NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So then are all search warrants (if not sealed) are public info and if so where do you find them?

To answer your question in a broad way that is non-specific to the SW for Zahra's case. (That way when you follow another case you can apply the knowledge too).

Yes they are public info if not sealed.

Where do you find them?

The media most of the time (not all of the time) will get them (courthouse) and make them available on the internet.

Or

If you are local and have time you can go down and get a copy yourself.

FWIW, over on the KC threads we have a member that gets all the docs submitted to the courts on that case and uploads them to the internet :)

all JMHO.

I was wondering the same thing myself!

My hubster said it looks like something they may have just found on the property. It looks like the spring off an air line for an 18-wheeler or a spring-acted probe rod.

*the probe rod can be used for digging around fiberoptic wires, pipe, etc...it springs back on something hard but doesnt spring as much for sort or freshly compacted dirt , thats why its coiled(does that make any sense, LOL)

OR

* the 18 wheeler air line spring they use. I told him it looked like it had a handle and he said some do.

I hope this vague info helps.

ETA~ sorry he was in a hurry and explained the best he could. I may have translated it wrong

veggy-mite? (isn't that the disgusting tasting stuff that Aussies like to eat on bread?) sorry ot - just couldn't help myself. . . . i will be good, i will be good . . . .

LOL veggy-mite is brown and i didnt like it either!

The white bag to me looks like it has the equipment they are using in that search area in to protect them from the elements until they are retrieved or picked back up.

It is not a human body or evidence in the case or it would not be unattended, unlabeled, not secured

I don't think it came out of the hole because it is way too clean, and would be evidence (see above point about unattended evidence).

They would have lots of tools in the area from the search and the digging, and supplies to collect and label the evidence.

moo

Does anyone know if that house had septic or were they on public sewer system?

I don't want to get too deep into this, but I would like to point out that everyone here is anonymous unless they choose to say who they are, and only rarely is there a situation where Tricia will check on this information. The only information the staff here has that the members do not is the email address you use, unless you have chosen to disclose that. We don't have anyone's real name (unless they tell us), nor is there even a place to keep track of it in the Board software.

So if you are sending confidential information in a PM, how do you know the recipient is entitled to see it?

I want to agree with for the record here! DH and I could choose to "go public" here (via Tricia) but we prefer the anonymity. I have all kinds of inside information of Capital Murder cases, police deaths, the "Barefoot Bandit" (lol....but true) but I'd rather just stay behind the kitty. jmo....

My hubster said it looks like something they may have just found on the property. It looks like the spring off an air line for an 18-wheeler or a spring-acted probe rod.

*the probe rod can be used for digging around fiberoptic wires, pipe, etc...it springs back on something hard but doesnt spring as much for sort or freshly compacted dirt , thats whay its coiled(does that make any sense, LOL)

OR

* the 18 wheeler air line spring they use. I told him it looked like it had a handle and he said some do.

I hope this vague info helps.

In the photo before that one number 6 i think it is are all this pink flags evidence flags?

My husband often wrapped his large tools in plastic bags. The ones he didn't use very often. That's what it looks like to me also.

Wow, just barely caught up--amazed with our local sleuths (and sleuthy spouses!) who are giving us eyes into what is happening, sometimes before the media can. Thank you so much.

On the slideshow here http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/25548990/detail.html, I was struck by how many of the pink marker flags they had placed. I'm also curious what the springy thing is in slide 7!

Curious to know if a wood splitter has been discussed at all in this case, or was it just the wood chipper that we know of? teh's picture of the chainsaw upthread got me thinking about other equipment that AB would have had at his disposal...

The person who says she is biomum and is verfied on another site as such has stated they had joint custody.

I appreciate the qualifiers. More than one of us has his or her doubts about the matter.

Well chit....I'm not anyone so I can't act like I have things I could say. But I do wonder what type of dog they just brought in.

I believe it's a type of soil probe. It allows you to screw down into the dirt, soil. JMO

I agree darlin. I saw one of those on TV recently (not a crime show, actual news footage) they were using something that looked exactly like that (shot from afar so I didn't see a close up) and they used it to determine if the soil had been disturbed underneath by a possible burial, or to feel for the body in the news coverage I remember.

Good call :) All JMHO

I believe it's a type of soil probe. It allows you to screw down into the dirt, soil. JMO

I've never seen one that looks like a coiled spring though. It is unusual looking to me.

God they are REALLY digging up that yard! But I'm puzzled by the side yard. If items/Zahra were buried on the property, wouldn't they do it 'behind' the house which would be more out of view of neighbors?

Such a strong possibility of today being 'the day' IMO.

(still wishing for a Zahra forum if only for the next couple of days) :)

Does anyone know if that house had septic or were they on public sewer system?

Public sewer gibby. The link to the info was posted by elepher but I don't remember which thread, I'm sorry.

Well chit....I'm not anyone so I can't act like I have things I could say. But I do wonder what type of dog they just brought in.

LOL! I'm not anyone either... LOL Hurray to mediocrity!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_a_supervillain