NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO I am with you on this because if natural causes were the case EB or AB would have spilled it by now They would only be looking at Negligent Homocide and abuse of a corpse, Instead of a Capital Offense MOO

I hated writing that but couldn't find a way to word it.

I agree that if Zahra is deceased, it is not due to natural causes or because she is no longer in remission.

IIRC, her subsequent metastatic cancer had been treated and she had reached a level of NED (no evidence of disease, aka remission). The amputation was done quite a while ago as we've concluded based on the fact she had outgrown her prosthetic leg. Her hair had grown out which would have taken a minimum of two years post chemo to reach that length. Childhood bone cancer is serious but often not fatal despite metastasis. She was obviously neglected and mistreated but I don't believe for one second she died from a sudden recurrence of cancer AND parental neglect in just a few short months time.

I agree with you about the cancer/neglect. I believe she was abused and the abuse escalated over the last 6 months or so. I remember reading a comment somewhere that the abuse really started after the dad went to work. This isn't a fact....but it's something I've wondered about and does fit with the downward spiral of EB. She seems to have lost significant amounts of weight in a short time and seemed to be slowly cutting Zahra off from anyone who cared for her outside the home. I doubt she received adequate medical care but I don't think that resulted in her death. I think EB is directly responsible for that!! :furious:

From getting the news that Zahra was A-okay with the furniture ladies til her death.
I really do not think that cancer killed her.

I agree completely. IMHO, you don't go from a healthy, active, smiling 10 year old walking around a furniture store to a dying cancer patient in just 2 short weeks. The photo was taken in August, IIRC, and it was taken with a crummy camera phone. I think it's just the angle and the grainy effect of the camera that make her APPEAR to be bloated in the face. She has large cheek bones to begin with...and a rounded face. The bandana on her head accentuates these features.
There's another reason it's unlikely Zahra's cancer had returned. I think EB didn't like or want Zahra around. Zahra having cancer would have been a good thing. EB may have been able to get even more sympathy, access to great drugs, and Zahra would have been out of her way most of the time. All of Zahra's medical care and medicines would be covered under Medicaid, since she is a resident alien. Why would EB go through a whole kidnapping/fire scenario if Zahra was dying of cancer? Even if she didn't want to do anything at all to care for Zahra.....''not knowing about Zahra's cancer return'' is a FAR better, more believable excuse than a ransom note, a fire, and a kidnapping. moo

If the land searches fail, LE really needs to check the water in the area.

Sorry, just logged on today. If Zahra had died from natural causes (of any kind)... why would we still be looking for her ????

Apparently Zahra still hasn't been found this morning? I'll go back to reading & catch up.

Bless you and your daughter! I hope you are both doing well! I think this is is a very plausible scenario. I also know two people personally who developed leukemia after chemo, so it is obviously not a rare occurrence.

I have never heard of chemo CAUSING leukemia ? Do you have any information on this you could PM with ???

However, I have heard of underlying leukemia developing into large cell lymphoma (which is usually when the patient is diagnosed). A condition known as Richter's syndrome. (my dog actually had this)

I agree with you about the cancer/neglect. I believe she was abused and the abuse escalated over the last 6 months or so. I remember reading a comment somewhere that the abuse really started after the dad went to work. This isn't a fact....but it's something I've wondered about and does fit with the downward spiral of EB. She seems to have lost significant amounts of weight in a short time and seemed to be slowly cutting Zahra off from anyone who cared for her outside the home. I doubt she received adequate medical care but I don't think that resulted in her death. I think EB is directly responsible for that!! :furious:

The video footage of EB with ZB when she rec'd her hearing aids - she was much heavier then. No doubt between May - Sept, EB dove heavily into crystal meth. Meth is notorious for causing violent episodes of rage, unfortunately.

If that's all the "legit" income they had .... they HAD to have income from other sources, IMO. Which goes along with the bad checks (re: puts money in their pockets) drug dealing, etc.

I think it's sad (honestly) that this family had to retort to illegal means in order to pay for food and only the basics. It's certainly not a "pass" for harming your child, but poverty really can be a recipie for disaster. :(

I agree......but keep in mind that EB wasn't working because of her 'serious medical conditions' that don't exist. They COULD have made more money had she bothered to look for a job and take her life seriously.

Zahra was a liability to parents.
She was old enough to start telling other people about drug dealing
the beatings, 5 min out of room etc.

In AB 911 call I caught he says (brooding)' whenever she comes UP' was she living in the basement???

her part time job selling drugs paid allot!!!
and bad checks, skipping out on rent, stealing vaccuum cleaner,
HA and having 4 cars, EB nails done, hair dyed etc...........
and $10,000 from a guy in England????
How many other guys were her suckers...........

I have to comment on the hair / nails thing. There are many ways to get this done inexpensive or even for free. I know when I was a young poor mother, I went to the cosmetology school. They let the girls learning do hair & nails. I'd walk out paying $4 for highlights and a full set of acrylics.

It's also possible that someone in the family or friends circle was a cosmetologist or in school to be one and was using family as guniea pigs. It appears that hair styles and colors are changed frequently with the girls in the family.

In AB 911 call I caught he says (brooding)' whenever she comes UP' was she living in the basement???

And so according to AB, his daughter was brooding, so therefore she what? ... voluntarily left with the kidnapper(s) who meant to take his bosses daughter? So stupid!!

good catch I wonder if she was living in the basement ?

If Zahra's cancer came back, EB would of been SO happy, IMO, EB thrived on that sort of attention.
Zahra was to healthy and a bother to both EB/AB.
They wanted their own freedom to do their own thing.
10 year old was just to much work for their lazy butts.....like in clothes, schooling etc.
EB wouldn't even pack a lunch for Zahra!!!!

I'm with you in that it can be explained away. I have an 11 yr old and a 9 yr old. Based on my (very limited :crazy:) personal experience, it's rather unusual to be missing only one eye tooth amid a set of permanent ones at that age. But certainly, anything's possible. Missing a tooth, coupled with a black eye and a swollen face lends itself to less than natural causes, IMHO.

I haven't really commented on this photo because I just don't see the "black eye" that everyone is seeing. The photo is horrible quality and honestly to me ... BOTH eyes look "dark". I know the eye witness states she has a black eye on the left side but the other eye looks the same ? So I wonder about this and am not ready to jump to the conclusion that she indeed has a black eye caused by abuse.

Since EB (according to that article) 'wants to help', I can see a battered wife defense coming. EB wants to help and AB is arrested all on the same day. Hmmmm. :waitasec:

AB better start talking or I predict he is going to be left carrying the can all by himself.

Sorry, just logged on today. If Zahra had died from natural causes (of any kind)... why would we still be looking for her ????

Apparently Zahra still hasn't been found this morning? I'll go back to reading & catch up.

I'm with you on that. Also, why would LE have stated early on that they consider this a homicide case? And why would EB be assigned a high-profile lawyer who specializes in cases of women who murder their children??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717