NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't understand this Father As some of you know from the Caylee forum My niece lost a 4 day old baby he died in the hospital. She got pg again, and had a little girl less than 2 years later. She died of SIDS at 4 mos old. She would give anything, to be given, second and third chances to hold and love her babies. Zahra survived Cancer twice, AB was given a very special gift, and he threw it away for a women he barely knew that even a rudimentary search on the internet would have told him she was bad news.

Offer step-mom some of whatever she was on for info.. She'll spill then.

Transcript of Adam Baker's 911 Call
Posted: Oct 19, 2010 4:42 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 19, 2010 5:27 PM EDT

DISPATCHER: 911 what is your emergency?

ADAM BAKER: Ah.. yeah my daughter is missing.

DISPATCHER: I'm sorry? Your daughter…

ADAM BAKER: My daughter is missing.

DISPATCHER: Your daughter is missing.

DISPATCHER: What is your address?

ADAM BAKER: 21 21st Ave. Northwest.

ADAM BAKER: The police were out here last night. They found a ransom note for my bosses daughter… um… I got up a little while ago… and it appears they took my daughter instead of my bosses daughter.

DISPATCHER: How old is your daughter?

ADAM BAKER: She is 10. She's handicapped.. she has a prosthetic leg… so that…

DISPATCHER: How long has seen been missing?

ADAM BAKER: Ummm. We checked in there last night about 2:30 and she was there... and all this happened last night around 5 ...so I don't know if they set a fire in the yard to distract us to go out and then they snuck in the door... or.. I don't know.

DISPATCHER: I am not familiar with what happened last night... what happened last night?

ADAM BAKER: OK. Last night...we woke up.. my dog woke me up and I had a fire in the back yard and somebody had poured gas in my company vehicle I drive to work. They left a ransom note on my company vehicle to my boss saying they had his daughter and his son was next.

ADAM BAKER: And his daughter is fine. His daughter came with him last night when I called him. And uh, It appears they may have taken my daughter instead of his daughter.

DISPATCHER: OK, Do you know who this was?

ADAM BAKER: I don't know who... No... no ma'am..

DISPATCHER: Do you know any idea why they were threatening to take his daughter?

ADAM BAKER: I don't know.

DISPATCHER: What is your name?

ADAM BAKER: My name is Adam Baker.

DISPATCHER: Phone number?

ADAM BAKER: 962-xxxx

DISPATCHER: OK, so.. No one has seen your daughter since 2:30 this morning...? [It is now after 2 pm that day]

ADAM BAKER: No.. like I said we, uh, had all that drama last night and we... me and my wife went back to bed. And my daughter is I think's coming into puberty.. cause she is hitting that brooding stage (laughter) so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something. And that's about it.

DISPATCHER: And you say she is handicapped..?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am.. she has an above the knee amputation.

DISPATCHER: OK, she has one leg and it is partially amputated?

ADAM BAKER: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg that they apparently have taken with them.

DISPATCHER: So... Prosthetic leg was taken with her?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am..

DISPATCHER: OK. And you don't have any idea at all...

ADAM BAKER: Like I said it was it was all addressed to him and it was all taken out on him and.. I guess.. they thought he lived in this house...

DISPATCHER: OK.. ok.. did you talk to your boss about it?

ADAM BAKER: Um... I have just spoken to him and he umm told me to do... and he's going to be here shortly....

DISPATCHER: OK.. do you think that he knows?

ADAM BAKER: Umm.. we had an officer out here last night and he ran through who he thought it may have been like an ex-employee or something..

DISPATCHER: OK and you said 21 25th Ave. Northwest?

ADAM BAKER: 21 21st Ave.

DISPATCHER: OK.. 21 21st ave.

DISPATCHER: OK.. Hold on just a sec.

ADAM BAKER: OK. Thank you

[Silence...]

DISPATCHER: OK... I see it now. I wasn't finding the call.. OK.

ADAM BAKER: It was officer .. [unintelligible]

DISPATCHER: Ok, we are getting the police out there.. if you find out anything at all in the meantime before we get the officer out there call me back and it would help us as far as finding your daughter.

ADAM BAKER: Ok. Thank you ma'am

disconnect
http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=13351620

I wonder, by this time did AB know it was EB who wrote that ransom note?

Seems he's setting up the stage for Zahra being taken by mistaken identity!

He's also giving excuses as to why he hadn't seen Zahra, brooding, going through puberty, doesn't come out of her room unless she wants something...JMHO

Where is Zahra??

Well as I said it could have also been pure laziness/neglect. We know they were both drug addicts so its similar to being an alcoholic. All they care about is there next fix and family tend to become less important as the addiction gets worse.

I just want to point out that many people have said AB did not use drugs.

nm sorry thought it was a statement analysis was sent link by dh

I was thinking about this also today. I imagine she would not want to stay with EB's family so figure in, travel, lodging and meals for what could turn out to be a lengthy stay.....it could get extremely pricey.

I bet there are lots of people in Hickory that would be willing to provide accommodations for her. Probably even nearby hotels and restaurants. You know that's how we roll in NC. :D

hey keeps saying, "like I said"... interesting

Yea it's like the 911 dispatcher is getting off script and he is trying to redirect them back to what he wants to say, not what they want to know.

It's also like he is trying to make excuses for what happened in the 911 call, rather than just getting help asap.

Transcript of Adam Baker's 911 Call
Posted: Oct 19, 2010 4:42 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 19, 2010 5:27 PM EDT

DISPATCHER: 911 what is your emergency?

ADAM BAKER: Ah.. yeah my daughter is missing.

DISPATCHER: I'm sorry? Your daughter…

ADAM BAKER: My daughter is missing.

DISPATCHER: Your daughter is missing.

DISPATCHER: What is your address?

ADAM BAKER: 21 21st Ave. Northwest.

ADAM BAKER: The police were out here last night. They found a ransom note for my bosses daughter… um… I got up a little while ago… and it appears they took my daughter instead of my bosses daughter.

DISPATCHER: How old is your daughter?

ADAM BAKER: She is 10. She's handicapped.. she has a prosthetic leg… so that…

DISPATCHER: How long has seen been missing?

ADAM BAKER: Ummm. We checked in there last night about 2:30 and she was there... and all this happened last night around 5 ...so I don't know if they set a fire in the yard to distract us to go out and then they snuck in the door... or.. I don't know.

DISPATCHER: I am not familiar with what happened last night... what happened last night?

ADAM BAKER: OK. Last night...we woke up.. my dog woke me up and I had a fire in the back yard and somebody had poured gas in my company vehicle I drive to work. They left a ransom note on my company vehicle to my boss saying they had his daughter and his son was next.

ADAM BAKER: And his daughter is fine. His daughter came with him last night when I called him. And uh, It appears they may have taken my daughter instead of his daughter.

DISPATCHER: OK, Do you know who this was?

ADAM BAKER: I don't know who... No... no ma'am..

DISPATCHER: Do you know any idea why they were threatening to take his daughter?

ADAM BAKER: I don't know.

DISPATCHER: What is your name?

ADAM BAKER: My name is Adam Baker.

DISPATCHER: Phone number?

ADAM BAKER: 962-xxxx

DISPATCHER: OK, so.. No one has seen your daughter since 2:30 this morning...? [It is now after 2 pm that day]

ADAM BAKER: No.. like I said we, uh, had all that drama last night and we... me and my wife went back to bed. And my daughter is I think's coming into puberty.. cause she is hitting that brooding stage (laughter) so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something. And that's about it.

DISPATCHER: And you say she is handicapped..?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am.. she has an above the knee amputation.

DISPATCHER: OK, she has one leg and it is partially amputated?

ADAM BAKER: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg that they apparently have taken with them.

DISPATCHER: So... Prosthetic leg was taken with her?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am..

DISPATCHER: OK. And you don't have any idea at all...

ADAM BAKER: Like I said it was it was all addressed to him and it was all taken out on him and.. I guess.. they thought he lived in this house...

DISPATCHER: OK.. ok.. did you talk to your boss about it?

ADAM BAKER: Um... I have just spoken to him and he umm told me to do... and he's going to be here shortly....

DISPATCHER: OK.. do you think that he knows?

ADAM BAKER: Umm.. we had an officer out here last night and he ran through who he thought it may have been like an ex-employee or something..

DISPATCHER: OK and you said 21 25th Ave. Northwest?

ADAM BAKER: 21 21st Ave.

DISPATCHER: OK.. 21 21st ave.

DISPATCHER: OK.. Hold on just a sec.

ADAM BAKER: OK. Thank you

[Silence...]

DISPATCHER: OK... I see it now. I wasn't finding the call.. OK.

ADAM BAKER: It was officer .. [unintelligible]

DISPATCHER: Ok, we are getting the police out there.. if you find out anything at all in the meantime before we get the officer out there call me back and it would help us as far as finding your daughter.

ADAM BAKER: Ok. Thank you ma'am

disconnect
http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=13351620

I wonder, by this time did AB know it was EB who wrote that ransom note?

Seems he's setting up the stage for Zahra being taken by mistaken identity!

He's also giving excuses as to why he hadn't seen Zahra, brooding, going through puberty, doesn't come out of her room unless she wants something...JMHO

Where is Zahra??

:puke:

How fake! Sounds like a sociopathic liar. This man is scum.

Getting a passport in the US for a minor needs both parent signatures - I wonder how Zahra got hers? hmmmmmm?? :waitasec:

unless they've changed it since december 05 (not impossible) that's not true. I was the only applicant for my older son's.

in fact although his father was quite happy for us to move from the US to the UK I was personally stunned that no one batted an eye at any point in time. I wasnt questioned at any time as to where Dad was or what he thought.

I thought so too, but I'm still curious as to whether anything else leads them to believe that besides the furniture store sighting.

A thought just occurred to me. We didn't hear a description of the "two women" who were seen with Zahra at the furniture store. Could it be that neither of them was EB?? Could it be that they are people who had her (sold to, handed off too, abducted, ran away to, staying with, whatever)?

:puke:

How fake! Sounds like a sociopathic liar. This man is scum.

ITA with you, this call was so rehearsed. How could someone be so calm when their child is missing. Her being handicapped makes it even worse because you would know that if the kidnapper took her leg and hearing aids she would not be able to hear or run away from the kidnapper which to me would make it even more upsetting if it were my child missing. IMHO he knows exactly what happened and if he was not involved in the murder then he is involved in the coverup.

A thought just occurred to me. We didn't hear a description of the "two women" who were seen with Zahra at the furniture store. Could it be that neither of them was EB?? Could it be that they are people who had her (sold to, handed off too, abducted, ran away to, staying with, whatever)?

If that were the case, precious Zahra would need her hearing aids...seems those were found...JMHO

LE deemed this a homicide, cadaver dogs had hit on the woodchipper and both vehicles of EB/AB....I just pray for Zahra...she suffered so much in her short life....JMHO

Where is Zahra???

The second woman at the furniture store is driving me crazy too. The store employee was very specific in that one article about there being another woman there with them. She even claimed to have gone up to BOTH of them looking at a love seat and asking them if they needed any help to which they replied that they were just looking.

In all other articles and on her NG appearance, nothing has been mentioned about this second woman.

The store employee also mentioned that she noticed that Zahra had hearing aids and a prosthetic leg.

So she was wearing the hearing aids that day if this siting is genuine.

MOO

Good morning :)

It seems like a lot of people hit the hay early last night because I have only missed two pages and I'm just about caught up. phew!

Do we know what time EB is due in court this morning?

I posted these in the timeline/media thread too but wanted to bring them over here as well...
911 tapes: Dad had theory on Zahra Baker's abduction

Hickory police on Tuesday released recordings of two emergency calls made from Zahra Baker’s home the day the 10-year-old girl was reported missing.
The calls shed new light on what Zahra’s parents claim happened Oct. 9, and how an early-morning fire and a phony ransom note might have been linked to her disappearance.

More...

Records show Zahra fund spokesman had 2006 felony but nothing since
The Christian Counseling Network’s spokesman for Zahra Baker Fund, Rev. Brandon Greeson, 27, was indicted on Jan. 7, 2008 for obtaining property by false pretenses and identity theft.
Greeson pleaded guilty to obtaining property by false pretenses as a part of a plea deal that included a dismissal of the identity theft charges.
The charges stem from Greeson’s use of a woman’s name and credit card number without authorization to buy $54.44 in food from Jason’s Deli on U.S. 70 over a nine-day span in October 2006. The crime is a Class H felony.
Greeson had no previous criminal record and was sentenced to three years of probation.
Though he pleaded guilty to a felony, Greeson maintains his innocence.

More...

911 calls released
The 911 calls made by Elisa and Adam Baker the morning that Zahra disappeared were released by Hickory Police on Tuesday.
Elisa Baker called 911 on Saturday, Oct. 9, at about 5:20 a.m. to report a fire in the backyard of the home she shares with her husband, Adam Baker, on 21st Avenue, NW, in Hickory.

More...

Nightline Video: Where is Zahra Baker?
Related videos included...

Nancy Grace Transcripts 10/19/2010

If bio-mum was really looking for Zahra the past five years, it would have to have been on her own. Why? Because as some of us Aussies have said before, the amount of personal information available to anyone via the net in the US just isn't available here. However, if she'd been serious, she could have had AB/Zahra tracked through the social security system - they will do that (and especially for the bio-mum!). And as Zahra had such extensive medical care, she would have be found for sure.

As for KB - if she's been cut off from AB/Zahra since they went to the US against her wishes, how can she really know what's going on there? I know she can get some details from the police and EB's family, but she's not there.

The Facebook slagging off is so sad. Just when everyone needs to be cooperating to find Zahra and support each other, they're more interested in a catfight. :(

Zahra was in the news in Oz at the age of five. A google search of her name would likely have brought up her story and her location. The mother has not been looking for her IMO. I still believe that this mother was quite young at the time of Zahra's birth. Since AB was about 22 there could be a back story there. I don't think any of it has anything to do with Zahra's disappearance and it is a shame that it's being hashed out on a page for Zahra.

Someone mentioned that Zahra had a donated laptop computer. It's unlikely that she brought it with her, or much of anything really. That makes me think of just another way that this poor child was cut off from everyone and everything. No matter what kind of "falling out" AB and his mother had, he should have made sure that Zahra could stay in contact with her grandparents, friends and other relatives in Australia, either by e-mail, FB or whatever. She was almost 11 years old...how could she not have wanted to access the computer, even to stay in contact with her school friends that she had to keep leaving behind on every move. We know they had a computer, I believe it was removed from the home during one of the warrants. EB herself had some contact with AB's brother on her myspace at one point. How did AB let this woman completely isolate both of them so effectively? Even now, AB is relying on HER EX for help. Can this man think for himself at all?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member