Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me this is rumor.
My mother told me about 5 minutes ago that "the body of the little girl with one leg has been found."
My Mom can't remember the station where she saw and heard the news! Over Eighty years old and not the best memory.

I've been frantically searching three TVs in our home to try and see what I can find.

There is an outstanding warrant on Adam Baker. Adkins said Monday afternoon that Baker has been cooperating with investigators, and “the process will be served at the appropriate time.”
http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/11/search-zahra-ar-451147/

I read somewhere else that the outstanding warrants on Adam are also for misdemeanors such as writing bad checks, but unfortunately I don't have the link for that. It was on a website where you can look up outstanding charges and such. His middle initial is T if that helps anyone who knows how to search those things.

ETA: I just saw that we're not allowed to link the site. Sorry.

Looking at video's of the "crime scene" (I guess) it appears as though someone's been taking down trees at this residence. There are several newly cut lengths of whole logs lying about. There appears, in this video, an orange piece of equipment. Add that together with mulch piles, I'm wondering if this piece of equipment is a wood chipper.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/12/north.carolina.missing.girl/index.html?npt=NP1

The video is titled "ransom note found"

Thank you. In the documents it appeared that Coffey and his daughter were at the residence when the firefighters were at the home. :confused:

I noticed that too and thought it was odd. But if he owns the home, it makes sense. Maybe Elise called him about the fire? Or maybe he lives near there and saw it? Strange also that he would bring his daughter along, IMO.

THANK YOU Darlin_Gal! BUT----what was that warrant FOR??? Hope that info comes out soon...

IIRC it was for checks and for the same threat charge that SM was charged with.

I'd give you the link to the charges but it's on a site we can't link to. If you google Adam T Baker charges they will show up.

My mother told me about 5 minutes ago that "the body of the little girl with one leg has been found."
My Mom can't remember the station where she saw and heard the news! Over Eighty years old and not the best memory.

I've been frantically searching three TVs in our home to try and see what I can find.

I hope your mom heard right , Prayers.....

UPDATE for those just joining the thread:

"Elisa Baker, Zahra's stepmother, made the admission in an interview Monday night at the detention center where she is held on charges unrelated to Zahra's disappearance, Adkins told reporters. She then requested an attorney, he said.

Police have obtained an arrest warrant for Elisa Baker on a felony charge of obstruction of justice, Adkins said.

The chief said residents want to form search teams to look for Zahra, but said since police do not know when the child disappeared, they cannot select an area to search." <snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/12/north.carolina.missing.girl/index.html?eref=rss_crime

THANK YOU Darlin_Gal! BUT----what was that warrant FOR??? Hope that info comes out soon...

The article I saw it in said he was wanted on the same larceny/bad check writing charges, and the incident where Bentley was run of the road and threatened by stepmom (Adam was driving).

It said they were holding off serving the warrant as long as he was cooperating (ie not asking for a lawyer).

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5677232&postcount=85"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 #3[/ame]

kimsters post about scanner rewind

Here's something else I find strange. So the dad was gone on a work trip. Do we know how long? I hadn't seen that mentioned but I have been skimming everything as I'm trying to catch up and may have missed it.

Anyway, he's gone from home for a while (even more than a day is long for me when I miss my kids!) and he didn't check on his daughter when he got home?? Even if I got home in the middle of the night, I would go into my kids' bedrooms to kiss their foreheads or something. I find it really odd that he didn't do something similar. But, maybe he just wasn't an affectionate father.

I haven't heard that. There was a female body discovered but I believe it was the body of a missing woman in the area.

This is an article from yesterday, but this should clear up any confusion:

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Search-warrant-reveals-new-details-in-Zahra-Baker-case-104736309.html
<snip>

"According to the search warrant, police were called to the Baker home early Saturday morning to investigate a mulch fire and gas poured inside an SUV. Officers found a ransom note on the SUV, written to a "Mr. Coffey," a man identified as Adam Baker's boss.
The ransom note demanded $1 million in exchange for the return of Coffey’s daughter.
Police checked on Coffey and his daughter, and both are fine."

The way I read it is that there was concern about Coffey's daughter, so LE checked in on the Coffey residence..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck