NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I agree, and a lot of places in Australia are very beautiful also :) however, to just pick up and move to a foreign country with a daughter who needs medical care, with no job prospects and a new wife who is unemployed, I would think one would check out more thoroughly what they were getting into. MOO

It seems incomprehensible doesn't it? KB's cousin said there was a major fallout because of this so it seems they couldn't understand it either.

Looks like the GJ would be held in Hickory

Background on the Catawba County Court System
Courthouses
The Catawba County court system is operated through two courthouses: Newton and Hickory.

Newton
The Newton facility is located at 100 SW Blvd, Hwy 321 South, and it is the county seat. The facility consists of four full-sized courtrooms and one smaller courtroom. Arbitrations are held in the facility. These courtrooms hold district criminal, district civil, superior criminal, superior civil, magistrate, and juvenile court. The Newton facility houses the Clerk of Courts main office, the Sheriff’s Office, the Office of the District Attorney, Repay, the magistrates, probation, and the Register of Deeds.

Hickory
The Hickory facility is located at 111 Main Ave Northeast, and it has two full-sized courtrooms. Criminal district and civil district court are held there. In addition, State probation offices are located in the facility.

The Hickory facility is preferred by some lawyers in the Hickory area, because most law offices are located in the City of Hickory. The facility is also located close to the Hickory Police Department. The Hickory Police Department assigns an officer to the court operations, who notes when Hickory police testimony is required and calls the appropriate Hickory officers to the courthouse as needed. This eliminates long courthouse waiting periods for the on-duty officers and lessens the overtime required for off-duty officers.

http://www.catawbacountync.gov/events/techsolvereport.pdf

I have just had a horrible, horrible jolt that has me in goosebumps! I have never had a "vision" before, but I just now got an intense impression of EB beating Z bloody with the prosthetic leg. This scene appeared to me of Z wimpering because the leg was ill-fitting and painful to wear. She was begging for a new one that fit better. And then EB screamed at Z for being a selfish brat and just thrashed and thrashed Z with the prosthesis. Mods, please feel free to delete this or move it to a parking space. I am shaking and my eyes are watering. I pray that this did not actuallly occur!

Spool, hope you're ok.
I think your vision is exactly what everyone dreads to think about but are aware that this could be the very way she died.

Thanks to everyone who played my Impala tag # guessing game in thread #21 - I appreciate it!

Here's what I'm able to say, at this time, about the vehicles shown in the warrant:

None of the vehicles listed on the warrant come up in a DMV search as being registered to either EB or AB. I don't find this surprising, given EB's long history of driving unregistered vehicles. (EB's criminal history: Spreadsheet | Screenshot PDFs: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)

The Tahoe does not come up in a search by its tag #. It does, however, come up in a search on its VIN - but the resulting record has a different tag # associated with it. Although expired, the record shows having last been registered to a lawn service. I'm satisfied this is, as reported, a work truck.

The Camry comes up as currently registered to a family member of EB. Nothing strikes me as particularly important or nefarious about this connection.

The last digit of the Impala's tag # is in question (illegible on the warrant) and there is no VIN listed for it. In a DMV search by tag:

• I get no hit if I use -1 as the last digit.
  • I get hits if I use -7 or -8 as the last digit, but neither result is that of any person I know to be among EB's family or friends; also, neither resulting record is shown to be for an Impala.
Of course, I realize it's possible for an incorrect license plate to have actually been on the Impala at the time LE executed the warrant.

As time permits, I'll see if I can determine any connection re the Impala - I was soliciting opinions to help me decide which record to start with. Thanks for all the input! I'll post an update if I make any interesting determinations.

Also, I am trying to come up with some details on the (alleged) missing Monte Carlo; however, I expect this to take some time, as it looks like I'll need to make a FOIA request (and hope to get the info I'm looking for) to get started.

I'm hoping Zahra will be found much sooner than I'll be able to chase all these details down!

:praying:

am catching up again...so sorry if this has already been discussed[I'm assuming more than likely it has]...

with Z not being an American citizen how could she have been getting medical care? AB just got his job with Coffey in Apr/May 2010.. and I know she was fitted for new hearing aids before even then... Who and how was her medical care being taken care of?

I have just had a horrible, horrible jolt that has me in goosebumps! I have never had a "vision" before, but I just now got an intense impression of EB beating Z bloody with the prosthetic leg. This scene appeared to me of Z wimpering because the leg was ill-fitting and painful to wear. She was begging for a new one that fit better. And then EB screamed at Z for being a selfish brat and just thrashed and thrashed Z with the prosthesis. Mods, please feel free to delete this or move it to a parking space. I am shaking and my eyes are watering. I pray that this did not actuallly occur!

You are not alone. ITA, I have felt this same way for a week.

Spool, hope you're ok.
I think your vision is exactly what everyone dreads to think about but are aware that this could be the very way she died.

Thank you, TB. I'm still trembling a little -- maybe from the shock of the experience itself. Never had a moment like that! Anyway, I will continue to pray for Zahra and to advocate for all mistreated children. Let's keep sleuthing!

Oh I agree, and a lot of places in Australia are very beautiful also :) however, to just pick up and move to a foreign country with a daughter who needs medical care, with no job prospects and a new wife who is unemployed, I would think one would check out more thoroughly what they were getting into. MOO

Many years ago I moved to England, to be with a guy I had met there. We got engaged and planned to marry. I was there 'illegally' and had to actually take a ferry across to France and return so I could re-enter Britian. I had no prospects, and wasn't able to work.

The relationship didn't work out, and I was glad to return here. However, people in love think with their hearts and sometimes other parts, other than their heads.

And some relationships, even if you meet someone on the internet work out great.

I have a friend who met her husband through a friend when they were both in jail. They are now married 22 years, very happily, and have 2 adult children and a stepson. He owns a small specialty grocery store, she works as a psychologist.

Love moves barriers between people.
:heart:

Spool, I believe your unsettling vision could have been what actually happened! I also pray that this didn't occur, but unfortunately I believe that EB did murder little Zahra and EB's the only one who knows those horrific details!

am catching up again...so sorry if this has already been discussed[I'm assuming more than likely it has]...

with Z not being an American citizen how could she have been getting medical care? AB just got his job with Coffey in Apr/May 2010.. and I know she was fitted for new hearing aids before even then... Who and how was her medical care being taken care of?

I have no clue if she had medical care or not. I am assuming she did at this point in time. Until proven otherwise. JMHO.

I would imagine given AB's low income (low IMHO) that she may have been eligable and applied for:

http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dma/medicaid/

Her hearing aids were donated yes?

Because of HIPPA laws I don't think we will know who her Doc was unless a family member IDs the Doc. KWIM?

I found this it may or may not be applicable to Zahra because we have no clue what her medical care was...

http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dma/bulletin/O&PBulletin.pdf

Just posting this if indeed she was eligable for NC medical card and had one.

I don't know if Zahra's prosthesis was too small, or that a doctor had determined that it was, or if a doctor had determined it was and the paperwork had been started to request services for her.

State Medical Insurance can be tricky. IMHO unlike private insurance where care and the need for medical equipment can be expedited- there is a bureaucracy that must be navigated and to put it bluntly hoops to jump through to get medical care and/or assitance.

In addition to not knowing if she even had this type of insurance we don't know if there would have been any qualifiers on it. Meaning was her family responsible for a co-pay?

I am in no way defending Zahra's parents but I can't, personally, with good conscious not give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to having gotten her basic medical care. JMHO. I don't like them but I can't judge them harshly on each and every single aspect of their relationship with Zahra. The fact that Zahra is the subject of a homicide investigation speaks loudly enough as to how valued and cared for she was at least during the last couple of months of her life.

Wow that reads like a rant...it's not I promise, I"m just sharing my personal views. As always I deeply respect the members here that disagree. :) All JMHO.

just checking in. No new news I see. I did note the "comment" in the hickory news and wonder as well if it was just so much talk or inside info.

I will say this, if case is being prepared for GJ it worries me. IMO it means LE and DA have strong belief, but are light on proof, hence the GJ. Unless things work differently in NC than they do here in IL.

Here GJ is not a matter of course but is convened at regular intervals and presented with testimony on ongoing cases where there is belief but not much evidence.

I hope that is not the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member