NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lurking and lunching and then back to werking. I see its been reported a second mattress was pulled from the landfill. No word yet on whether they have found anything substative in the search yet I take it?

Kat, the first mattress on the video last night...did you or anyone else think it had a dark spot on it or a hole??? I did.

I really couldn't tell TB.

I chalked it up to the mattress having been more than likely placed on a curb for pick up (even if not) and then transported with a lot of refuse in a truck to the landfill where it was covered with more refuse. KWIM? JMHO.

iirc, LE said in one of their pressers that other search warrants have been acted on but they will not be released to the public. (I think it is the one either right before or right after it was declared a homicide)... will have to go find it

PURE SPECULATION HERE:

What might they have stashed in her mattress...aside from her of course. :(.

Her leg. Perhaps drugs.

iirc, LE said in one of their pressers that other search warrants have been acted on but they will not be released to the public. (I think it is the one either right before or right after it was declared a homicide)... will have to go find it

That's correct -- there are definitely at least two sealed search warrants that I recall their mentioning.

I thought the search of the family home was performed under a search warrant? IIRC they just didn't release it to the public like the one for the vehicles, etc. Maybe I am wrong, but I was sure news reports on the day of the vigil when LE were removing items from the house (and AB was gathering his things) stated LE were executing a search warrant.

Methinks their lack of publication has to do with keeping secret whatever the evidcence item is they are still seeking.

lurking and lunching and then back to werking. I see its been reported a second mattress was pulled from the landfill. No word yet on whether they have found anything substative in the search yet I take it?

Bless your heart! Retire the first moment you can. I just got here not too long ago. I think they've pulled several.

That's what I was trying to figure out too Mommy2Sarah.

On the shot that isn't zoomed in at the dump. It does look like it could possibly be a twin.

When we see the zoomed in one (thanks by the way! :)) it looks like it might be full sized.

Wonder if it is the same mattress in both shots and if so, which size is it? I'll have to see what other's have to say. I'm still pondering and eyeballing it.

JMHO.

You're welcome Kat and yes, that is the same mattress in both pics... I screencaptured these from the landfill video as they carried it..

ETA: wait a minute... I did these screen caps early this morning.....now after I wrote "as they carried it" I don't think that is accurate....I screen capped them from the landfill video on the news but I THINK I remember it just being still pics on the running news video (if that makes sense)....anyway... just trying to be totally accurate here but still.....yes... it IS the same mattress!!! LOL

now I want to know what they were buying in that furniture store where she was sighted two weeks before her vanishing! twin mattress?

((my mind keeps going there))

also... remember that AB and EB were sighted back behind an abandoned trailer where they used to live about three weeks ago (I linked the article yesterday and God help me.. if I try to find the link again)... wondering.. is this caldwell county area they were seen in near a dumpster?

That seems to be the case, but her previous bed could have been a full-size one, or perhaps they don't know what size it was and are gonna check all the mattresses they find?

Thank you for those great side-by-side pics, M2S! :)

YW, and that is a good point Sherbie....if the bed was replaced it certainly could have been replaced w/ a different sized one (especially if they got it off Freecycle or Craigslist or out of a Trader Magazine or something....just took what they could get?)

Does this pic of the mattress help any Kat...??
digginginthefilth.jpg

I suspect if they find the mattress they will know when it was discarded and that Zahra was not alive after that date???

now I want to know what they were buying in that furniture store where she was sighted two weeks before her vanishing! twin mattress?

((my mind keeps going there))

also... remember that AB and EB were sighted back behind an abandoned trailer where they used to live about three weeks ago (I linked the article yesterday and God help me.. if I try to find the link again)... wondering.. is this caldwell county area they were seen in near a dumpster?

here it is:
Meanwhile, the residents of a trailer park in Caldwell County where Zahra lived until mid-summer are still hoping the girl will be found alive, but they admit that hope is fading. Search teams combed the woods around the trailer park last Wednesday.

"They need to come back and do some more," said Tabitha Haas.

Haas said Adam and Elisa Baker were spotted in the neighborhood about three weeks ago.

"They came here at night," Haas said.

Peggy Johnson claims a few days later, "the most awful smell was coming up out of the manhole in my yard."

She said authorities lifted the lid and looked inside, but only for a few seconds.

"They's another manhole in the holler that they need to come back and look at," Johnson said.

The place she talked about is hidden in a valley area behind a vacant trailer. It is in the same area where the couple was spotted.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

Do we know who AY is and how he is related to EB or AB??

Does this pic of the mattress help any Kat...??
digginginthefilth.jpg

YES! Thank you! Between the picture you posted and the ones that M2Sarah posted, this is a twin sized mattress for sure. I haven't seen video or pics of the second mattress they looked at but that's okay. :)

JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members