NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree......but keep in mind that EB wasn't working because of her 'serious medical conditions' that don't exist. They COULD have made more money had she bothered to look for a job and take her life seriously.

We do not know that the serious medical conditions did not exist. Her daughter testified that she did have lupus ..... which may or may not have been true, but without more information I'm hesitant to assume that she was able to work.

Thanks again for you invaluable information regarding immigration BritsKate. EB couldn't even get a driver's license or her vehicle registered legally so it's highly unlikely she would have gone through anything even close to this to get her new family brought into the country legally.

I think they came as visitors
MOO

Entering the US with a travel visa and getting married is probably the easiest route for a green card. They had a few different options like a fiance visa, petitioning a foreign spouse etc.
Also you are not allowed to travel outside the US while petitioning for permanent residency so AB was likely issued a green card around May 2009.

:twocents:

http://www2.wnct.com/news/2010/oct/26/cops-resume-search-missing-10-year-old-nc-girl-ar-484108/

Hickory Deputy Chief Major Clyde Deal said Tuesday that Elisa Baker has been talking to investigators, and earlier this week was taken to a home in Caldwell County where she once lived. Deal would not elaborate, but said police were approached by her lawyer that she wanted to help.

Thanks for the link :) This link also has a similar article:
http://www.wcnc.com/news/Cops-resume-search-for-missing-10-year-old-NC-girl-105775613.html

MOO is that EB's new lawyer had a discussion with her and told her that she'd likely get the death penalty. By 'helping' now, I think she's trying to save her own hide and likely hoping for a lesser life sentence instead. (all MOO).

http://annonc.oxfordjournals.org/content/20/6/1136.full
Eighty-five patients, with either synchronous or metachronous lung involvement, have 3-year postlung metastases survival (PLMS) of 30%.

The lung cancer was secondary according to most articles regarding Zahra's health.

Zahra was diagnosed in 2005 with a form of bone cancer that led to hearing loss and the amputation of her lower left leg, then in 2007 she was found to have secondary lung cancer, but a year later she was officially declared to be in remission.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...een-in-september/story-e6frfku0-1225939812746

This is key. They are calling it homicide. Her body is STILL missing. We know the ransom note was bogus and she wasn't kidnapped. If this was some lame cover up attempt because ZB died of "natural" causes from the progression of cancer and/or parental neglect to render basic care, the parents would have divulged her body's whereabouts by now. And they wouldn't have gone to such great lengths to cover it up, IMHO.

Exactly. Medical neglect of a child is a far less serious crime than murder. LE would have explained all this to her and AB, and a deal could probably be worked out in exchange for the location of her body.

If Zahra simply died from her cancer, it would be in EB's and AB's best interest for LE to find her body as quickly as possible, so autopsy results could more easily show no unnatural cause of death, hence no murder. Every day that passes would make that more problematic, I would think.

EB is receiving advice from a very clever lawyer. AB better find one of his own ASAP.

Yeah, I wonder if they will "appoint" him one of the state's best DP defence lawyers? :waitasec:

The lung cancer was secondary according to most articles regarding Zahra's health.

Zahra was diagnosed in 2005 with a form of bone cancer that led to hearing loss and the amputation of her lower left leg, then in 2007 she was found to have secondary lung cancer, but a year later she was officially declared to be in remission.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...een-in-september/story-e6frfku0-1225939812746

I'm so glad you found this.
I was looking.
It was a separate cancer and not from the bone cancer.......

Entering the US with a travel visa and getting married is probably the easiest route for a green card. They had a few different options like a fiance visa, petitioning a foreign spouse etc.
Also you are not allowed to travel outside the US while petitioning for permanent residency so AB was likely issued a green card around May 2009.

:twocents:

How does it work when you're already married though? They were married in AU.

Then again, when they travelled to the US, they likely did it with their own passports and EB's probably still had whatever name she was able to use legally to obtain that passport to go there in the first place. So maybe it wasn't even mentioned at the time they were travelling that they were married?

Originally Posted by bellyup View Post
http://annonc.oxfordjournals.org/content/20/6/1136.full
Eighty-five patients, with either synchronous or metachronous lung involvement, have 3-year postlung metastases survival (PLMS) of 30%.

That's what metachronous means.... secondary (not developing at the same time which would be synchronous ).

Thanks for the link :) This link also has a similar article:
http://www.wcnc.com/news/Cops-resume-search-for-missing-10-year-old-NC-girl-105775613.html

MOO is that EB's new lawyer had a discussion with her and told her that she'd likely get the death penalty. By 'helping' now, I think she's trying to save her own hide and likely hoping for a lesser life sentence instead. (all MOO).

It is starting to remind me of another case when another "mom" was taking police to different places :furious: She needs to help by telling the truth I hope she is and they are keeping it quiet for now

Cancer can come out of remission VERY quickly and cause death just as quickly. It's very possible that it could occur in a matter of DAYS.

Especially with an already present lung metastases. Pulmonary metastases is a bad prognostic factor that indicates disseminated disease. Zahra was in a fragile medical condition. Even having obtained remission her survival rates were likely in the 3 months to 5 year range. (depending on the types of both cancers).

Totally agree, my brother was out deep sea fishing with his mates in mid August, early September he was admitted to hospital, really really sick and unable to walk, he died soon afterwards

Will the Australian embassy provide a lawyer for AB?

No, they are not required to do that. They might be able to recommend one but they will not provide one for him. MOO

I'm so glad you found this.
I was looking.
It was a separate cancer and not from the bone cancer.......

The chances of it being a random secondary cancer not caused by the osteosarcoma is LESS than 25%. 75% of patients with osteosarcoma have lung metastasis on autopsy.

Totally agree, my brother was out deep sea fishing with his mates in mid August, early September he was admitted to hospital, really really sick and unable to walk, he died soon afterwards

(((hugs)))

Yeah, I wonder if they will "appoint" him one of the state's best DP defence lawyers? :waitasec:

Just my opinion but I don't think a DP qualified attorney will be necessary. Maybe.

Australia has the right of refusal to extradite one of its citizens when facing the death penalty but their hands are tied when their citizen is on US soil. Still it would spell a diplomatic nightmare were DP to come into play, IMO.

To date there are no Australians on death row stateside.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/foreign-nationals-and-death-penalty-us#Nationality

Police say the stepmother of a missing disabled 10-year-old girl is cooperating with investigators who are continuing to search several sites in rural North Carolina counties.
Hickory Deputy Chief Major Clyde Deal said Tuesday that Elisa Baker has been talking to investigators, and earlier this week was taken to a home in Caldwell County where she once lived. Deal would not elaborate, but said police were approached by her lawyer that she wanted to help.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Cops-resume-search-for-missing-10-year-old-NC-girl-105775613.html

good God! Don't let her be taking them on a wild goose chase!

I'm really sorry about your loss. :( I have far more experience with cancer loss than I care to even think about. It's why I chose the career path that I did.

Exactly. Medical neglect of a child is a far less serious crime than murder. LE would have explained all this to her and AB, and a deal could probably be worked out in exchange for the location of her body.

If Zahra simply died from her cancer, it would be in EB's and AB's best interest for LE to find her body as quickly as possible, so autopsy results could more easily show no unnatural cause of death, hence no murder. Every day that passes would make that more problematic, I would think.

Not if the stepmonster was "treating her symptoms" with the drugs she sold which accelerated her death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717