NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NG is a big one for making leaps. We do that here but we tend to be more restrospect when discussing our theories and name them as that - theories.

Just curious, how many prosthetic legs do they think they're going to come across? (If that's what they're looking for at all, which I am NOT convinced is the case.)

Landfill - it's going to be just like finding a needle in a haystack. So much garbage. I think what they're looking for would stand out enough if still in one piece. I so appreciate the efforts to find Zahra.

I think it is a reasonable assumption they are indeed looking for the leg but until LE says it - its an assumption

PaulBatista, Atty: what an incriminating 911 call; attemptg to deceive even t 911 dispatcher

____, Defense Atty: if were my client, would tell them not to say anything

Lawyers on now - saying they should not speak as they could easily be prosecuted on what they are saying.

Natisha reporting the police are remaining tight lipped - have identified a particular cell they believe the piece of evidence will be.

They want the serial number of the leg? If they're asking it from Australia does that mean she's still got the same leg she had in Australia?
Good evening! That's what I thought also when I first heard about LE's request yesterday. MOO

NG guest (local reporter maybe) claims LE has identified the particular "cel" of garbage that is of interest to them

Just curious, how many prosthetic legs do they think they're going to come across? (If that's what they're looking for at all, which I am NOT convinced is the case.)

You made me laugh a bit! I think maybe they want to be ready to prove it is Zahra's leg so maybe they can get those murder charges filed as soon as they find the leg rather than waiting for the info from Australia to get to them. And perhaps they want to be sure also because they intend on going after AB as soon as the find it. Just speculating.

I keep thinking I'm seeing the leg as NG keeps showing the landfill search. I'd sift through some of that for Zahra and you would, too, if it meant we'd see justice done in this case.

darn the thread is moving so fast! I posted a link last night or earlier in the day today to a MSM report about the search for Z and it stated that medical records had been requested both here and in Australia.

I apologize for this being way out of sequence. I can't post from work, only lurk and think of things I want to say. By the time I get home, another 20 pages have gone by. :crazy:

Regarding the 911 call <snip>

...............respectfully snipped................

IMHO, they had me at "How are you?" or something like that.

Who says that in an emergency 911 call? I've made 911 calls and the last thing on my mind was how the operator was. "I need an amublanc!"

In this case, "My daughter is missing!" would have been the first words out of anyone ELSE'S mouth.

Then he talks about her going through 'puberty?!'

Who talks like that?

I believed the father didn't have anything to do with Zahra's disappearance until this 911 call.

He needs to be questioned more!

JMHO
fran

Sounds like she was in Australia for a year and a half according this article

Fairchild testified that Baker has lived in South Carolina for a period of time, as well as Kings Mountain. She said Baker also went to meet now-husband Adam in Australia and lived there for a year-and-a-half, returning in December 2008.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/20/8/elisa-bakers-bond-increased-ar-468561/

Lots of other good info there.

NG: he's saying so much drama at t house..., but never went to check on daughter
DefenseAtty: he needs to shut up until he retains counsel

did NG just say the ransom note was for AB's daughter?

fact check

although I agree that going back to bed without checking on your kid after finding a ransom note for ANYONE is very suspect IMO

Caller: has SM and daddy been given poly?
JeanC: if daddy took it, we would have known about it

NG - is going to play complete 911 call again.
Commenting that AB went back to bed after fire and did not check on daughter. Talking about bio mum, saying she is in Australia Non custodial parent has been in aus and woefully absent in Zahara's life (not my comment this was from Nancy)

Jean - saying heard nothing about poloy's, LE wont comment on this.

I think a parent of a missing amputee might mention the fact in a 911 call and they might also automatically check if they see the prosthesis because if the child needs her prosthesis to walk it tells them whether or not the child could have left on her own. After all, a ten year old whose parents sleep until very late in the day could have decided to go out and visit a friend or something without saying anything. And IMO you might also mention the leg in a 911 call because it's an identifying characteristic and it might also be important to know that the child is handicapped.

So mentioning the prosthesis doesn't bother me but the way he refers to it the second time the topic comes up does a bit:

ADAM BAKER: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg that they apparently have taken with them.

I don't know if it makes any sense to anybody else but IMO the way he refers to them taking the leg with them suggests that he considers the leg was separate from Zahra at the time of the abduction. As if the kidnappers took Zahra and then grabbed her leg off the shelf. If he'd said he couldn't find the prosthesis either or something it wouldn't have the same impact on me. Now if she was really taken at 5.30 am from her bed she could have been sleeping without it but he doesn't know that for sure (allegedly). As far as he knows Zahra could have put her leg on in the morning and have stepped outside and been abducted as a whole, prosthesis and all.

If Zahra needed help putting her leg on then there is really no excuse why neither of the parents didn't go help her before they went to bed at 10.30 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member