NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at a loss as to how they were able to get EB to confess to the ransom note, but nothing else. She confesses to that and shuts up? Why even admit to that? I just don't get how they can get her to own up to the fake ransom note, but nothing else.

I believe because immediately after owning up to the fake ransom note - she lawyered up.

It was a representative from the Sheriff's office on *IIRC* the day they found the leg/the day before they announced they had found it. He said during a brief presser that they were looking for "parts of evidence" and some of us at the time thought it was an odd phrasing. This would have been last Tuesday, again IIRC...

Before this they were searching the Baker home.

They found the leg.

Went straight back to Baker home to sift through the mulch?

Is this the correct time line?

Investigators have confirmed that the prosthetic leg discovered last Wednesday off Christie Road in Caldwell County is in fact the left prosthesis of Zahra Baker.

Hickory Police Department said on Monday that medical records obtained from Australia where the prosthetic leg was originally fitted matched the serial number on the leg. A scanner was used to extract the serial number from a transponder placed inside the prosthesis.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

Transponder??? Is this like an idenity chip they place in pets? Or is this like a GPS chip? :waitasec:

I think homeschooling was just an excuse and if EB in deed did tell the school she was homeschooling then they would have alerted to someone to check on it. All the homeschoolers I know are very much visible in a lot of public ways. Zahra was not seen in the neighborhood recently. But throwing homeschoolers in a group statement is isn't any different than throwing stepparents into a group and say all stepparents need to be closely supervised because steppaprents do bad things to their kids. There were plenty of flags in this case because of what was seen and Zahra is still gone. All just my opinion.

vjlaw BRILLIANT!!! TY for saying it so much better than I could.
These crimes that are commited, then HS being focused on usually comes from people that dont know much about HS.
I am 55 yo and was one that was against HS ,because I really didnt know anything about it, only what I heard here and there,
today, we are a HS, teaching our 11 yo , weve tried both for her, public school and HS, we will not turn back.
As i type she is loved,safe,protected,& educated.
I know many public school abused children, and 0 verified HS children.
Anyone can say they Homeschool & anyone can say they send their kids to school, doent make it true.
I usually dont argue too long about this subject because it amounts to how much someone really knows about the educational system in todays world.
DSS, and Zahras previous school ignored Zahras silent plea, IMHO

I don't wan't to sound sick here.... but given the length of time spent in Zahra's room and the different glowing lights... I pray that they find a bloody fingerprint on her prosthetic leg....

Not sick at all Froggie.....it is what it is, and what we ALL want is justice for this precious little girl!!!! A very clear bloody fingerprint (or several) would be a HUGE blessing!!!!

Sherlockhomey is the tarp-sheet - showercurtain your talking about the big gray one or the little blue one to the right?

I made home visits and even accompanied social workers to homes to proctor end of grade testing for home schooled students when I worked in the school system. Of course, the parents were notified in advance of the testing dates, so there was time to stop any abuse and allow for healing before the actual event.

I worked with Behaviorally/Emotionally disturbed children so they received special services due to their diagnosis. We would make an unannounced home visit during every nine weeks grading period....but all school systems in NC are not alike and I don't know the criteria for other counties.

anyway, by the time this I finish this post, a new thread will have started and this topic will be 'old'. LOL!

MOO

wm

Thanks for your response, some ppl have said they didnt have to ans to anyone in homeschooling and i thought that odd.

Transponder??? Is this like an idenity chip they place in pets? Or is this like a GPS chip? :waitasec:

I thought this, too, Paintr. Only wish it was GPS chip, I doubt it is.

I am at a loss as to how they were able to get EB to confess to the ransom note, but nothing else. She confesses to that and shuts up? Why even admit to that? I just don't get how they can get her to own up to the fake ransom note, but nothing else.

IIRC They advised EB that a handwriting comparison (not analysis) showed her to be the author of the ransom note.

...the note was handwritten, so there wasn't much they had to do to get her to admit to that. ----and then she lawyered up/shut up

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/12/1756063/missing-girl-not-seen-by-outsiders.html

Adkins said police have charged Elisa Baker, 42, with felony obstruction of justice, in connection with her admission under questioning Monday night that she had written the ransom note. The police chief said Baker then asked for an attorney and did not answer additional questions.

I thought this, too, Paintr. Only wish it was GPS chip, I doubt it is.

If a GPS chip, it might explain why the leg was not left with Zahra's body. Or am I giving these two too much credit?

Just caught up, I know it has been discussed that Zahra may have become ill
with the info we have on EB and AB i dont think this was the case, incidently
i'm still on recovery from having sepsis with renal failure and pneumonia 3mths
ago it is very quick and i know i'm lucky!
Boo

Before this they were searching the Baker home.

They found the leg.

Went straight back to Baker home to sift through the mulch?

Is this the correct time line?

Without going all the way back thru the media timeline, I do believe it was:
Baker house (chipper)--> woodlot(other chipper)-->house(mattress)--> landfill(mattress2)-->Dudley Shoals-->Christie Rd(leg)--> house&yard&underhouse&underyard.

vjlaw BRILLIANT!!! TY for saying it so much better than I could.
These crimes that are commited, then HS being focused on usually comes from people that dont know much about HS.
I am 55 yo and was one that was against HS ,because I really didnt know anything about it, only what I heard here and there,
today, we are a HS, teaching our 11 yo , weve tried both for her, public school and HS, we will not turn back.
As i type she is loved,safe,protected,& educated.
I know many public school abused children, and 0 verified HS children.
Anyone can say they Homeschool & anyone can say they send their kids to school, doent make it true.
I usually dont argue too long about this subject because it amounts to how much someone really knows about the educational system in todays world.
DSS, and Zahras previous school ignored Zahras silent plea, IMHO

No one is saying anything against HS we just wanted some info on how and who the parents ans to.
If EB told the school Zahra was being homeschooled there should have been someone there to see that she had been enrolled in HS. Not just take a parents word for it but see that its followed thru. JMO

It's just an electronic ID tag (non-gps from what I understand)... they are starting to put them in dental pieces, now (dentures and partials).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee