NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that it was a chemical process that would actually seep into the air ,wall,etc . I thought that is how the gas test for decomp worked.

Yes and no, but the dogs are indicating where a body has been, generally in contact with. The gas test does collect gases that are being emitted from the decomp fluids and tissues.

And if a body had been in the room for a couple of weeks or so the dry wall would and carpet would probably be saturated in a way that the dogs would hit on in even if the body never touched it, but much like the Caylee Anthony case at that point of decomp it would be apparent before the dogs confirmed it.

In this case we are probably talking a couple of day so on the longest side. The dogs can tell that a body has been in contact with sheet for as little as an hour, but an hour after the person has died and the sheets are scented, the walls are not going to be.

So if she was in the house deceased for 12-48 hours as an example and her mattress and bedding are gone there is likely nothing for the dogs to hit on.

Maybe the mattress and bed rails and whatnot is for the dogs to find a live person?

Is decomp specific to individuals? Does one deceased individual smell differently from other deceased individuals? Does "live smell" translate to decomp smell?

Do I believe I'm even curious about this? Gah!

lynn

Valhall has just posted some photos from Zahra's mother showing two adorable photos of Zahra as a baby and a child.

Valhall said: { Oct 28, 2010 - 08:10:14 }

Biomum has allowed me to share two of the most precious pictures of Zahra as a baby. Here she is in 2000 as a bucket full of happy beautiful baby!

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/1...eview-of-yesterdays-activities/#comment-84296

Oh, God, those pictures rip my heart out!!! How could anyone.... anyone.... call this OBVIOUSLY beautiful, angelic soul "The Dark Child", and how could anyone harm her??? I feel sick, and I am filled with rage and despair. I have to go work out or blow the crap out of something now... Thank you for sharing those pictures. I will stand by Zahra forever, and as much as it hurts, I want to know, I need to know what happened to her. She deserves people that care to know what happened, and she deserves justice. She deserves someone to cry for her, and wish that hey had held her in their arms. I wish I could have known her before this horror.

When I got home this evening, I started going through the photos, looking more closely I saw what looked like blood on the clear plastic wadded up on the front porch. I asked hubby what he thought and he said that's exactly what it looked like to him too but he would think it would not just be sitting on the porch. (See photos)
One thought. I think in some pictures taken yesterday (can't remember if they were from you or PunkNLuv) it seems as though one of the rooms that showed through a window was painted a red color. Maybe they just repainted (trying to cover up a mess?) and this was their drop cloth?

so did a dog get a hit or not? If NOT then I'm leaning to Zahra never lived in that house. THey wanted it to appear like she was though.

Well, it would seem all articles agree that they hit inside the house. Differing stories outside I believe.

Valhall has just posted some photos from Zahra's mother showing two adorable photos of Zahra as a baby and a child.

Biomum has allowed me to share two of the most precious pictures of Zahra as a baby. Here she is in 2000 as a bucket full of happy beautiful baby!

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/1...eview-of-yesterdays-activities/#comment-84296

If that indeed is the biomom, and that story is true (lots of details some of our Aussie friends might be able to check out) then we have a motive and just maybe Zahra isn't dead, but AB and EB want everyone to think she is. Read what the biomom said....she ended up contacting a friend, that friend contacted someone and asked if it was possible to communicate..the answer was "Flat out NO" did that person go and tell AB and EB? Is that why the ransom note? Is that why the toss out of her leg? Wow if her story is true, a ton of more theory's. Giving that the news article above posted said Dogs didn't hit on decomp. Now I'm totally LOST

One thought. I think in some pictures taken yesterday (can't remember if they were from you or PunkNLuv) it seems as though one of the rooms that showed through a window was painted a red color. Maybe they just repainted (trying to cover up a mess?) and this was their drop cloth?

The room looked to be pink and not red but I suppose that's possible. You can judge for yourself when the photos are finished uploading.

This is why I have said I am so baffled by the posters who think AB is a victim of his spouse and he is just clueless. As I have said, I have respect for their opinions and I actually want to believe as they do because it would mean that Z had a loving parent in the house and bright spot to her home environment.

But I don't believe that, didn't believe before the call was released, but after it is released it is so calm, so patient, and so spoonfeeds a story they clearly worked out well in advance.

There is no way this is a parent that found out moments ago that his child is missing (whether by kidnapper, or because his spouse is leading him to believe it) and has put absorbed all that has happened with mistaken identity, the kidnapper thinking the car belongs to his boss because it is the work vehicle, thinking it is the boss's house because he owns it and they rent it, that he hasn't seen his kid because she is moody, and they must have taken the leg because he knows that is gone too.

Supposedly he isn't involved, he is just slow and maybe naive? He absorbed this story in great detail in the course of minutes and during great emotional trauma?

That dog don't hunt for me.....

Quick question regarding AB and his apparent calmness and the current charges he has been bonded on.

Would it be possible for LE to have some details regarding previous arrests for AB to see what his presence was like during interviews or processing or any other information for how he has dealt with LE in the past?

IIRC BB was the one that was said she did not even know they had moved. This was the person who took out the charges against EB and AB. IIRC this was one of the first interviews she gave early in the case.

Brittany's Interview

My posts says: The neighbor told my husband while they were talking yesterday that when she spoke to BS last week she said that she had been with Zahra the Thursday before she went missing - October 9th. Not the neighbors were spending time with Zahra.

Ahhh, thanks I totally misread that! So clarifying and confirming. BS told a neighbor that she was with Zahra on Oct. 7th. Correct?

Oh, how absolutely darling! What a little sweetpea! She looks so full of happiness and personality in those pictures.

The bio-mom's comments in a subsequent post are so poignant and painful. She had located Zahra only DAYS before she disappeared after years of trying to find her. Also, through a friend she says she tried to ask the grandmother, KB, whether they might have some email communication and was rebuffed.

Makes one wonder, with the timing and the possibility grandma could have tipped AB off, whether knowing that bio-mom had found them might have played any role in Zahra's disappearance.

I also remember articles saying the dogs hit in the backyard, so now we have articles saying both (guess we always did, just missed that or more likely discounted it and buried it).

I've been pondering this because I thought so too.

Decomp smell is based on a set of chemicals that are released as the body breaks down called "Cadaverines". You can actually purchase this chemical to train your dog with. I would love to work with someone someday in this area, because I would never presume to be so presumptuous as to think just because I could purchase it online and "train" my dogs that myself or my dogs would be worth a damn at anything - much less finding a deceased human.

You guys have to read what biomom said under those baby pictures it is located. It gives motive, and a possibility maybe she isn't dead. I think AB learned that his X found where they were...and in haste they cooked up a sloppy kidnapping plan...now it turned into homicide. I think she isn't dead!

contact with KB was oct 5th...Zahra goes missing on the 7th right?

Maybe the mattress and bed rails and whatnot is for the dogs to find a live person?

Is decomp specific to individuals? Does one deceased individual smell differently from other deceased individuals? Does "live smell" translate to decomp smell?

Do I believe I'm even curious about this? Gah!

lynn

lol! WS will do that to you. :D

Oh, how absolutely darling! What a little sweetpea! She looks so full of happiness and personality in those pictures.

The bio-mom's comments in a subsequent post are so poignant and painful. She had located Zahra only DAYS before she disappeared after years of trying to find her. Also, through a friend she says she tried to ask the grandmother, KB, whether they might have some email communication and was rebuffed.

Makes one wonder, with the timing and the possibility grandma could have tipped AB off, whether knowing that bio-mom had found them might have played any role in Zahra's disappearance.

Yes, I am thinking the same thing, and cannot believe I skipped past that information without realising the significance earlier! Depending on when Zahra died, I am thinking this 'discovery' was either motive for murder, or motive to report missing an already murdered Zahra.

If KB knew, AB knew. Puts him back in the frame as the main culprit in my mind, the more I find out about Adam Baker, the guiltier he looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx