NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think that this a serious case of neglect and guilt. I think that precious little Zahra had a relapse of her cancer and was sick for a long time and they let her lie in bed and did nothing. They were too caught up on their own lives and probably thought they would get her looked at soon. then weeks passed and they kept putting it off. They then realized that their neglect had caused her death and tried to cover it up thinking they could make a lot of money whilst they were at it.

For anybody jumping into this new, I found this site and timeline immensely helpful. Lots of good links, including to stepmom's now pulled MS page. I'm trying to sort out who all the other kids pictured there belong to and it frightens me to think she ever had any of her own.

I've only been following this one peripherally on the news thus far, as frankly, it flat disturbs me too much to even consider what those "parents" did to that sweet, smiling child. So I dare not immerse myself into this one too much. Except to express wonderment about what appears to be a lot of careful dancing around her father by LE, which I cannot fathom.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/category.asp?c=197806

Doesn't that put the timeline at the last witness to see Zahra (furniture store lady) on 25 SEP?

Now that you mention it, I wonder if that confirmed sighting is the only reason that LE believes Zahra could have been gone as long as 2 weeks or if they have anything else that makes them believe that?

What in the world could have gone so wrong after that day furniture shopping? I haven't heard that anything was purchased..guess that store doesn't take bad checks. :angel:

oh my..

Investigators also doubt the family's claims that they last saw Zahra early in the morning of October 9, nearly 12 hours before they reported her missing. Police now believe Zahra could have been missing two weeks before she was reported missing.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8109324/911-calls-reporting-zahra-missing-released
when i first found out that they had not enrolled her in school, i believed that she had been missing before, long before they reported it. they're trying to cover their butts...poor zahra :(

when i first found out that they had not enrolled her in school, i believed that she had been missing before, long before they reported it. they're trying to cover their butts...poor zahra :(

I thought so too, but I'm still curious as to whether anything else leads them to believe that besides the furniture store sighting.

oh my..

Investigators also doubt the family's claims that they last saw Zahra early in the morning of October 9, nearly 12 hours before they reported her missing. Police now believe Zahra could have been missing two weeks before she was reported missing.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8109324/911-calls-reporting-zahra-missing-released

See I have thought this for awhile. I do not believe she died/went missing the day of the two 911 calls. I think it was much earlier because none of the neighbors had ever seen ZB at this new address. There was talk early on that the bio-mother had located them in NC. Sooo I was thinking that "maybe" she had said somthing to one or both that she was coming to get her so this whole charade began. The thing with the bio mom could be rumor BUT if AB/EB killed ZB weeks ago and then the mom said she was coming to get her then they would have to have some story as to why she's not there. Crazy I know but the whole dang thing is crazy.

Where ever Zahra is, may God bless her. She had a very tough life.

TY TY TY Kat for that transcription of the 911 call. So the report in the article was erroneous. They quoted AB as saying "she only comes UP when she wants something . . "

So he actually said she only comes out. That clears up that question about the oddness of that statement to some of us.

I must agree with this. So many times someone has posted still pics of videos and transcribes things for those of us with dial up and keeping timelines up to date. I for one appriciate this more than I can put in words.THANKS

Well, it's not in an easy-to-follow tree format and pretty much had my head spinning around (thankfully no pea soup for dinner), but this article sure seems to cover a good chunk of family relationships. One news organization that seems to have no barriers to where it will go.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13329351

I honestly think that this a serious case of neglect and guilt. I think that precious little Zahra had a relapse of her cancer and was sick for a long time and they let her lie in bed and did nothing. They were too caught up on their own lives and probably thought they would get her looked at soon. then weeks passed and they kept putting it off. They then realized that their neglect had caused her death and tried to cover it up thinking they could make a lot of money whilst they were at it.

this has been my thoughts since day one, esp since her medical history is so extensive...i just couldnt put it into words :(

I was on the fence about AB but that 911 call has hink all over it.

Well, it's not in an easy-to-follow tree format and pretty much had my head spinning around (thankfully no pea soup for dinner), but this article sure seems to cover a good chunk of family relationships. One news organization that seems to have so barriers to where it will go.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13329351

Ive been following this from the beginning and Im still not sure I have it all straight in my head lol

See I have thought this for awhile. I do not believe she died/went missing the day of the two 911 calls. I think it was much earlier because none of the neighbors had ever seen ZB at this new address. There was talk early on that the bio-mother had located them in NC. Sooo I was thinking that "maybe" she had said somthing to one or both that she was coming to get her so this whole charade began. The thing with the bio mom could be rumor BUT if AB/EB killed ZB weeks ago and then the mom said she was coming to get her then they would have to have some story as to why she's not there. Crazy I know but the whole dang thing is crazy.

Where ever Zahra is, may God bless her. She had a very tough life.

I hadn't heard that re: bio-mom possibly locating them. As you said though, IF that were true, they couldn't run the risk of Zahra telling anyone about the abuse. Have we heard whether or not Zahra had any contact at all with her grandmother since coming here? Poor baby girl..it seems as though she was held virtually a prisoner..no one to tell even if she could get up the nerve. No school, no friends, no immediate family...Honestly, all these cases are heartbreaking, but this one is killing me. A 10 year old girl, alone in "Hell" it seems with absolutely no one to turn to..:(

Snipped:

DISPATCHER: OK, she has one leg and it is partially amputated?

ADAM BAKER: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg that they apparently have taken with them.

DISPATCHER: So... Prosthetic leg was taken with her?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am..

DISPATCHER: OK. And you don't have any idea at all...

ADAM BAKER: Like I said it was it was all addressed to him and it was all taken out on him and.. I guess.. they thought he lived in this house...

DISPATCHER: OK.. ok.. did you talk to your boss about it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note bolded area above. AB is CLEARLY sticking to a script....returning back to the ransom note. She didn't ask about the boss or the ransom note. She is talking about his missing daughter and her prosthetic leg...HE should be frantic with worry...should be giving out the model of her leg, her height, weight, last clothing, etc....
Why in the world would he be speculating about motives when his daughter is missing....when he hasn't even given out other identifiers?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DISPATCHER: OK.. ok.. did you talk to your boss about it?

ADAM BAKER: Um... I have just spoken to him and he umm told me to do... and he's going to be here shortly....

DISPATCHER: OK.. do you think that he knows?

ADAM BAKER: Umm.. we had an officer out here last night and he ran through who he thought it may have been like an ex-employee or something..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BBM
Wait, what?!?!?! Your daughter is missing....you haven't seen her in 12 hours.....YOU SAY that you believe she was kidnapped 12 hours ago....and you think it's a good idea to call your boss BEFORE you call 911???

Does anybody here actually know a 10 yr who doesn't come out of their room unless they want something????? At that age, my kids would be outside playing or would be bored wanting some kind of entertainment - even if was was just "MOM or DAD." LOL

Futhermore, I would not have allowed my children to stay in their room and only come out when they "wanted something."

Poor Zahra didnt go to school with other kids, didnt appear to have a social circle, and had no one to give her the love, affection, attention and guidance any child needs. And obviously no one to protect her - To say the very least!!

Now she is "missing" - possibly kidnapped and Dad talks to 911 with no emotion whats so ever!

Could this be any more obvious?? :banghead:

TY TY TY Kat for that transcription of the 911 call. So the report in the article was erroneous. They quoted AB as saying "she only comes UP when she wants something . . "

So he actually said she only comes out. That clears up that question about the oddness of that statement to some of us.

It was transcribed as "out" by WBTV, but I listened 3 times to the audio and it sure sounds like "up" to me. Might have used that to mean "up for air" but I can't seem to give this guy the benefit of the doubt on much of anything.

this has been my thoughts since day one, esp since her medical history is so extensive...i just couldnt put it into words :(

The witnesses from teh furniture two weeks prior to 911 calls did not say she looked sick did they? I can't image she would die in two weeks from a lack of treatment form cancer that has recently returned. I guess we would need to know when she was last checked on by a doctor.

Most cancer survivors have to go for follow ups over the years to try and catch a recurrence early on. We really need to know if Zahra was ever seen by a medical professional stateside.

Given that LE is requestiong her records from Australia, where she hasn't lived for two years, and they've requested serial number of her last prosthetic from Australia, I fear thatmay be our most recent documentation of Zahra's health.

Which also makes me wonder, she attended public school last year, I wonder if AB and EB had to provide any sort of check up information or immunization records, etc.

Please do not post rumors.

Please keep your posts on topic. If you need to give another poster a personal message, send a PM or email.

Thanks.

Hoppy
mod

This is probably a stupid question....did LE or anyone say what the SM gave as the reason for writing a fake ransom note? Seems like the answer to that would tell us a lot. What possible reason could she have given. If she admitted to writing it wonder if she said why.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member