NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Article from Townsville Newspaper in Australia -

Zahra was essentially raised from toddlerhood in Giru by her grandmother Karen, who moved to the township in May 2004 from Newcastle with husband Tony.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/10/13/176611_news.html

Article from same newspaper of interview of family friends who knew Zahra during cancer treatments and camp.
Mrs Hay, a teacher's aide at a Mackay school, said she had come to know Zahra well through several cancer charity camps, and was full of admiration for the love, time and effort that Zahra's grandmother Karen Baker had given the little girl, who lost her hearing and her lower left leg to bone cancer when she was five years old.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.a...m_source=twitterfeed-sport&utm_medium=twitter

We have family from OZ so I don't think it's the accent that is getting me. My 40yo brother is HFA/Aspergers and AB is so much like him it's unreal. Right down to the fascination with video gaming. THEY could be brothers.

My brother called 911 after his step -sons attempted suicide.... He was UNRESPONSIVE. I was standing right there and you seriously would have thought he was ordering a pizza. It's a key characteristic to the disorder ... no matter what a complete lack of emotion. They are also extremely naive.

Yes, but people with Aspergers tend to sound emotionless even when they don't feel emotionless while some neurotypical people sound emotionless when they actually feel emotionless, like when they don't give a damn.
This guy managed to squeeze out a few tears when they mentioned his wife being taken to jail. He knows how to show emotion. But like many criminals, they sometimes have a hard time showing what they are supposed to be feeling but don't. They are not always good at faking it. Hence, the unfeeling 911 call.
We see women all the time in these cases who sacrifice their lovely children to their predatory "new man". Sometimes men can do the same thing. I'm wondering, with all due respect, why it's hard for some to accept that possibility in this case. (Not necessarily directed to you Bellyup, cause' I know you are coming from your own experience here).
Maybe it is his accent, or his sad sack look, I don't know. I'd be happy to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and I did for a few moments, until not only friends, but neighbors made references to how EB beat his darling daughter and mistreated her. If they knew it, he knew it.
Also, I watched him closely in one of his interviews. He showed emotion only when the reporter asked him how he felt with his wife being taken to jail and his child missing. Then he cried and spoke of wanting Zahra to be okay. But I think what really upset him was mention of the love of his life being carted off.
The timeline is bogus as well. Come on. He did not check on his child after reading a ransom note. He did not check on his child who was sick with a stomach bug. He did not check on his child after a fire broke out. His little girl who had cancer twice, has a prosthetic leg and hearing aids? I call B.S. If that's the kind of dad he is there's no way she would have survived two bouts of cancer under his care.
Finally, there's the 911 call. That takes the cake. IMO, he's not shy, nor country, nor is he on the autism spectrum. He's just a creep who cared more for his special lady (ick), than his beautiful, wonderful, adorable daughter - who was the most important person in his miserable life.

Can someone fill in these blanks for me please? TIA! Very much!

1. The date and time the 911 call about the fire came in?

2. The date and time the 911 call by AB about Zahra being missing came in?

3. The date and time that LE says it was requested on scene by the fire department:
Time: Call received 5:20 on scene 5:30 (AM correct?)
Date:

I can't puzzle this out. thank you very much.

The 911 call of Adam's was Oct. 9th at 1:58 p.m.

Flights from Sydney to North Carolina start about $2,000 per person for a 2 week turnaround and go up to ~$2,800.00, NOT including a hotel, food, car etc.

With today's economy, who knows if the grandparents even have that kind of money to travel to the USA. We also don't know if they have passports to travel.

I feel fairly certain that between all the benevolent folks here and in Aus (not to mention airlines and other businesses for whom it's great PR to do good deeds) there would be no shortage of donations if she said she needed funds to travel. Like it was said earlier, though, she may be helping them procure information and records in Aus just now.

Yes why is that???? Maybe they have something to hide also!!!!!

Maybe this is why they are seeking medical records!!!!!

I think they're going to back AB to the hilt. They wont be supporting a police investigation if it's against him IMO.

It's been alluded to by friends/relatives on Z's FB page that Adam taking Zahra to the states caused a falling out between him and his mom and they haven't talked since.

I don't know if they have talked since Z's "disappearance".

I would imagine that is would be quite expensive to come here and they may not have the money. Also, they may not have passports.

Personally, I would beg, borrow and steal if I had to but the passport may be a lil issue. :innocent:

They wont need a passport!!!!!

Hi everyone. I've been so interested reading all your great posts.

That is so interesting about the Aspergers Theory with AB.

I was also thinking that perhaps, EB hit Zahra so hard in the abdomen that she caused grave liver damage. It's happened to abused children before. That would cause a great deal of vomiting because the liver is dying. EB would have been aware she caused this great blow, and they probably just watched her die and then EB tried to hide the body. I can't tell what AB knows or doesn't know but I am so angry with him for letting his child be abused and tortured.

I'm sure by now everyone wants to throw something...so I'll give you an easy target.;)
Went out for a bit and missed several pages and am still strapped for time sooooo.....since this was probably already said but I have to say it again.

He called his BOSS before 911!?!?
:banghead:

That is all. Commence throwing.:innocent:

yes please darnudes, updates would be nice, I have hit my limit this last week watching that show more in the week than in the last year! I would surely love a break but still want to hear about and breaking news or bombshells, lol

Flights from Sydney to North Carolina start about $2,000 per person for a 2 week turnaround and go up to ~$2,800.00, NOT including a hotel, food, car etc.

With today's economy, who knows if the grandparents even have that kind of money to travel to the USA. We also don't know if they have passports to travel.
Good evening! :) I don't know what Zahra's family in Australia could do even if they were to come here that LE isn't doing already. In addition the investigation could take a while, so coming here now would seem pointless. MOO

Is anyone familiar enough with visas/passports/green cards to know how AB's pending legal charges would have factored in with him going back to AU or applying to stay here in the states? I know they do background checks, but not sure what the threshold is for denying anyone. I was wondering how EB was able to travel to AU with warrants out for her arrest, too. It seems like at least one of the charges pending was a felony. Has anyone else wondered about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman