NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very dangerous for dogs in landfills.
Lots of glass, steel and tin.
IIRC they have to wear special booties etc.
Dogs are brought in allot, though.

911 Tapes Reveal Stepmother Reported a Fire the Day Zahra Baker Disappeared
Police Now Suspect the Backyard Fire Was Set Deliberately

By SARAH NETTER and LAUREN EFFRON
Oct. 19, 2010

The Hickory. N.C., police department today released the tapes of the two 911 calls that Adam and Elisa Baker made, around the time their 10-year-old daughter, Zahra Baker, was reported missing.

WSOC-TV in Charlotte obtained the tape of the first call. On Oct. 9, the day Zahra disappeared, her stepmother, Elisa Baker, reported a fire in the back of the family's home in Hickory.

"My husband works for a tree maintenance company and our backyard is on fire. ... We've got big mulch piles and wood piles ... firewood and stuff," Elisa Baker told the 911 operator.

Watch the full story tonight on "Nightline" at 11:35 p.m.

Police told WSOC-TV that they now believe the fire had been set deliberately, but no one has been charged in connection with the incident.

Eight hours later on the morning of Oct. 10, Adam Baker, 33, made a second 911 call to report his daughter was missing, police said.

"Hey, how are you doing? I need police," Baker said to one dispatcher, before he was transferred to a second dispatcher, who took down his information.

On the tape with the second dispatcher, of which ABC News obtained a recording, Baker can be heard describing how the police had been out to his house the night before on a seemingly different case.

Listen to the full recording of Adam Baker's 911 call HERE.

more at the linl:
Video in article
http://abcnews.go.com/US/search-zahra-baker-911-tapes-released/story?id=11916819

A prime suspect in the case, Elisa Baker, 42, is currently being held on an obstruction of justice charge, after police said she admitted to writing the fake ransom note and demanding $1 million in unmarked bills. Her court-appointed attorney said Elisa is "scared to death" and very emotional. Baker continues to deny she had anything to do with Zahra's disappearance.

Adam Baker told the Associated Press on Friday that he is still not sure that his wife was involved in his daughter's disappearance, adding that he just wants to find Zahra and take her back to his family's native Australia.

I truly don't care if EB is scared to death, for she's only scared to death for herself, not Zahra...and those allegations of abuse would only lead one to believe she's done the unthinkable to Zahra...may she never find peace within herself for those allegations...JMHO

AB wants to find Zahra and take her back home to Australia, seems too little, too late. After finding EB on line, they get married, so, I don't know if he truly knows this woman and his saying he doesn't know if EB is involved...JMHO

Where is Zahra???

It is very dangerous for dogs in landfills.
Lots of glass, steel and tin.
IIRC they have to wear special booties etc.
Dogs are brought in allot, though.

Yep. And toxics that people have discarded like old paint stripper, pesticides etc.

Also, if the landfill contained household garbage, the dog would be smelling a lot of decomposing blood people shed in ways that are legal and normal... sanitary napkins, kitchen towels used to stem blood flow after accidents, tissues people have used when emptying cysts at home, old wound dressings etc. A handler would be necessary to check the hits immediately and keep things moving.

ooohhhh I remember now.... she attended school in caldwell county... and I believe the trailer was in caldwell county where they have been searching with dogs

The Baker family lived in Caldwell County before moving to Hickory about six weeks ago.
According to Caldwell County school officials, Zahra attended Hudson Elementary School at the end of her 3rd grade year, in 2009.
She began 4th grade in August 2009 at Granite Falls Elementary School and stayed there until March 9, 2010. At that point, she was pulled from Granite Falls and placed back at Hudson Elementary School. Authorities believe Hudson Elementary is the last school that Zahra attended.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Caldwell-school-officials-tried-to-help-Zahra-Baker-104985934.html

Now they are saying it's a Formal Media Briefing. Is that what they are all called?

ooooo... I'm hoping for some closure for sweet Zahra. May today be the day!

I'm way behind. Anyone have a quick synopsis from Sunday til today?

TIA!

Meanwhile, the residents of a trailer park in Caldwell County where Zahra lived until mid-summer are still hoping the girl will be found alive, but they admit that hope is fading. Search teams combed the woods around the trailer park last Wednesday.

"They need to come back and do some more," said Tabitha Haas.

Haas said Adam and Elisa Baker were spotted in the neighborhood about three weeks ago.

"They came here at night," Haas said.

Peggy Johnson claims a few days later, "the most awful smell was coming up out of the manhole in my yard."

She said authorities lifted the lid and looked inside, but only for a few seconds.

"They's another manhole in the holler that they need to come back and look at," Johnson said.

The place she talked about is hidden in a valley area behind a vacant trailer. It is in the same area where the couple was spotted.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13352965/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-hickory-girl

There should be no reason to dump animal remains along roads or anywhere else. While they can not be taken to the convenience centers in the county, they can be disposed of at the Foothills Environmental Landfill located at 2800 Cheraw Road, just off Abington Road between Lenoir and Collettsville.

Landfill officials said remains can be taken to the landfill and buried on site, noting that it is preferred that remains are packaged in some way before they are taken to the landfill.

The landfill is open Monday-Friday from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8 a.m.-2 p.m.

Eww.... apparently it's open to the public too.

http://www.allbusiness.com/environment-natural-resources/ecology-environmental/13653759-1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj