NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just made it to the computer. I see there is all kinds of talk about the house, the pile that burnt etc. What's going on?

House is taped off today and LE is posted there... searching on Christie Rd....

Someone upthread asked about the abilities of sniffer dogs to detect buried remains, sarx. Maybe you can speak to that?

Hopefully that means a new piece of evidence.Why are they picking up stuff in the yard? Like ash/fire debris?

Several LE at hickory house...with workers from city of hickory...walking the yard...picking various stuff up in yard. Whole yard taped off...also blue 4 door chevrolet? Car parked in drive beside cop car. Various people in raincoats standing in yard.

Sounds like they are doing more than "protecting" it............sigh.

Could someone shed some light on these questions..

When a person is buried can a dog still smell them?

If a person is buried and a fire is set over the top of the dirt will that impede the dogs ability to smell in that area?

If a grave is dug, that is pretty obvious with the fresh dirt. Could it be possible for a grave to be a day or 2 old, then be covered with ash from a fire and go undetected? I'm basically asking if the burned area would camouflage a grave. Thanks

All just my speculation and curiosity, by the way :)

quoting myself for sarx or others with input. TIA

Also is it too late to lift prints to verify if Zahra was ever indeed in that home?

Does anyone know if is believed that EB and/or AB disposed of the mattress at curbside, and that is why they were searching the landfill station?

If so, do you think that EB and/or AB would put out a mattress to the curb, with obvious blood stains?

Can we get a "Featured Case Discusiion" spot for this topic?

PRETTY PLEASE???

The sheer volume of threads & posts all mashed up together is killing me...and it would be so nice to have a news only thread.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/26/11/mattress-found-landfill-ar-485567/
Zahra’s father, Adam Baker, has been in the Catawba County jail since he turned himself in at the Hickory Police Department at 3:12 a.m. Monday. He went to the police station after picking up his mother and brother at the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.

Ok, bear with me while I speculate out loud AGAIN...

AB picks up mom and bro at the airport...
We know that no flights arrived at 2-3am....
At 3:12 am AB turns himself in to the popo...
For me, 3:12 am is an odd time to turn yourself in...

Who turns themselves in to the popo for worthless checks after picking up their relatives that they haven't seen in what 2 yrs? If he wasn't guilty of all or part of Zahra's disappearance/death, he would be with his family for comfort during this hellish time.

MHO is that his mom and bro came in early the evening the day before he turned himself in and had a come to Jesus meeting with him; the truth came out and they made him turn himself in.

The LE knows more than what is being reported.

PRETTY PLEASE???

The sheer volume of threads & posts all mashed up together is killing me...and it would be so nice to have a news only thread.

Here ya go................

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116947"]NC Zahra Baker timeline and media links only - No Discussion - - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

She'll put the investigators on trial, like O.J.'s "dream team" did. I don't feel good about this at all.

This is partly why I wondered about the reputations of the DA/Sheriff's depts/PDs in that area, in terms of how they have handled previous cases. Are they perceived as competent? Have they been accused of "botching" previous cases? Mishandling evidence, failing to secure crime scenes, etc. in the past?

I want EB's legal team to have to fight for every scrap they get.

Who turns themselves in to the popo for worthless checks after picking up their relatives that they haven't seen in what 2 yrs? If he wasn't guilty of all or part of Zahra's disappearance/death, he would be with his family for comfort during this hellish time.

MHO is that his mom and bro came in early the evening the day before he turned himself in and had a come to Jesus meeting with him; the truth came out and they made him turn himself in.

i totally agree

LOL Tooth fairy time! You know, the teeth thing is so personal and hereditary... My friend's daughter is 6 and has lost 5 teeth so far while mine who are nearly 6 haven't lost any. Would you believe I had a baby tooth (eye tooth/canine tooth) until I was 25?!! Turns out my adult tooth was never going to come down as it was impacted sideways in my jaw and had to be removed via surgery. I have a fake canine tooth there now.

Hope your grandson is feeling better soon!

My daughter is 10 and will be 11 in March. She still has her baby canines. Turns out that she still has them because she will not get all her adult teeth. She will be missing her two laterals (the teeth on either side of her big front teeth, called "centrals"), they dont exist. My son is the same way,his adult canine teeth are right next to his centrals. Gives him somewhat of a vampire appearance. The dentist said that this is happening more and more with people these days, they are turning up with less teeth naturally. I dont have my wisdom teeth, they dont exist..never did.

I guess my point is that it really is hard to judge anything from here about Z by looking at her teeth. Without access to her xrays, you dont know the whole story.

Soooooo.....I'm assuming the "puberty" comment in the 911 call will come into play when we find out what exactly is on the mattress they found......just wow. Puberty at 10? Is that normal? My son is 13 1/2 and hasn't even started changing yet.

PRETTY PLEASE???

There is one, right [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116947"]here[/ame].

My daughter is 10 and will be 11 in March. She still has her baby canines. Turns out that she still has them because she will not get all her adult teeth. She will be missing her two laterals (the teeth on either side of her big front teeth, called "centrals"), they dont exist. My son is the same way,his adult canine teeth are right next to his centrals. Gives him somewhat of a vampire appearance. The dentist said that this is happening more and more with people these days, they are turning up with less teeth naturally. I dont have my wisdom teeth, they dont exist..never did.

I guess my point is that it really is hard to judge anything from here about Z by looking at her teeth. Without access to her xrays, you dont know the whole story.

Viva la difference! and thank you for pointing this out gibby and seeker.

Could someone shed some light on these questions..

When a person is buried can a dog still smell them?

If a person is buried and a fire is set over the top of the dirt will that impede the dogs ability to smell in that area?

If a grave is dug, that is pretty obvious with the fresh dirt. Could it be possible for a grave to be a day or 2 old, then be covered with ash from a fire and go undetected? I'm basically asking if the burned area would camouflage a grave. Thanks

All just my speculation and curiosity, by the way :)

Thanks for pointing me to this, things get lost in here! (AND I don't think I'm getting PM's, so if anyone has tried I am NOT ignoring you!!!)

I will preface this with my answers only apply to properly trained dogs.....

Yes, if a person is buried a dog can still find them.

Yes, there are dogs that can smell burned victims or ones covered up by burns (this is more specific training, so I would not say all can).

Yes, a burn could conceal a grave if it was large enough. (I am by no way saying this is the case, JUST answering the question for future reference). I would be surprised if the FBI/LE did not go through the burn area very thoroughly though and think of this scenario, it's certainly one that has been used before.

Soooooo.....I'm assuming the "puberty" comment in the 911 call will come into play when we find out what exactly is on the mattress they found......just wow. Puberty at 10? Is that normal? My son is 13 1/2 and hasn't even started changing yet.

Each girl is different. I was 5'7", wore a 34C bra and had my period at 11. My daughter is 13, just getting *advertiser censored* and no period. she had a friend in the second grade that had *advertiser censored* and her period. sorry if that was TMI. :blushing: :blushing:

Thanks Sarx. So using that info we can pretty much rule out that thy are actually looking at the house for Zahra but instead looking for evidence to bring them closer to her.

I don't know that "turn himself in" appearing in some articles is the most accurate choice of wording. It could be a somewhat exaggerated paraphrase.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-father-arrested-unrelated-charges/story?id=11964372

ABC News reports: "Adam Baker was taken into custody while at the Hickory Police station after voluntarily coming in to give a statement, a police official told ABC News." (BBM)

That is something slightly different than turning oneself in, IMO.

His statement could have included information implicating himself - or implicating someone else - or both.

I don't think we know.

Or maybe for AB's co-operation, LE allowed him to meet his mother and brother at the plane, and then it was agreed that he would be taken in after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717