Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what's an overlocker reasy? TIA :)

A type of sewing machine that makes the sort of seams you find inside store bought sweatshirts... the good ones cut and sew and bind the fabric all in one.

http://www.sewingmachines.com.au/overlockers.html

It doesn't necessarily mean that EB owned an overlocker or knitting machine (she doesn't seem like a handicrafts sort of gal to me!) they could have got the end of a spool from family, friends or a garage sale, and Zahra could have been using it for the sort of crafts that ten year old girls enjoy.

Since it appears to be just tossed into the plastic container I wouldn't think it was evidence? Wouldn't they need to paperbag it instead of letting it sit in that plastic container with other items? (cross contamination?).

Looks like that kind of string I use to tie boxes, but it's hot pink. JMHO.

I agree it looks tossed in - I think it might be some sort of string to mark locations (of clues, whatever?) or used to tie the envelopes?

There is a sports product referred to by various names - 'underwrap', 'foam tape', etc., but it is used for medical applications as well. Since it is designed to prevent friction pain from sports equipment rubbing on skin, seems like it might be applicable to protheses too. JMO-checking it out...

My daughter had some for an ankle problem once--here's a pic of one brand:

http://www.bornathleticstore.com/Born-Athletic-Foam-Prewrap-single-color-dozen-pack-p-16162.html

P.S. I copied off you smart kids who said medical bandages, it rang a bell about the brightly colored stuff above that my daughter had...
Oh yea thats what it is!! just a long roll ( IMO)

A type of sewing machine that makes the sort of seams you find inside store bought sweatshirts... the good ones cut and sew and bind the fabric all in one.

http://www.sewingmachines.com.au/overlockers.html

It doesn't necessarily mean that EB owned an overlocker or knitting machine (she doesn't seem like a handicrafts sort of gal to me!) they could have got the end of a spool from family, friends or a garage sale, and Zahra could have been using it for the sort of crafts that ten year old girls enjoy.

I think they're also referred to as 'sergers'? And you're totally right; it does look like a spool for one.

I always just assumed that they brought evidence out in black plastic bags or containers, just to make sure no one knew what it was, to protect their case.

I agree it looks tossed in - I think it might be some sort of string to mark locations (of clues, whatever?) or used to tie the envelopes?

Hmmm, I thought it was yarn, but you know, pink to red shades are traditional in some government archive uses. I just about peed myself laughing when I got a public service job and discovered that not only does red tape exist, but I was also being issued a spool of it day 1 on the job.

The first photo shows what looks like wood to me ( in a clear plastic bag). Then there is the pink Yarn and a child's shoe. I have marked each one. Next photo I lightened up and pointed out the number 4. I made this GIANT in photo shop and it IS a 4.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1323/77846379.jpg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3541/90088956.jpg

I see a spool of projectile trajectory string, stack of paper bags, and a bent stack of clear poly bags.

Looks like typical crime scene evidence collection supplies to me.

I wouldnt think ( and I know at my Dh's department) they do not use string to tie envelopes or bags but of cource every department is different

I noticed that as well. Totally took me off guard. I couldn't believe someone thought that was funny or had the gall to put it there!!

Good catch - (it takes all kinds) could the wind have blown it there?

How much I wish that ONE person who witnessed any kind of abuse, who took the time to write a note or bring a toy by - would have used that same amount of time to call LE with what they knew before Zahra "went missing"....

PunKn - did you ever establish which Brittany(?) saw Zahra on Thursday or which Thursday she was referring to?

Again, many thanks to you and DH for all your efforts...

I would just like to thank you to all the locals for pics and all the real time news from 21st Avenue! All of you did a fantastic job for all of us here at WS! I appreciate that you took time to find out what has happened to precious Zahra! I hope that Zahra is found soon so that she can be laid to rest with dignity and peace. Zahra will never be forgotten! Hopefully we can all work together so that no child will ever have to endure what Zahra did! JMO!! Thanks again!

I always just assumed that they brought evidence out in black plastic bags or containers, just to make sure no one knew what it was, to protect their case.

The stuff (evidence etc) removed from the Anthony home in FL was all in brown paper bags, like EX Large grocery type bags.

when they said the leg was fitted in Australia it made me wonder even more if she was not taken to the Dr's for care of the leg since coming here.

The stuff (evidence etc) removed from the Anthony home in FL was all in brown paper bags, like EX Large grocery type bags.
While my husbands department uses brown bags, blue plastic evidence bags and even clear ones it just really depends on the department.

I wish Zahra had a bigger memorial, like Caylee's was...just thinking and pondering Zahra.

I wish Zahra had a bigger memorial, like Caylee's was...just thinking and pondering Zahra.
Oh yes me 2. I think we should all do a world wide balloon release and post the photos to honor her. Or plant a plant but something!

when they said the leg was fitted in Australia it made me wonder even more if she was not taken to the Dr's for care of the leg since coming here.

Hasn't she been in the States for 2 yrs now? I would think with the way children grow she would of needed a new one by now. Maybe I don't know how they work but certainly it doesn't grow with her....Anyone?

I think this is my favorite photo of Z.
:) Her smile is contagious. I wish we had hundreds more of her.

new-zahra-star-blog.jpg

For you locals, did the Tornado Warnings stop? Please stay safe out there. I know last night was rough for you, I hope tonight has been better. And no evidence has been lost too.

:praying:

Good catch - (it takes all kinds) could the wind have blown it there?

How much I wish that ONE person who witnessed any kind of abuse, who took the time to write a note or bring a toy by - would have used that same amount of time to call LE with what they knew before Zahra "went missing"....

PunKn - did you ever establish which Brittany(?) saw Zahra on Thursday or which Thursday she was referring to?

Again, many thanks to you and DH for all your efforts...

Yes it was BS. I thought I posted this but things were happening so fast and I was trying to keep you guys updated in as 'real time' as possible!! :blushing:

Hasn't she been in the States for 2 yrs now? I would think with the way children grow she would of needed a new one by now. Maybe I don't know how they work but certainly it doesn't grow with her....Anyone?

This is something that has eaten at me. The thought that her prosthetic leg had NOT been sized or upgraded and the pain that a too small prosthetic would have caused is unbearable for me to think about. Her inability to be truly mobile. Maybe the time spent in her room was because it was too painful to use her prosthetic to get around. I imagine over the 2 years she has been in the US she has grown a lot. I don't remember how long she had it before she moved.....don't even like to think about that to be honest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member