NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps SherlockHomey meant to say a "crawl space", which is not a basement at all?

"Down South" - crawl space and slab foundations are typical. Not many homes have basements - like many of the homes "up North" do (maybe recently , for new construction, that has changed? I'm by no means an expert in housing contruction :innocent:)

http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/repair/house6.htm

Could be. This is what the property information says, "Basement: CRAWL"

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/26/11/mattress-found-landfill-ar-485567/
Zahra’s father, Adam Baker, has been in the Catawba County jail since he turned himself in at the Hickory Police Department at 3:12 a.m. Monday. He went to the police station after picking up his mother and brother at the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.

Thank you...it was another one I missed. I just went to add it to the "media links" thread...looks like IMAMAZE added it this morning, already...thank you IMAMAZE.

ps - wasnt' being "snarky"...just trying with everything in me to keep up, and it's proving to be a daunting challenge...:banghead::banghead:

off to search for the "2 day" article...thanks again

Dr Oz just talking about that on TV..........horomones and OBESITY can enter into early puberty.........I doubt highly that Z was in puberty.
Early breast developement is the first sign...........Z looks very thin and flat chested to me.
IMO, AB dreamed that up!

Personally, I don't think his "broody/puberty" comment had anything to do with blood. To me it seemed simply an (invented) excuse as to why she was always in her room and he hadn't seen her in so many hours. IMO JMO MHO

Regarding the FB link- this is my favorite post on her wall:

"people that live in those glass houses should remember their secrets aren't secrets anymore...."

"people that live in those glass houses should remember their secrets aren't secrets anymore...."

Seriously.....and add to that..isn't it interesting that someone like her is SO judgmental of others?

Yeah, IIRC, that post was made around the time BB (EB's nephew's wife, at the time) was filing the "communicating threats" charges.

IMO, EB probably posted that to insinuate that if BB filed the charges, EB would expose BB's (now publicly admitted) drug addiction.

ETA:

Just double-checked EB's criminal records and the "communicating threats" charge was filed on May 22, 2010.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I (being local) call a crawl basement one that is just dirt floor and able to crawl under the house.

I'm a local too, lived here all my life, and this is what I consider a crawl space too. We also have basements. Just depends on if you want one or not.

The house I grew up in had a full basement but when you got down the stairs there was an area about half way up the wall that was a crawl space going under the other side of the house- it had doors kind of like cupboard doors. (for kid it was the scariest place in the basement.)

I have also been reading twitters all morning saying AB was actually at the police station longer than first reported before he was taken into custody.

I have 3 daughters the oldest didn't hit puberty until 13 and she had very little breasts- nothing at all noticeable- my other two started at 11 and each one was bustier than the last...

As for permanent teeth- I had three baby teeth that never had a permanent one to replace it- in an odd twist my husband had supernumerary teeth we always teased the girls that between us we evened out so that their teeth were all normal..

I'm surprised there is no media at the HIckory house yet.

Maybe they were asked to stay away?

(And IMO we may be better off that they aren't--given how confuzzled they have made us! I'll take your and shopgirl's and all our other wonderful locals' eyewitness accounts any day. Geez, we could end up debating "Wood chipper located in crawl space!" or "Flying monkey remains found in mulch pile" or some such for pages and pages if MSM were there. :crazy:)

Perhaps SherlockHomey meant to say a "crawl space", which is not a basement at all?

"Down South" - crawl space and/or slab foundations are typical. Not many homes have basements - like many of the homes "up North" do (maybe recently , for new construction, that has changed? I'm by no means an expert in housing contruction :innocent:)

ETA: I'm originally from "up North", and I believe that slab foundations are not allowed in many places due to "building code", due to the ground freezing etc....

http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/repair/house6.htm

I am from "up North" and have lived in homes that have had a slab, a dirt crawl, a concrete crawl, and cellars. There are many homes here that are built on slabs. In fact, there is a famous builder in the area that only builds slab homes because he finds basements too "tomb like".

I sure wish someone that knew Adam in Oz was around to give us some insight into what makes him tick..

She does not have many friends on her FB page..Easy to see who is not on her friend list but has plenty of comments on her wall.

I don't see AB anywhere on the wall either.
http://www.facebook.com/elesa.young#!/elesa.young?v=wall

I don't think AB had a FB account until after Zahra's disappearance. Perhaps he opened an account as a cost effective way to get in touch with relatives in AU. He did have a MS though and they were "friends" on there.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member