NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FOUND IT. this is the link about the MH former residence they were search it on wednesday. Now i just need to locate the link about the neighbors saying the Bakers where there recently late at night.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/15/1758012/missing-girl-now-believed-to-be.html

tried to copy the relevant portion of the article but for some reason can't - it is the last two paragraphs

Searchers have repeatedly visited the Hickory home where the Bakers moved in August or September. On Wednesday, they also searched the Bakers' previous address in the Caldwell County town of Hudson.

Police are familiar with the mobile home. They were called for service there more than a dozen times for incidents including family disputes, two break-ins, and a report by Elisa Baker's daughter that accused Baker of using her information to get utilities in her name without her permission.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ng-girl-now-believed-to-be.html#ixzz12wkd2K93

Those were the last two paragraphs

This is just a huge soap opera drama mess!!!! Not you guys, just all of the evidence.... I am trying to become a good sleuther, but this was probably not a good case to begin on! :)

I give huge props to the girl that stated the 10k.... Took a lot of guts to say that in court, maybe that will get the ball rolling for other people.

Reporter Why don't you tell us ,in your own words, what happened? I understand you last saw your daughter
at 2.30am, she was sleeping in her bed?

AB Ah, that's what, time her mother told me she went and checked on her.

Reporter So, you didn't go in and check as well?

AB No, I was asleep.

Reporter So when was the last time you saw Zahra?

AB. Um, it would have been, probably Thursday night, and then I got up early and went to work.

AB: Well, I.. 100%... genuinely, saw my daughter... out of bed? ... would've been Tuesday.
Tuesday?
And normally I come in late and she's in bed so I'll open the door and check on her, um... I think she was there Friday night...I opened the door and it looked like she was in the bed. She's also had a stomach virus, lately. So. When she's sick, I don't want to disturb her after all she's been through.

Now do you mean Thursday or Tuesday or Thursday?

Um...

That you saw her.

I saw her... on Thursday.

I don't trust him one bit. There's too much detail about the reasons why he doesn't see his daughter and he's not sure what time it was. There are all the ums and the hesitations and the inconsistencies, and his inflection sounds really doubting saying he thinks he saw her Friday night. His language gives him a lot of outs because he says things like "probably" and "would have been" and "it looked like", "I normally check on her" "I think I saw her" instead of "I checked on her and saw her on Xday at about 2 am."
And he overdoes it with 100% genuinely etc. which is a red flag about a liar for me.

Other notable quotes from the wsoct video include
"At the moment I'm not 100% sure" when asked what happened to his daughter. Maybe it's just me but this sounds he's got a pretty good idea. He goes on to say the police have told him they can't rule anything out, but he's just a bit short of 100% sure?

After telling what he did Saturday morning:
"and that's.. pretty much... the whole 100% truth of what I completely know so far, everything else is just sort of bits and pieces coming"
WAY too many qualifiers there for me to take it as the complete truth.

(Asked if his wife was in any way involved in his daughter's disappearance)
... until they have completed their investigation I can't honestly say.

If someone tells you they can't tell you honestly it's quite possible that they aren't telling you honestly.

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25405847/index.html

IMO he's lying about the last time he saw his daughter because there is way too much hedging and inconsistencies. He got mixed up and said he saw her on Tuesday. He said that that EB told him that she checked on her Saturday night and in the 911 call he said "We checked on her", including himself. JMO.

NG is covering this tonight. Intro is about the search at the land fill and tying it in with LE requesting Zahra's medical records, and hinting that the leg is probably what they're looking for.

Searchers have repeatedly visited the Hickory home where the Bakers moved in August or September. On Wednesday, they also searched the Bakers' previous address in the Caldwell County town of Hudson.

Police are familiar with the mobile home. They were called for service there more than a dozen times for incidents including family disputes, two break-ins, and a report by Elisa Baker's daughter that accused Baker of using her information to get utilities in her name without her permission.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ng-girl-now-believed-to-be.html#ixzz12wkd2K93

Those were the last two paragraphs

So the search and interviews of neighbors at the mobile home were happening wednesday. Perhaps in one of those interviews with neighbors, one of whom has been reported as saying in media interview,that EB and AB were seen late night "up to something" in the MH park they hadn't lived in for months and that may well be what is driving this landfill search.

Possible, time will tell.

NG montage of clips of presser, audio 911 calls, searching the landfill, piece of evidence, etc.

Netisha: police interested in composite material of and the serial number for ZH's prosthetic leg

Natisha live at the Baker home - recapping on search, medical records from oz, asking for composite material and serial number of Zahra's leg. 3 diff locations of Baker homes (3 of them)- Rubbish comes from 9 diff places to the landfill. NG saying that many criminologists believe they are looking for the leg.

http://www.wtoc.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

Meanwhile, the residents of a trailer park in Caldwell County where Zahra lived until mid-summer are still hoping the girl will be found alive, but they admit that hope is fading. Search teams combed the woods around the trailer park last Wednesday.

"They need to come back and do some more," said Tabitha Haas.

Haas said Adam and Elisa Baker were spotted in the neighborhood about three weeks ago.

"They came here at night," Haas said.

YEP, wednesday.

Showed a pic of Amber at the court looking (to me) scared to death. She looks very different from her photos on myspace etc.

Natisha Lance of NG's show said EB lived in England for a year and half. Did we know that? Makes contact with someone in the UK not so unlikely (although puzzling that he sent her so much money).

NG is covering this tonight. Intro is about the search at the land fill and tying it in with LE requesting Zahra's medical records, and hinting that the leg is probably what they're looking for.

They want the serial number of the leg? If they're asking it from Australia does that mean she's still got the same leg she had in Australia?

discussing grid search and layers on NG

OMG! Why can't these people tell what they know? This is horrible, making LE go thru all of this trash! It can literally, make them sick.

This father needs to come clean. What does he know?

fran
:mad:

NG - showing lots of footage of landfill being searched ---NG is asserting that criminologists are saying they are searching for the leg.

NG seems to be pushing this line about the search and Zahra's leg. Not saying I believe her but this is what she is stating.

I apologize for this being way out of sequence. I can't post from work, only lurk and think of things I want to say. By the time I get home, another 20 pages have gone by. :crazy:

Regarding the 911 call <snip>

DISPATCHER: And you say she is handicapped..?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am.. she has an above the knee amputation.

DISPATCHER: OK, she has one leg and it is partially amputated?

ADAM BAKER: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg that they apparently have taken with them.

DISPATCHER: So... Prosthetic leg was taken with her?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am..

Ok you had a suspicious fire and found a ransom note for a kidnapping. You discover your child is missing (whenever). The fact that your child is handicapped and has an artificial leg, which, by the way was taken, would not even come up during that call IMO.

A more believable scenario:

AB: My daughter is missing! Please help! (no extraneous info)

Police get to the house.

Police: Describe your daughter

AB: Well she's 10 years old. Weighs about 55 lbs. OH YEA! She has a prosthetic leg.

Police: Is the prosthetic leg here?

AB: Hmm I don't know, I'll have to check...

In other words, too much detail and too much info on the 911 call for a frantic parent. And after all this time with an amputation and a prosthesis, it wouldn't stand out to the parent. More like an afterthought, "oh yea there's a birthmark on her shoulder" kind of thing, during police interview.

Hope that made sense. :D

OMG! Why can't these people tell what they know? This is horrible, making LE go thru all of this trash! It can literally, make them sick.

This father needs to come clean. What does he know?

fran
:mad:

Pure-T selfishness. Reminds me of the Hacking case, when LE and dogs had to dig through a landfill. So dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz