NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the sign says....

"private property" "residents and their guests only"

the road is a private road for use of residents and guests for ingress, egress, and regress only.
my friends... Residents and their guests only. Period full stop. Thank you.

Karen Baker was also in tears late yesterday and said from her Newcastle home that her son was devastated.
"We want our darling girl back safe and sound," she said.
Mrs Baker begged anyone in her son's home town in the US to come forward with information.
"We are just stunned and shocked and so upset about what has happened," she said.
"Adam is obviously very upset, but he is holding up.
"The North Carolina police have been in constant contact, keeping us up to date with what is going on, but there is nothing we can do from here - we feel so helpless."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world/fbi-hu...er/story-e6frfkyi-1225937873915#ixzz12AH9hrBt

I'd like to know when the last time this grandmother, or any other relative in Australia, actually spoke to Zahra. It would be strange not to maintain at least occasional phone contact, though not necessarily odd if it was only a few times a year. You would think that if they'd spoken to her by phone occcasionally, they'd have gotten a sense if something was seriously wrong. And that if they'd never been allowed to speak to her by phone, they'd have been concerned enough to notify Australian authorities, who would be able to check on her in the US via consular channels.

To those who are visiting or going by the former residence in Sawmills on Phillips Lane.

A family member currently resides in this home with her two daughters. All the attention has frightened these to children to the point they will not sleep or go to the bus stop. Police have tried to calm them but with all the strangers in cars taking pictures and the useless reporters, who have no sense of when to leave people alone when asked, have done nothing more than serve to frighten there two children as well as others in this once quite place.

There enough pictures out there so I beg all of you people riding through or by and reporters to please think about how YOU are now victimizing these two children and other children by continuing to frighten them even more in addition to being frightened by the current events.

Better yet the property is not a public road nor public property so legally the ONLY people allowed access are the residents, visitors, and police all others need to STAY OUT.

I'm not sure how many of the people you need to reach are going to notice your post here since I'm sure most driving by are not our WS members.

Perhaps it might be more helpful if the property owner temporarily puts up a sign or poster at the entrances reading something along the lines of, "Private Property -- Do Not Enter." I would bet most have no clue unless there are signs posted and can't really be faulted too much if there aren't.

I'm sorry the children are frightened. I hope someone is available to counsel them and explain that whatever has happened to Zahra wasn't a stranger abduction and will not happen to them.

The victim was seen alive after they moved from the residence in Sawmills.

No further victimization of innocence others needs to happen from this horrible crime. People riding by, slowing down, glaring and peeping in windows, and taking pictures of a residence not suspected by police of being the place of a crime is uncalled for. The police have been there ONLY to interview the former neighbors for information.

The neighbors for those wanting to know did call the Caldwell County DSS and file a compliant about the abuse and nothing to their knowledge was ever done.

DO NOT go to this property or you may be arrested for trespassing on private property.

Your request has been made and noted. There are major inconvenience to many people who don't deserve it when things like this happen. People drove by and took pictures of my mother in laws house when she was killed, a reporter taped the eulogy at a private service and printed it without permission, People magazine published pictures of her body bag being carried out of the house without family cooperation.

I think many people responded kindly to requests to respect the people who still live in the area. That is all you can do. Threatening people is not going to help your cause.

I am sorry this is upsetting for you. I have walked in the shoes and it is a nightmare, no question, but you can't lash out the people who are watching the story develop. They didn't cause the pain, the perp did.

Are we going to sleuth this case or talk about no trespassing on and on?

I wasn't upset because of pitbulls dear. I was upset because she wasn't allowed to take her kitties for whatever reason, yet dad/SM was able to have their dogs.

I have a pit myself.

Knew exactly what you meant. :blowkiss:
Just thought it might be a good idea for people to think in a direction away from the 'pit bull' association.

(Got one myself. And she is AWESOME. :) )

I am trying to prevent the victimization of two other children and other children who were frightened by <persons> stopping and getting out of the car and started taking picture and asking if this is the place. It scared the hell out of them in addition to the current event.

I think we understand. Good job. We are sure not the people you need to warn. We are about helping not hurting. Like I said before call the police and have them do drive by or sit out in front of the house.

I am trying to prevent the victimization of two other children and other children who were frightened by an <persons> stopping and getting out of the car and started taking picture and asking if this is the place. It scared the hell out of them in addition to the current event.

The one person who reads/posts here that went to one of teh Baker's residences has already stated that she will not be returning to the property or harrassing anyone as requested during face to face conversation with current occupant.

We are all very sorry this case is affecting you negatively and would very much like to respect your wishes for privacy.

Unfortunately, I think the majority of your lookyloos are not from this site. I wish you and your family well during this crazy mess of publicity and once again, I am so sorry this case is affecting your little ones adversely.

Is there any way that police can step up patrols near your home or somethign in order to discourage the pushy onlooker sort?

I'm not sure how many of the people you need to reach are going to notice your post here since I'm sure most driving by are not our WS members.

Perhaps it might be more helpful if the property owner temporarily puts up a sign or poster at the entrances reading something along the lines of, "Private Property -- Do Not Enter." I would bet most have no clue unless there are signs posted and can't really be faulted too much if there aren't.

I'm sorry the children are frightened. I hope someone is available to counsel them and explain that whatever has happened to Zahra wasn't a stranger abduction and will not happen to them.

Sherbie, you have just said what I've been trying to put into words for several minutes. Thank you!!

The two children in addition the mother have now become additional victims of this crazy woman Elisa Baker.

I have posted this on other forms as well and the owner is posting additional signs.

Can I point out something? If you are posting this in many places all you are doing is drawing more attention, and you will see more people. Just call the police and let them help you, I'm sure they will.

The two children in addition the mother have now become additional victims of this crazy woman Elisa Baker.

I have posted this on other forms as well and the owner is posting additional signs.

That is all you can do, in addition to asking the police to add patrols.
As long as there is media interest the people who live there are going to be inconvenienced. The adults around them need to keep them calm and explain why everyone is there.

The news stations posted live webcams of the Anthony home and swarmed the neighborhood for weeks. I am not saying it is right, I am just saying you cannot stay at this level of wound up and think you are helping the kids. You will just add to their stress level and perception of danger.

As long as the case is unsolved and of public interest there are going to be people there.

I am trying to prevent the victimization of two other children and other children who were frightened by <persons> stopping and getting out of the car and started taking picture and asking if this is the place. It scared the hell out of them in addition to the current event.

Wow, it's a shame that the neighbor a poster talked to never said a word nor did the resident of the house in question.

I think you have clearly made your point and do not see a need for you to continue trying to make people feel bad.

Are we going to sleuth this case or talk about no trespassing on and on?

I'm sure the trespassing issue is no big deal to you but it would seem it is to the poster. As I am sure it would be to you if you were living there. I don't think there is any harm in reassuring this poster. Besides, you never know when someone local is going to ahve relevant info. I woudl rather make riends than be rude or abrupt to someone.

Thats just me.

Okay back to sleuthing.

I think we understand. Good job. We are sure not the people you need to warn. We are about helping not hurting. Like I said before call the police and have them do drive by or sit out in front of the house.

IMO, the police have their hands full.

Chasing looky-loos should not be necessary.

SM if on drugs may break down from withdrawal????

I really wish our LEOs were allowed to offer drugs to drug addicts in exchange for the addicts providing verifiable information about a case. Would speed up lots of investigations and save taxpayers bazillions in investigative costs, and probably even save some innocent lives. Your average meth or heroine or cocaine or even alcohol addict who's overdue for their next hit doesn't care about *anything* except getting it. They'd sing like canaries if they knew police could really give them even one dose of what they want, for giving real answers.

I would like to hear from kcsmom when she returns whether she noticed these hordes of people in cars and with cameras terrorizing the neighborhood.

Seems the best thing would be to put up unavoidably noticeable signs "Private Property - Trespassers Will Be Prosecuted" and then call the police when people violate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member