NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will go back and read the thread as there are clear developments, but I need to link and comment on something that has likely already been discussed:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101019/ap_on_re_us/us_missing_girl_north_carolina

"We had all that drama last night and me and my wife went back to bed," he said. "My daughter is, I think, coming into puberty and she's hitting that broody stage. We only see her, she only comes up, when she wants something."

He did not say that. Tell me he did not say that. Like that is a reasonable explanation for not checking on his daughter, who was likely "missing" two weeks at this point.

:(

Good morning websleuthers. Lets hope today is Zahra's day. (Please God...)

Oh I hope LE is onto something here, I just don't think I can take another case that sits quiet for months and or years with children involved, it is so hard on the heart.

Prayers for Zahra..............

Thank you nurse-my guess it that they think they can find her prosthesis, if not her remains. :furious:

Cadaver dogs will be able to scent human remains apart from animal, IIRC, so no fear that any other decomp will mask it. I have spoken with a SAR group that has dogs who can scent human decomp through raw sewage.

ETA: I wonder if they were in town long enough to know that the landfill was open to the public?

If you are doing any kind of chuckling while making a 911 call about your 10-year old missing from their bed/house, then SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Also, I am SO GLAD to hear authorities are looking at Zahra's medical records from both the US and AU.

Landfill search, eh? Talk about finding a needle in a million haystacks. We'll see I guess...

Some info about dogs and landfills.
Again, I will repeat, if HRD dogs are trained properly, they will NOT hit on pads, tampons, bandaids, human waste and the like. There are dogs out there that are trained using these things unfortunately and this is just another reason why this training method is such a bad idea, it makes them worthless in many situations.
Landfills are VERY dangerous places to search for both K9s and people. Not only are there sharp objects like metal, but you also have to deal with needles, human waste and naturally occurring gases which all can be extremely dangerous. There are a lot of dog handlers who will not work in a landfill and I do not blame them at all (in fact I fully support that decision, it's just too dangerous IMO).

If you are doing any kind of chuckling while making a 911 call about your 10-year old missing from their bed/house, then SOMETHING IS WRONG. Also, I am SO GLAD to hear authorities are looking at Zahra's medical records from both the US and AU.

Landfill search, eh? Talk about finding a needle in a million haystacks. We'll see I guess...

BBM-ITA
Especially if you believe that she has not wandered off but mistakenly taken by fire setting ransom demanding kidnappers!!:furious:

Some info about dogs and landfills.
Again, I will repeat, if HRD dogs are trained properly, they will NOT hit on pads, tampons, bandaids, human waste and the like. There are dogs out there that are trained using these things unfortunately and this is just another reason why this training method is such a bad idea, it makes them worthless in many situations.
Landfills are VERY dangerous places to search for both K9s and people. Not only are there sharp objects like metal, but you also have to deal with needles, human waste and naturally occurring gases which all can be extremely dangerous. There are a lot of dog handlers who will not work in a landfill and I do not blame them at all (in fact I fully support that decision, it's just too dangerous IMO).

Yeah I can't stand to smell my own garbage can outside when I open it. I can't imagine being at a landfill with a million other peoples trash. Those poor dogs.

I will go back and read the thread as there are clear developments, but I need to link and comment on something that has likely already been discussed:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101019/ap_on_re_us/us_missing_girl_north_carolina

"We had all that drama last night and me and my wife went back to bed," he said. "My daughter is, I think, coming into puberty and she's hitting that broody stage. We only see her, she only comes up, when she wants something."

He did not say that. Tell me he did not say that. Like that is a reasonable explanation for not checking on his daughter, who was likely "missing" two weeks at this point.

:(
odd words 'comes UP like in basement???
not comes out of her room?????

I've been guessing/hoping that this case would be wrapped up by Halloween. I sure hope the landfill search speeds the process along.

Justice for Zahra---for once.

I am wondering if EB has had any visitors in the past 24 hours...or if some information was gleaned from her previous visitors. I believe a daughter and son in law and AB. Can't remember who posted originally and I am headed to work.

Well it was about a week ago when they were checking out the Restaurant dumpster.

Maybe there was a hit on that dumpster?

Glad to see you are still lurking tlcox. I have work to do too but can't tear myself away from this screen.

We discussed this a day or so ago(?)

Consent is required by both the natural parents named on the birth certificate, however there are exceptions, such as an Australian court order allowing a child to travel internationally or where parental responsibility (those named on birth certificate) has been removed by an Australian Court order. As well as the natural parents, a person may have parental responsibility through Australian court orders covering residence, contact, access rights, guardianship, custody, or other specific issues relating to the child.

If you don't have consent you must make a written request for special circumstances and an Approved Senior Officer, an officer delegated by the Minister for Foreign Affairs, will consider the statement in support of the request to determine if a passport may be issued without the other person's consent.

In such cases, the passport application must be accompanied by:

* a statement made on Form B8 or B9 in which you state why the necessary consent has not and cannot be obtained, and explain the special circumstances relevant to the application, and
* the child's full birth certificate, and
* the originals of all court orders affecting parental responsibility for the child.

https://www.passports.gov.au/web/Newppt/Consent.aspx

It's very hard to imagine EB and AB going through this procedure...just saying?

odd words 'comes UP like in basement???
not comes out of her room?????

This has been transcribed two ways.

Some listeners hear AB say UP some here him say OUT when discussing Zahra and her room in the 911 tapes.

I think it is a matter of oppininon what word he is actually saying. His manner of speech makes it that much more difficult to determine what he is saying IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest