NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(it wouldnt let me quote who you were quoting- the list of airports)

i live right beside PTI, which is listed wrong on the list...its piedmont triad international airport..but charlotte is still closer tho

TY! I've never heard of that one...where is it located? As I said, my feet stay on the ground, lol!

All good thoughts. My question, however, is that wasn't he arrested on one bad check charge, so how long could he be held on that? I haven't seen a link yet as to his bail amount. :waitasec: MOO

I believe I saw earlier today on our threads that the bail was $7,000. If it looks like he can make that and they want to keep him, they can always slap him with the other charges and up the bail (maybe they're using that to pressure him -- tell us what we want to know or we're gonna hit you with these other charges and some even worse ones).

It's so hard to make sense of what's going on. We can only put our trust in LE, and I really believe they are exceptionally dedicated to finding answers and justice for little Zahra. Just wish they'd share a little of that info with us, though I understand why they may not be able to at this time.

Could it be that AB was at the airport earlier in the night. Then LE asks him to come to the station (which he does) for something. They agree to intercept who ever was flying in and possibly bring them to the station as well. Then after some time and talk...he is formally arrested at 3:12am at the police station.

So he could have been waiting on a flight to come in before midnight possibly.

(it wouldnt let me quote who you were quoting- the list of airports)

i live right beside PTI, which is listed wrong on the list...its piedmont triad international airport..but charlotte is still closer tho

Well howdy neighbor, I'm in Stokesdale.

That's why I posted that exact question a few pages back.

Can LE consficate and hold on to a passport?

:)

Certain agencies can if they have probable cause or passport was part of a confiscated or under review crime scene. JMO.

Didn't LE already seize 3 passports from one of the cars, leading me to believe they can indeed take your passport?

I've definitely heard of them doing it...can't tell you right off hand what the criteria of them being able to are though.

All good thoughts. My question, however, is that wasn't he arrested on one bad check charge, so how long could he be held on that? I haven't seen a link yet as to his bail amount. :waitasec: MOO

not so much with one charge as with many

Adam Baker, 33, was arrested at 3:12 a.m. on five counts of worthless checks, two counts of communicating threats, one count of assault with a deadly weapon and one count of failure to return rental property. Adam Baker was taken into custody while at the Hickory Police station after voluntarily coming in to give a statement, a police official told ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-father-arrested-unrelated-charges/story?id=11964372

Did anyone notice the picture of AB & ZB on NG tonight? That came up when we were discussing whether there were any in existence the other day. I couldn't find it anywhere to link to it then.

Is it possible that KB had a wire on when she chatted to her son?

I just knew from the first ((redacted)) wsoc tweet I posted about the airport that he was there.

Now we have EB ferreted to the scene of the latest search.

This is a lot of shuffling btw the two (Adam and Elise) and it makes me want to puke.

Quit the dance already and tell LE what you both have done to your daughter......

The music will end at some point and the dance will have to stop. Wonder which one will be still standing (or somewhat)?

************i am disgusted to the point of puking**************
I'm speculating that AB has left the dance floor. He is likely to be tapping his ruby red slippers and chanting, "There's no place like Oz, there's no place like Oz."

Well, here is a named, police spokesman:

Police in the Bakers' home town of Hickory, North Carolina, said they arrested Adam Baker at Charlotte Douglas International Airport on Monday morning, but do not believe he was trying to flee the state or the US.

"We believe he was at the airport picking up relatives who were flying in from Australia," Hickory Police Department spokesperson Libby Grigg told AAP.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/zahra-bakers-father-arrested-at-airport-20101026-1713x.html

Ummm, you arrested him (Hickory PD), you BELIEVE he was picking up relatives? If this did in fact happen how do they NOT KNOW why he was there? Either said relatives got off of a plane or he had an airline ticket.

AGAIN, THIS WAS NOT A PRESS RELEASE, and unless someone can show me Libby Grigg on camera saying this I am not going to take it as gospel. Seriously, just read it, it doesn't make sense. And again, if he was arrested AT the airport, that would be the address listed on the arrest info. And IF he was arrested at the airport why would he be there to be arrested at 3:12 in the morning when there were NO flights during a six hour window between midnight and 6.

That's why I posted that exact question a few pages back.

Can LE consficate and hold on to a passport?

:)

This is just my opinion, but I have only heard of it done when someone is arrested and a judge orders it at arraignment and/or bail hearing, i.e. the person is deemed a flight risk. MOO

Pat Brown on Levi discussing who may have said what AB or EB to LE. or did they arrest AB to frighten EB.

oh shoot are we allowed to discuss Levi's show? Never listened before :)

Certain agencies can if they have probable cause or passport was part of a confiscated or under review crime scene. JMO.

Thank you for giving me an answer! :)

LOL :D

Ummm, you arrested him (Hickory PD), you BELIEVE he was picking up relatives? If this did in fact happen how do they NOT KNOW why he was there? Either said relatives got off of a plane or he had an airline ticket.

AGAIN, THIS WAS NOT A PRESS RELEASE, and unless someone can show me Libby Grigg on camera saying this I am not going to take it as gospel. Seriously, just read it, it doesn't make sense. And again, if he was arrested AT the airport, that would be the address listed on the arrest info. And IF he was arrested at the airport why would he be there to be arrested at 3:12 in the morning when there were NO flights during a six hour window between midnight and 6.

Bahahahahaha!!

Yeah... that :woohoo:

Hello Levi, I'm a NOOB, but listening to you right now. Love that southern accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member