NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if plea talks are going on or are about to get started.

So playing devil's advocate here, how can EB explain the leg being found is Zahra's and it was found in an area that she was cooperating by going to with LE? Coupled with the fake ransome note I am thinking this one is gonna be hard for defense to explain its way out of, particularly when by the time she cooperated on search efforts on Dudley Shoals and Crhisty Roads she HAD an attorney?
can't you just see the big ole' bus coming down the road??? Can you just imagine EB saying, this is where adam would dump our trash.. or something along those lines?

JMHO It looks way too big to be a shower curtain. I was trying to visually straighten it out and it looks to me like it would be several feet longer than either man in the pic is tall. It could possibly be a king sized sheet, Id say my best guess would be a drop cloth painters use. The color seems consistant with the ones my husband uses too. HTH.

Well now, a drop cloth would fit since it seems they were maybe concentrating on painting in the house. They did get some paintbrushes from the mulch pile and the plastic I saw on the front porch, someone suggested it was paint and not blood.

There probably have been preliminary talks going on since before EB ever set foot out of jail to "help" with the search.

Okay, I am left in the lurch here - anybody got a quick update - just got home form work and am like at least 6 pages behind.....pretty please ...:waitasec:

I do not imagine the leg had gps type equipment in it, more likely a scanrecognized code implanted, sort of like the ups code on grocery and retail items that the checker scans at the store.
Were there GPS tracking capabilities I am sure LE would have simply turned on their handy dandy trackers, punched in the code and went off and found it.

So playing devil's advocate here, how can EB explain the leg being found is Zahra's and it was found in an area that she was cooperating by going to with LE? Coupled with the fake ransome note I am thinking this one is gonna be hard for defense to explain its way out of, particularly when by the time she cooperated on search efforts on Dudley Shoals and Crhisty Roads she HAD an attorney?

Welllll.... Her only choices are to 'fess up and take full responsibility, or to blame someone else. Someone who forced her to write the ransom note even though she didn't want to. Someone who planted evidence around town near places she had lived, just to frame her. Someone who would NEVER admit to murdering Zahra. Someone whose DNA and fingerprints will be ALL OVER the home, the leg, the cars, maybe even the power bill envelope that the note was written on.

Look out AB. That noise behind you doesn't sound like the ice cream truck to me...

(All :cow: and :twocents: and :truce:)

Also on Monday, Elisa Baker, the stepmother of Zahra Baker, was indicted by a Grand Jury on an obstruction of justice charge related to the investigation of her missing 10-year-old stepdaughter.

Elisa Baker appeared in court in Burke County on Monday afternoon to face a larceny charge unrelated the 10-year-old girl's disappearance. No word yet on what transpired there.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

can't you just see the big ole' bus coming down the road??? Can you just imagine EB saying, this is where adam would dump our trash.. or something along those lines?

yeah, except she would still have to admit that the location was one he knew about from her as I believe it was reported that EB lived in the search area prior to (at least three years ago if I recall) AB's coming to America.

Okay, I am left in the lurch here - anybody got a quick update - just got home form work and am like at least 6 pages behind.....pretty please ...:waitasec:

Leg confirmed as Zahra's.

SM in court on unrelated charges.

LE still searching Baker house.

ETA...Oops! Forgot the Grand Jury is meeting today.

There probably have been preliminary talks going on since before EB ever set foot out of jail to "help" with the search.

my feel as well. Hence, the sudden cooperation during searchs for leg.

Welcome home!

Leg confirmed as Zahra's via transponder inside it/info from AUS :no:

and

No word yet from the hearing/grand jury :banghead:

and

We have not yet resolved certain issues with home schooling regulations in various states, but have a committee hard at work on it! :innocent:

Confirmation on the prosthesis is good - one step closer - excellent thanks!

We all pretty much knew the leg was Zahra's but to have it confirmed is still like a punch in the stomach. Means homicide is all the more likely IMO. Also means EB has some splaining to do. Search where she is "cooperating" and along for the ride is one that yielded prosthetic confirmed to be Z's?

That coupled with ransom confession. I think we may be headed to GJ folks. again moo.

"Ransom" note
Z's prosthetic leg found near EB's former house
Forensic/DNA evidence of Z's death

That spells murder indictment. Just a matter of time...

WOW to me that says a child can drop off the face of the earth! Whos to say the parent is really teaching the child and i could give my child straight A's
right? Whos to know

From my experience with HS in NC, the students receive a certificate from the state stating that they have met all requirements for the standard course of study for each school year.

MOO

wm

Also on Monday, Elisa Baker, the stepmother of Zahra Baker, was indicted by a Grand Jury on an obstruction of justice charge related to the investigation of her missing 10-year-old stepdaughter.

Elisa Baker appeared in court in Burke County on Monday afternoon to face a larceny charge unrelated the 10-year-old girl's disappearance. No word yet on what transpired there.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637
ok - now what does this mean? Does it mean there are no murder charges coming down? Or will they just add those to it? Why announce the obstruction charges and nothing else?

I'm comfuzzeled!!!!

This is my guess. With the way things are happening now, I believe she has already been offered a deal. LE has the task now of finding whatever evidence they can because what she has told them cannot be used against her, only what they find.
I hate to say it, it hurts to say it, but I believe little Zahra is right there in the yard, in bits and pieces.:furious:

Quick update: 21 21st Avenue NW, It appears that they are finishing up. They were clearing up their equipment around 4:30 when my husband was there. Bringing out the spotlights they used, winding up the extension cords, and raking. The guys from the mobile SBI lab showed up in a Mustang and went inside the lab. They were putting trash and stuff in garbage bags etc.
Have a few pictures I will upload when Petie gets home.

I skipped pages 15 - 21 because I wanted to get this info out. I'll go play catch-up now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway