NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm annoyed at the lack of reporting/news today. :(

AB says in the 911 call that he is the one who called his boss about the fire. The search warrant probable cause section indicates that Mr. Coffey was on the scene with his daughter before LE arrived at 530.

There were two separate 911 calls. One was made by EB in the early hours of the morning because the "backyard was on fire". (The paperwork with the SW states it was a small grass fire) Don't know off hand what exact time that call was placed but that is not the call where AB admitting to contacting his boss before the 911 call was placed. However it appears that he did the same thing with that first call that his wife placed. As she is calling 911, he is calling his boss?

The paperwork leading up to the search warrant the next day says....

"On 9/10/2010 at approximately 0520hrs, the Hickory Police Department was requested by the Hickory Fire Department to respond to the residence of 21 21st Avenue Northwest Hickory, North Carolina in reference to a small grass fire."

http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=460807

It goes on to state that officer Rollins showed up at 5:30am and Mr Coffey and his daughter were already there.

So whose idea was it for them to come to the house before the police even got there?

MOO

Does anyone else feel that our little Zahra needs her own forum?

I go back and forth. I think it would be beneficial for her to have her own as then we could have multiple threads devoted to the hearings, the social network chatter, the timelines, the debate over is AB involved isn't he, etc.

But I do understand the hesitation to create one as it is almost like an admission to some, as if by creating one, we are acknowledging that this case is going to linger for months and years to come, unresolved.

I see both sides. I have seen the forum question come up alot this week. I am sure the mods have it under consideration. They will let us know if and when we hit that point.

Just a little FYI - Back when it became known that Caylee Anthony went missing, we went through over 160 threads in ~ 6 weeks before Caylee got her own forum.

posted a week ago that admin was discussing it.

2 wrongs don't make a right. Or... that was not good also. That was a hot case from day 1. Just curious - does it cost extra money or ??? It must be a big deal to create a forum but IDK in what way. There's so many forums that have no activity as well.

do we have a copy of the ransom note? Dont think ive ever seen it. Also does anyone have the transcript of the 911 call AB made. Or atleast someone who can tell me where to go to get these things TIA

911 call transcript

http://www..com/2010/10/zahra-baker-911-call-by-father-read-transcript/

When EB cried as Zahra was given hearing aids, I thought she was sad for how nobody cared that much for her when she was a child. I'm guessing she got a rotten deal as a child herself, and she was jealous of Zahra's charm. I think the resentment grew and she hated the job she had thought she could handle just fine when she married AB.

JMO

i've mostly been a lurker, i just wanted to say hi to all the sleuthers :wave:

I sure hope today is zahra's day. I've pretty much been obsessed with this case ever since laying eyes on a picture of sweet zahra. My kids ask me every day how the case is going. My little mini sleuths :)

where are you sweet zahra?

welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMO

I have 6 kids, 5 of them still attending school. Making sure everyone is ready and has what they need for school on a daily basis is a time consuming task. That I LOVE!!!!

EB did not want to do any of these things with/for Zahra.
Wake up
Wash your hands and face
Eat breakfast
Get dressed/put pj's away/make your bed
Brush teeth
Arrive at school prepared and on time
Pick up after school
Snack/homework/projects/note from the nurse about immunization/PTA volunteer form/note from teacher-can you help in the classroom a couple of hours this week/Meet the teacher night/art show/choir concert.....and on and on

It appears as thought they moved right about the time when school was supposed to start. Did EB even know what school Zahra was supposed to attend at the new house? Did she care? Was there a school bus or was it within walking distance?

Do any of the locals know what school Zahra should have been attending and whether she would have been able to take a school bus or was she required to walk or get a drive from SM or her father?

any word from our sleuthy locals on whether any searches are obviously happening today and if so where?

Nothing that I have heard, seen or can find out. Eerily quiet.

I did read something on FB but not sure if I can bring that over here. Maybe someone can help me out.

So I've been trying to wrap my mind around the "why" of Zahra's disappearance.

Remember, just before Zahra went "missing," EB had begged the young lady who had taken out the charges against her to drop them. She was also facing all these other charges we've seen, and there was the possibility that her abuse of Zahra might come to light in the course of things.

It is my opinion that EB was in such a panic over it all that she tried to come up with a plan to get out of it. IMO, she simply thought no one would be so heartless as to punish a grieving "mom" of an "abducted" child, and she got rid of Zahra for the selfish convenience of it -- to garner sympathy and attempt to avoid punishment.

I honestly believe this is the simplest and most likely explanation.

I think that is quite possible. I don't think the timing is a coincidence.

I haven't said much, but have been following this case obsessively. Little Zahra has really gotten to me. It is so frustrating when we know there are 2 people who know what happened to her and we can't make them talk. Just popping in to say hi. I wish I had something significant to add to the conversation, but you guys have been so on the ball that I just sit back and follow along.

do we have a copy of the ransom note? Dont think ive ever seen it. Also does anyone have the transcript of the 911 call AB made. Or atleast someone who can tell me where to go to get these things TIA

I have been looking and looking for an image of the ransom note and come up with nothing. I would like to see the image, not the text only.

2 wrongs don't make a right. Or... that was not good also. That was a hot case from day 1. Just curious - does it cost extra money or ??? It must be a big deal to create a forum but IDK in what way. There's so many forums that have no activity as well.

IMO, what it takes is time to moderate another forum that would have many threads on a forum, whereas, with a case that maybe resolved soon, one thread is easier to moderate.

All cases are "hot" in the beginning and then sizzle down until more happens with either finding the missing person or if they arrest someone.

I agree with most of what you said, except that I think what created the panic was that Zahra was already gone. Some kind of mysterious "home inspection" was upcoming (we know that per LE), we know that DSS had been called yet again by family members, and we know that there was a call to BB from EB the evening prior to the fire (if we are to believe BB) asking BB to drop the charges. So, imo , it stands to reason that Zahra was already gone, things are closing in on EB/and/or AB and something has to be done to make this look like something other than what it truly was.

All just :cow: and speculation on my part.

I think it was all an elaborate plan, by EB (though I can't see how AB didn't know about any of it) and it was based on her getting ready to be in a lot of trouble. I don't think the timing of the impending court date was a coincidence, just like the ransom note was meant to show LE that the "kidnappers" were mixed up and thought they had the right house and took the wrong child... The fire out back and the gas soaked cars were meant to tie that all in as well as hide any evidence. Then if they "found" evidence they could blame it on the kidnappers.

IMO

JMO

I have 6 kids, 5 of them still attending school. Making sure everyone is ready and has what they need for school on a daily basis is a time consuming task. That I LOVE!!!!

EB did not want to do any of these things with/for Zahra.
Wake up
Wash your hands and face
Eat breakfast
Get dressed/put pj's away/make your bed
Brush teeth
Arrive at school prepared and on time
Pick up after school
Snack/homework/projects/note from the nurse about immunization/PTA volunteer form/note from teacher-can you help in the classroom a couple of hours this week/Meet the teacher night/art show/choir concert.....and on and on

I have four kids and I can relate to your list!! EB didn't want to bother. Too much work. Of course homeschoolin gis a ton more work than this. But EB never meant to homeschool that sweet girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne