NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MY speculation.

Sounds to me that they are looking for the prosthetic leg and where it is found in landfill will time when she might have passed.

I think that is it too....and if her leg was thrown away 2 weeks before she was "kidnapped" then AB is definitely implicated along w/ EB.

Might have something to do with the "inspector" they were asking to come forward. Someone was likely due to be at that house for some reason. If that reason was Zahra...well there you go.

MOO

I share this thought. I think it was some kind of DSS well being check.

I'm worried about extending the time line back again....sounds like they really just don't know if she was seen by those ladies. Well, at the time they thought it was. They might have seen her, just not sure when.

Very true, wonder if any computers were found in the home? Dont remember that on search warrants, but there's a lot I dont remember :innocent:

Thot of something else, what do the dogs hit on? I'm not sure they would hit on electronics. Would they?

I don't know, but maybe SAR dogs could search for the scent of any (or all) the family members in the garbage to help locate "their" garbage? I don't know enough to understand how that works.

I'm guessing the prosthesis is more likely what they are looking for (or perhaps a missing "something" from the home like a baseball bat or bedding, etc.).

I'm worried about extending the time line back again....sounds like they really just don't know if she was seen by those ladies. Well, at the time they thought it was. They might have seen her, just not sure when.

I think this is fair-they want to confirm it or they want it to crumble if it was a mistake. See, unless there was store video, or receipts to back it up...it is hard to make it concrete I would think.

Regarding any online activity the Hickory detective told me they have a team on it. That was last week. I posted a bit ago wondering about phones or computers but after I gathered myself a bit I remember him telling me that. I can only come up with receipts.

If it's true EB received $10k from someone in the UK she'd met online, what was that money for? Is it related to Zahra's disappearance? Could she have been handed over to someone for the cash? If so, a discarded computer or hard drive in the landfill might show the conversations and arrangements made with this other person and lead to a timeline and some answers.

Just tossing it out there...haven't really thought it through yet.

Let's hope that is the case!

Any locals know if there is a trash service, or if folks just take their own garbage there? It could make even more sense if something or things associated with Zahra were in both trunks and carried to the landfill in both cars.

Another thing that struck me was the statement that they have not found Zahra's body. And dont expect to in the landfill. Which implies something intact. They may have found some remains...not a complete set.

:(

they also said in the presser that they were now extending the time out for someone seeing her in the last month vs two weeks.

they also said they got conflicting timelines from other family members but would not say which ones

"Employees at a Hickory furniture store say they remember seeing Zahra Baker and her stepmother in the store 14 days before she was reported missing."

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=13335558

So . . . Why? Are they questioning the furniture store sighting?

And I don't think LE is anywhere near ready to CLEAR AB.

No they aren't and they are also being very tight lipped about what they know and what they are looking for...like they are letting him think he's getting away with it; all the while he's further incriminating/implicating himself.

I don't know, but maybe SAR dogs could search for the scent of any (or all) the family members in the garbage to help locate "their" garbage? I don't know enough to understand how that works.

I'm guessing the prosthesis is more likely what they are looking for (or perhaps a missing "something" from the home like a baseball bat or bedding, etc.).

BBM

Oh I never thought about that ... would they have carried that mattress out with sheets on or would they have removed them and put them in an evidence bag? If I recall it was just the mattress in a large clear bag (no sheet on it).

believe

there should be no reason to dump animal remains along roads or anywhere else. While they can not be taken to the convenience centers in the county, they can be disposed of at the foothills environmental landfill located at 2800 cheraw road, just off abington road between lenoir and collettsville.

landfill officials said remains can be taken to the landfill and buried on site, noting that it is preferred that remains are packaged in some way before they are taken to the landfill.

the landfill is open monday-friday from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. And on saturdays from 8 a.m.-2 p.m.

Eww.... apparently it's open to the public too.

http://www.allbusiness.com/environment-natural-resources/ecology-environmental/13653759-1.html

BBM

Oh I never thought about that ... would they have carried that mattress out with sheets on or would they have removed them and put them in an evidence bag? If I recall it was just the mattress in a bag (no sheet on it).

They also took two bags of other evidence from the home, which may have included sheets, pillowcases, etc.

They also took two bags of other evidence from the home, which may have included sheets, pillowcases, etc.

Don't forget the sheet, two pillows and comforter they took from one of the vehicles.

So do you think AB is talking??

The EB bond increase and presser are such welcome news!

Justice for Zahra!

Thanks, Tehcloser-In the town I grew up in, we all had to transport our own garbage to the landfill and recycling center. In the town I now live in, trash pickup occurs and the service transports the garbage to the landfill.

ETA: the link is about deer carcasses...do they have trash pickup in the town? Are their permits for it? Are there permits for the landfill? Ours was open to the public so to speak, but you had to have a permit on your car.

BBM

Oh I never thought about that ... would they have carried that mattress out with sheets on or would they have removed them and put them in an evidence bag? If I recall it was just the mattress in a bag (no sheet on it).

I think they would have bagged the bedding separately so there would be no chance of its being contaminated. But what if the bedding or some other item (favorite stuffed animal, clothing others knew Zahra to wear, etc.) were obviously missing? Could be so many different things they might be looking for.

They are trying so hard for Zahra, bless their hearts...I know they won't stop til they find what they need to ensure justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cngmac