NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That amount of money can be sent directly to someone via a virtual world environment online. I kid you NOT. Some people pay upwards of $2000 US per month PER SIM--for their Sims (property) and many own 100's of sims... just to give an idea.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Land_Buying_FAQ

And all the transactions are done via the Virtual World platform and can be transferred directly to your PayPal account...

Oh dear lord, I have better ways to spend money than on some virtual crap. I can't believe people buy into this fake world. Sorry not trying to offend anyone here who might play this stuff ... but REALLY?? :waitasec:

After reading about buying land in virtual lands, gibby figgered out how naive she was...

simply had no clue...

This past week a man sent her $10,000. So why can't she bond out with it? She only needs $9,750.

"There was one other interesting development at the hearing this morning. Details were released that Elisa Baker has received more than $10,000 from a man in London, including money received as recently as the past week."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...calls-give-parents-version.html#ixzz12vQeSiEW

So...a whopping $65,000 bond? That's it? Raised from $40,000 to $65,000? That's only $15,000 difference and doesn't seem like much to someone who's just received $10,000.

OK, I have a question for you smart sleuthers!!

How would finding her leg (awww) help with the time line??? :(

Because most likely wherever they FIND the leg it will tell when it was deposited in the landfill. Although you wouldn't think a landfill is organized it is. They have plots that they dump trash in each day. Depending on where the leg might be found they could pinpoint the time the leg would have been deposited in the landfill.

Hope that makes sense.

So...a whopping $65,000 bond? That's it? Raised from $40,000 to $65,000? That's only $15,000 difference and doesn't seem like much to someone who's just received $10,000.

It's 25K but that still doesn't seem like much of a bump.

Wasn'tt he $10k given over time, not in one lump sum?

Her attorney says she cannot raise the bond downpayment (10-15%) and likely the security that has to be issued for the rest of the bond, so she cannot get out. Keep in mind, that the minute she is released she will be picked up by the other county with a 30K bond. For her bad check writing. If I am reading the scenario correctly.

Oh dear lord, I have better ways to spend money than on some virtual crap. I can't believe people buy into this fake world. Sorry not trying to offend anyone here who might play this stuff ... but REALLY?? :waitasec:

There are many real world companies that do business and hold training sessions there. NASA is in Second Life... beautiful SIm they have :) It's NOT all bad. There's many talented 3d artists there, and it can be a great social network. The bad apples have their space too, unfortunately. In the virtual worlds.. money talks... and sometimes... personas FOOL. Just like anywhere online I guess...

Some one has to be accessing her account/accounts?? AB? LE? Her Lawyer??

It's 25K but that still doesn't seem like much of a bump.

Wasn'tt he $10k given over time, not in one lump sum?

Oops....$25,000.....not much considering. Thanks for fixing that mistake Egirl!

If it's true EB received $10k from someone in the UK she'd met online, what was that money for? Is it related to Zahra's disappearance? Could she have been handed over to someone for the cash? If so, a discarded computer or hard drive in the landfill might show the conversations and arrangements made with this other person and lead to a timeline and some answers.

Just tossing it out there...haven't really thought it through yet.

Where was it reported about the $10K? I didn't see that. If it is true, I would definitely wonder about a "sale".

O/T sort of-the dude who gave her the money must be thrilled to find himself in the middle of a homicide investigation.

I'm wondering if it's $10000 altogether, ie spread out over a period of time and not a lump sum.
If it was small amounts progressively, well, I don't see EB as the 'put something away for a rainy day when I might need to bail myself out' type.

As for 2nd life, well, I guess people have a right to spend their money as they wish but it seems almost obscene to me that thousands of dollars can change hands for stuff that doesn't actually exist. JMO.

ETA, as ever too slow as half a dozen others point out it WAS over a period of time in the time it takes me to type and post a response. LOL.

Where was it reported about the $10K? I didn't see that. If it is true, I would definitely wonder about a "sale".

Daughter said to the judge at the hearing today I believe. Was linked in several MSN articles earlier.

Originally Posted by eleni777
Which could mean that they found fragments that are Zahra, thanks to the woodchipper, and would explain why they aren't looking for her body. It could also mean that they want to nail down the timeline so they have proof that AB was involved.

This sounds pretty solid

They have ruled out the hits on the woodchipper:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5690772#post5690772"]NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 10 - Page 23 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Yes this one, thanks shefner

There was one other interesting development at the hearing this morning. Details were released that Elisa Baker has received more than $10,000 from a man in London, including money received as recently as the past week. The man was referred to as "Carlisle Fullman" during today's bond hearing.

It's unclear what relationship, if any, the two have

This second life stuff is totally foreign to me. My teenagers played SIMS for a long time and eventually got tired of it. It was something else to take care of in my opinion....you had to feed them, clothe them, and doctor them. I have all of that I can handle with live people! LOL

LOL The game SIMS itself, is nothing like these virtual worlds I'm speaking of, thank goodness!! SIMS is completely innocent and not as advanced by a long shot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
username_not_found