to register or insure. If she had been locked away once it became apparent she was not a candidate for rehabilitation maybe little Z would still be with us. When will we ever learn?

I don't like to think anyone has embellished to the police, but unfortunately a lot of people are coming out of the woodwork with really random info and a few of them have seemed to just be after their 5 minutes of fame (not necessarily the doughnut shop worker, just in general). Perhaps I'm being too cynical. The idea of someone being outside lighting a (cig? pipe? something?) makes sense, though.

Don't get me wrong...I don't think the Daylight Donut employee is lying. I just think personally it would be very hard to see someone sitting around back at that house. Of course my friends tell me when they see me around town they can wave like crazy and I'm oblivious lol....so while this is my opinion I only come to it based on my actions/reactions.

Welcome, Stormsailor :)

Are you familiar with the Old Mill Pond area and the Falls Ave bridge?

See: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5700390&postcount=51"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 15[/ame]

To see it on a map, put "Quarry Road, Granite Falls, NC" into google maps.

What do you think about the likelihood someone could roll a car into the water there unnoticed?

kcsmom76 chimed in yesterday that she thinks it could wake the family living across the fishing hole.

I have a couple of theories I'm chewing on:

1) IF the car is in water, I'm gravitating toward the area I'm pointing out above. Reason being... EB has at least two previous addresses in that area (on Quarry Rd and on Falls Ave) -- and she shared those addresses with the person I believe to have been the "longest-running man" in her life -- so I think that area would be a comfort zone for her.

2) I think it's possible the Monte Carlo *might* have actually belonged to one of her ex's and she continued to drive it. I can't go into all the details I'm looking at, but I believe that person may have had a lien on the vehicle and it could have been seized by another county agency to offset the lien ('restitution' for a criminal charge). The court (trial) date for the ex's charge with the lien was September 27 (so the timing's about right). Note: this is just a theory based on what I think I'm seeing in some records I'm looking at. I do not know for a fact that there was a lien on the car.. just that there was a lien on *something*.

Thoughts - anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member