NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They put up the curtains because they saw Sherlockhomey's great pictures...and she hit on something big. Could the picture #75 actually show a hit with the luminol?

Woah, thanks for this.

This explains why the glowing was not continuous but wow, the entire room was glowing at some points?????

I read this last night, but I figured all you seasoned WSers were experts on Luminol lol.

I am wondering if, in cases where no body has been recovered, the photos of Luminol reaction at the believed crime scene are ever used as part of the evidence to prove that a death happened (along with any DNA, etc.)? Anybody know about other cases involving Luminol? TIA

Woah, thanks for this.

This explains why the glowing was not continuous but wow, the entire room was glowing at some points?????

I think you might get a glow throughout the room if there were cleaning products applied...perhaps bleach to use an example.

This article was posted one hour ago.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/missing-10-year-old-696084.html

Hours before Baker's release Wednesday evening, police announced that searchers found a prosthetic leg they think could be the one worn by 10-year-old cancer survivor Zahra Baker.

Snip...

Searchers found the leg at a home where Zahra's stepmother once lived, Hickory Police Maj. Clyde Deal said.

The prosthetic leg was discovered Tuesday afternoon near some brush in Caldwell County near the home. Deal said the family lived at several locations in the county and that he wasn't sure how long ago they occupied that house.

So if the report is true we know it was found just a few hours before AB was bonded out. And located close to or at a previous residence in the brush. That means it survived the horrible weather from the night before. Or was that area not hit by the Tornado warning?

I read this last night, but I figured all you seasoned WSers were experts on Luminol lol.

I am wondering if, in cases where no body has been recovered, the photos of Luminol reaction at the believed crime scene are ever used as part of the evidence to prove that a death happened (along with any DNA, etc.)? Anybody know about other cases involving Luminol? TIA

If there is a lot of blood (don't know the exact amount) perhaps maybe over a pint? then it would show a person could not survive unless taken to a hospital immediately.

That's what made me wonder but then I realized that I'm sure it happens in many cases (landlords, leased vehicles, warehouses, etc.) ... and I just didn't know if those persons are just SOL:waitasec:

My own personal experience- we own a couple of properties. Once had a property in SC that was trashed when tenents decided to cook up a bunch of meth, then trashed again when we called and LE busted it. (Yes, it's a big problem in these parts.)

Property owner, SOL.
But I didn't even bother to ask local LE about restitution at the time. I'd like to know the actual law on it in NC.

I will see if I can get you a link-I remember a no body case that luminol showed a massive area of blood spatter-floor, walls and ceiling. The room had been emptied on a move, but investigators could see the partial outline of the bedboard once they applied the luminol. The blood typed to the victim and a definitive statement could be made, IIRC, that no one could have survived that kind of blood loss. I will see what I can find.

I've always felt bad for the innocent third parties. I remembering the Anthony's complaining about their house after a search. I think about the costs of repairing a house that was a crime scene. Plumbing parts, sections of walls, floors, carpets, doors and windows. That would be alot of money. I've seen LE agencies cover the costs sometimes. Homeowners insurance will sometimes cover. And sometimes people are like you said, SOL.

Slightly O/T, but my father-in-law's house was used for a scene in a film, and the crew left some permanent damage when they were done, and he never found a way to get them to pay for the damage. So, if a private company like a moviemaker can get away with it, I'm sure LE can! (Not picking on LE, BTW)

About AB's Bond...everyone remember SCOTT PETERSON? He was out and roaming around...the cops wanted him out...they tailed him...what did scott peterson do? Yep he went to the area where the bodies were found, before they were found. Perhaps LE are hoping for something like this too. *shrug* moo

I will see if I can get you a link-I remember a no body case that luminol showed a massive area of blood spatter-floor, walls and ceiling. The room had been emptied on a move, but investigators could see the partial outline of the bedboard once they applied the luminol. The blood typed to the victim and a definitive statement could be made, IIRC, that no one could have survived that kind of blood loss. I will see what I can find.

Wow, you guys are awesome!

Can someone here explain to me exactly how bail works? Specifically, bail bonds and such?

You can pay 10% of your bail amount (7,000 = $700) to get out, but you have to have two people sign for your bail basically saying that you will pay the remaining fee and/or show up to court on your charges.

If you don't come back for your court date/to repay the bailsman, that is when they sick the bounty hunters after you.

I believe. (I used to watch a lot of TV, so that's my reference.)

Thanks PunkNLuv! Did they put up curtains on the front windows where we took photos last night? It's odd that they have that many officers out back and they only had one yesterday.

No. He said the side window (the bedroom that was allegedly Zahra's)had like a white curtain/blanket over it.He didn't look around back though.

Good morning SH!! Can I link your photobucket off my facebook page? I have several friends who are emotionally invested with this case like we all are. One girlfriend's pc is kaput and she is using my facebook for the majority of her news :)

Gosh darn, you two are the bestest!

Aren't they! And SherlockHomey too. I love their hats. What are we calling Punk's hubby? besides

THEABSOLUTEBESTESTHUSBANDANDBOOTSONTHEGROUNDEVER!

Originally Posted by big4dropout
"I'm wondering this, as well. Are you talking about all the damage to the home and the fact that it's owned by MC?

Not to mention the fact that they will be hard pressed to ever get a tenant in there again, even once repairs are made. "

That's what made me wonder but then I realized that I'm sure it happens in many cases (landlords, leased vehicles, warehouses, etc.) ... and I just didn't know if those persons are just SOL:waitasec:

In Ontario, the house that Paul Bernardo lived in was eventually destroyed. I would hope that something similar is done to this house when LE is done with it. I can't imagine ANYONE ever being able to live there again.

Aren't they! And SherlockHomey too. I love their hats. What are we calling Punk's hubby? besides

THEABSOLUTEBESTESTHUSBANDANDBOOTSONTHEGROUNDEVER!

LOL, Punky called her hub the HUBSTER in one post. :floorlaugh:

I think you might get a glow throughout the room if there were cleaning products applied...perhaps bleach to use an example.

I read about a case a while back (not sure how long--it could be years ago, the older I get the more I lose track of time) and IIRC the crime had taken place in a trailer, which the perpetrator tried to clean with bleach. I remember (I think) that LE used the extensive bleach in the trailer to help prove their case, as it implied an attempt to destroy evidence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18