NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How appropriate. A 40 something woman listening to White Zombie music

Now now, I am forty *cough* something and dance around the house to my daughter's music selections, which include Lady Gaga and a few other people I don't know the names of.

Back to this poor angel...I have to wonder a bit with her existing medical conditions wouldn't she have had to have more frequent visits to her various MD's? Or were they not taking her? I can't help but wonder what was going on, if she was in case management due to the cancers if they missed something that was going on at home. From what wee bit I know in reviewing medical files (insurance job for many years) that especially with a child with cancer there are mental health assessments during treatment. I'm going to add the addendum here that I'm looking at it from one point of view, I am not a nurse or doctor. If there is abuse here I wonder really how recent or long term it was.

Sorry, just thinking out loud...or typing in this case.

I would like to hear from kcsmom when she returns whether she noticed these hordes of people in cars and with cameras terrorizing the neighborhood.

Seems the best thing would be to put up unavoidably noticeable signs "Private Property - Trespassers Will Be Prosecuted" and then call the police when people violate it.

From the pictures, it surely didn't look like there were hoardes of people. In fact, quite the opposite. It looked quiet and peaceful.

No doubt. They sure would do it if this person asked. We only want to help not hurt people.

That's not exactly what I meant. :)

I understand it's human nature to want more details about things.

But, sometimes a line needs to be drawn.

So I've been trying to understand why the prosthetic was taken with her. Even if this were an abduction (which we now know isn't true), that makes no sense at all. Grab and go. Isn't that the scenario? So of course it makes no sense. Especially when trying to make it look like an abduction. Why take the leg, too?

I just don't get it, but there's something to it. Did SM sell it? Are they worth anything resold? Are they marked with identifiers like a VIN?

sorry...rambling....this has made me SO sad. :(

Something I would like cleared up, if anyone knows. Did Zahra's dad get home from his work trip around the time she was reported missing (as in, within minutes)? Is that how he found out - the second he got home, stepmom said, "Zahra's gone!??" Or was he home for a time before she was discovered missing?

So I've been trying to understand why the prosthetic was taken with her. Even if this were an abduction (which we now know isn't true), that makes no sense at all. Grab and go. Isn't that the scenario? So of course it makes no sense. Especially when trying to make it look like an abduction. Why take the leg, too?

I just don't get it, but there's something to it. Did SM sell it? Are they worth anything resold? Are they marked with identifiers like a VIN?

Poor little angel was probably wearing it at the time she was drugged/tazed/dragged away -- whatever the case may be.

Shamrock, I would also like to know the answer to that one.

Yes, prosthetics have serial numbers.

Something I would like cleared up, if anyone knows. Did Zahra's dad get home from his work trip around the time she was reported missing (as in, within minutes)? Is that how he found out - the second he got home, stepmom said, "Zahra's gone!??" Or was he home for a time before she was discovered missing?

Supposedly he got home and was out doing stuff in the yard when stepmom came flying out the door screaming that Zahra was gone (which seems like an odd reaction for a ten year old, it is not a newborn you put down and expect to find in a crib at 2:30 in afternoon).

That's not exactly what I meant. :)

I understand it's human nature to want more details about things.

But, sometimes a line needs to be drawn.

I was trying to be nice. Old quote,"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness."

Supposedly he got home and was out doing stuff in the yard when stepmom came flying out the door screaming that Zahra was gone (which seems like an odd reaction for a ten year old, it is not a newborn you put down and expect to find in a crib at 2:30 in afternoon).

Agreed. Wouldn't you just step outside and calmly ask the husband if the child is outdoors with him or whether he's seen her before getting hysterical? That was something that struck me as very odd when he mentioned it during his interview on GMA yesterday.

Prosthetics are mostly manufactured of metal and polys (plastics) now correct? I am sorry to sound dumb but they aren't the wooden legs of old, they are very hightech nowadays right?

Does anyone know if the police have released any sort of photo or drawing of what Zahra's prosthetic looks liek so people can be on the lookout for it?

I am also wondering if a small "brush fire" in a pile of mulch would have been hot enough to burn a prosthetic? I would think no but maybe someone with more knowledge can give me their thoughts?

http://www.news.com.au/world/fbi-hu...er/story-e6frfkyi-1225937873915#ixzz12ASAohYi

"I wouldn't like to think so but going off what I've heard so far, it could be possible," Mr Baker said. He said he last saw his daughter on Thursday night and did not realise she was missing until Saturday.

" came back from looking at a job and started some work in the yard and heard her mother [Elisa] come out and started screaming that Zahra was missing.

"She didn't know very much. She came out screaming and panicking, telling me Zahra was gone.

"I went inside searched the house, started searching around the block, called the police."

I was reading her blog entry from September 13, 2008 and she's had brain cancer 3 times????? Has this been in other reports at all? This thread is moving too fast for me to keep up.

At the time this happened the SM probably wasn't planning on this looking like an abduction. I doubt she planned it really. She probably told the little girl she was taking her someplace and then something happened, she lost her temper. Then, she had to think of something to explain why the girl had suddenly disappeared. So she pulled the old ransom note scheme.

Agreed. Wouldn't you just step outside and calmly ask the husband if the child is outdoors with him or whether he's seen her before getting hysterical? That was something that struck me as very odd when he mentioned it during his interview on GMA yesterday.

I agree!! If she's innocent, why would she freak out suddenly without even looking around for Zahra first??

I have my own thoughts and "gut feelings" on why her leg wasn't found; but for now, I will keep them to myself.

Any news on any searches going on?

Prosthetics are mostly manufactured of metal and polys (plastics) now correct? I am sorry to sound dumb but they aren't the wooden legs of old, they are very hightech nowadays right?

Does anyone know if the police have released any sort of photo or drawing of what Zahra's prosthetic looks liek so people can be on the lookout for it?

I am also wondering if a small "brush fire" in a pile of mulch would have been hot enough to burn a prosthetic? I would think no but maybe someone with more knowledge can give me their thoughts?

It might melt the plastic. The metal, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs. Lopes