NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Leg? I wonder if they had a tip? With all the stuff about the serial number and the like yesterday, I bet it's the leg. GOOD MORNING YALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Forum this is my first post.

RE: 911 call, I think AB was trying to draw a picture for the caller in regards to the events to give her a fast 5 second run down on the night before as he maybe assumed that LE would have a case number or record of the recent events. To AB his 911 call may have seemed like a follow up call and he was comfortable speaking with them as the fire and the ransom note could have made the address known to LE in his opinion.. maybe.

So the lack of reference to his daughter or mentioning her name may have been to simplify the detail to alert that it was not his bosses daughter but his own.

That's pretty strange though considering EB owned up to writing the letter. The words from the ransom note i.e. "now who is in control" makes me think a couple of things.

Control: the boss may pressure AB into working long hours and all day etc to ensure he has a roof over his head? just a thought as though this family had a boss and landlord in control.

The reference, we have your daughter..maybe that was really aimed at AB but if AB was with the boss all the time the mixed message of now who is in control could come from the boss always helping AB, he may have been the listener for AB's stories of disputes with EB or her family or friends.

It seems that EB was fighting with lots of people therefore probably not short of having few enemies but AB may have made some enemies too.

If AB has allegedly tried to run someone off the road could that person have a parent or sibling or friend that may have taken revenge on AB's daughter? This would still not explain why EB wrote the note unless she knew who would stick up for the person AB frightened. Maybe AB was asked to stay out of EB and whoever's family dispute and couldn't help himself but to be involved and then the preverbial hits the fan and Eb rushes out to write a ransom note to steer the attention away from a family fued. Sorry that's about as much as I can think into it right now with a dog barking over the back fence here tonight :)

Also in the 911 call,

The chuckle around the puberty comment, may have been an embarrasment type chuckle as though Z's puberty is probably women's business and probably something Z and EB dealt with more so than AB.

The reference to stomach virus on the news, with AB's first and only child reaching puberty could this stomach virus have been his interpretation of the menstrual cycle? Sorry i'm a guy :).

The reference to the police wanting medical info, This to me seems like they want to know what the prosthetic limb is made of so they know what to search for or how to search for it if special metal detection equipment is used.

I think AB is innocent in this to the extent I seriously doubt he would hurt his own daughter. Eb mentioned that he gave his attention to Z.....

If Z was rarely seen she may have been happy in her room due to a pot smoke filled house, or her room may have been an escape from EB and AB fighting if they were fighting as reported on the news they were probably lucky they weren't subject to drive by shootings...who really knows? however,

It is not unusual for a kid to spend lots of time in their room and I doubt Z would have been able to just jump on a bicycle or go outside and run around with the dog, so she was probably happy staying out of sight.

My kids can sit in their rooms for hours or even all day playing in their own little world imagining they are hairdressers or wrestlers etc I have girl and boy so they are both different in how they spend their alone time.

The neighbors....These neighbors say they have never seen the child. I live in a street with enough houses in it for anyone to assume I must see at least one person a day.

Sometimes it could be 2 or 3 weeks before I notice any one particular neighbor pop their head out of the door. Some wait until everyone goes inside before they venture outside like you hear one door close and another one opens. I wouldn't regard the neighbors info as credible at all.

The fire... who could have lit it and why? Well if EB knew who was going to come for Z then she would have had a hand in the fire but the reports of them fighting makes me think I need to read into it a bit more before really commenting, AB may have been asleep and EB may have been out and about with Z on her mission which lead to a fire in the back yard in the early hours.

Not trying to defend AB but the event's with the family fighting and AB becoming involved in EB's family fued makes me think his not so cool head when driving may have cost Z her life indirectly as a result.

:Welcome-12-june:

Welcome netsleuther. Thanks for your thoughts on that 911 call and the case in general. I am still on the fence regarding the father's involvement in this and you make some good points.

I have to stop this lurking and get some work done but I cannot tear myself away. Okay, really leaving now, but will be back for presser and to hear about bail reduction hrg.

Wow, it seems as if they are going to have lots of garbage to dig through since so much time has passed. I hope and pray they find what they are looking for. I also look forward to the media briefing this afternoon as hopefully we will have a few more answers as to where Zahra might be. Bless her little heart. She has suffered so much through her young life and certainly didn't deserve this.

The Leg? I wonder if they had a tip? With all the stuff about the serial number and the like yesterday, I bet it's the leg. GOOD MORNING YALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning teh. I'm leaning towards the leg as well. Perhaps that's why they have to get the medical records too. They have to make sure that EB or AB can't say that it's an old one if they find it. :(

Patty G did you tape NG last night? Did you (or anyone else) notice that on the bottom of the screen it said (I have a DVR so this is word for word as I am looking at it right now) ...

I did record it and spotted the wording on the screen about the breaking news. Unfortunately when I record, I don't always capture the entire banner. The banner was changed often throughout the show and with the "breaking news" about a smell from a manhole, clearly wasn't even a topic on the show.

IMO, this banner was a condensed version of previous info of people spotting the Bakers in the old neighborhood as well as a person claiming she smelt an awful smell; perhaps it was a scent coming from a manhole. No big surprise of smells coming from a manhole.

Baker is also scheduled to have a second court appearance later Wednesday in Burke County, where she faces larceny charges unrelated to Zahra's case.
Meanwhile, investigators with several different agencies began searching Foothills Environmental Landfill on Cheraw Road in Lenoir Wednesday morning.
According to a news release from the Hickory Police Department, investigators were looking for a "piece of evidence" at the landfill. Investigators did not elaborate on what that evidence might be.
The Caldwell County Sheriff's Office has scheduled a formal media briefing at 1 p.m.
WCNC.com will have more information when new details are released.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Zahras-stepmother-due-in-court-105344013.html

Good morning :)

Looks like this will be a good day for additional information about many things!

OT: Why is Nancy Grace even given airtime anymore? Too much muckracking.. not enough reporting of facts. MHO

911 call, AB talking about 'puberty' and chuckling..........made me sick!!!
This little one was probably delayed in puberty because of all her chemo treatments!
Now she will be forever 10 and not in puberty!!!!

Here's what I've never understood about landfill searches. If cadaver dogs are so good at discoving bodies at disaster sites, even bodies buried by mountains of debris and concrete, why can't they just let them roam free at a landfill site and see it they have any hits? Or do they? :waitasec:

Here's what I've never understood about landfill searches. If cadaver dogs are so good at discoving bodies at disaster sites, even bodies buried by mountains of debris and concrete, why can't they just let them roam free at a landfill site and see it they have any hits? Or do they? :waitasec:

I'm thinking they must have had some hits or someone gave a really reliable tip for such a big evidence recovery team being assembled there.

after the sommer thompson case... I learned that if LE has a good idea what dumpster may have held what they are looking for they will know what area of the landfill to search.

I bet they have some idea of what dumpster/dumpsters and coordinating landfill areas to search. MOO ((they may also have had dog hits or tips called in on those respective dumpsters))

A team from Hickory Police Department, along with agents from the State Bureau of Investigation, evidence recovery team members and agents from the FBI and U.S. Marshal Service are searching the Foothills Environmental Landfill in Caldwell County.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25451534/detail.html

Caldwell County is a neighboring county to where AB and EB lived.
They were in Catawba County. The report by neighbors that they were back in the middle of the night, was that in Caldwell?
I wonder if LE has already found something to tie into this case, and looking for more?
Can't wait until the presser at 1:00.
I hope today's the day that we find what happened to Zahra.

If that were the case, precious Zahra would need her hearing aids...seems those were found...JMHO

LE deemed this a homicide, cadaver dogs had hit on the woodchipper and both vehicles of EB/AB....I just pray for Zahra...she suffered so much in her short life....JMHO

Where is Zahra???

You're right--the furniture store people did say she was wearing a hearing aid. Since the reports have said that her hearing aid is not missing, if these women were her abductors/accomplices, then either she would have to have more than one, or perhaps they took it away from her later.

HOWEVER, if they weren't abductors/accomplices, and we assume one of the women was EB, who was the *second* woman? According to previous reports by LE, they could not find any witnesses who had seen Zahra within THE PAST MONTH, other than her immediate family. So whoever this woman is, she must not have been interviewed by LE. Can they identify her from the surveillance video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj