NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they dismembered her and scattered her. Another horrible thought.

Graphic.

That is, of course, true, but depending on what bone it is, it is unlikely they took every part a part. I still contend that cause/manner of death should not be read into the finding of one bone until we hear more information. MOO.

I had to go to town to pick up my 12 yr old son and came home to a bone being found. I just got the biggest hug from my football player who said if a total stranger can make you cry this hard I hope nothing ever happens to one of us!

Wonder who the "new lead" is and if it were EB. Because if she is helping them this much, AB is going down for murder and her as an accessory. I can see it now.

Graphic.

That is, of course, true, but depending on what bone it is, it is unlikely they took every part a part. I still contend that cause/manner of death should not be read into the finding of one bone until we hear more information. MOO.

We have speculated on everything else, so I am not following why this would be off limits for speculation?

Considering completely skeletal remains and scattered remains would be a good indication of long ago she died, I personally find it a very valid conversation, but that is just me.

So we've talked quite a bit about the possibility of the prothetic being too small, painful and sore. I was just really looking at the "Dark Child" pic at Z's leg and how she is standing. The leg looks too small. Her right knee is bent as if to compensate for a height difference. I don't think it looks very comfortable. That said, to me it looks like she is bearing most of her weight on it.
Thoughts?

Since I'm particularily grumpy today and feeling a bit nasty LOL.

I'm hoping it was a KC moment when KC got to watch the news unfold about Caylee....

JMHO and grumpiness today.

Can I sit by you on the grumpy couch? I'm pretty grumpy myself.

So hoping this little one has been located at last....

Another thing to consider is that the bone they have found may very well have "cut" or "slice" marks on it. Not a pretty thought but if the letters are real then it should probably be considered.

True, sadly. But we still should give people some choice in how much they read on that side, especially since people close to the family might be reading.

I would feel awful if I contributed to peoples' misery right now.

I agree! ..and if family is reading..it may be a good time to not be, ykwim? I can't even imagine being in that position..reading anywhere online whats going on in real-time..AND peoples opinion of it..Dear Lord, I can't even go there :(..at the same time I don't think I would be able to turn it off...I would HAVE to know everything..Hopefully, closure of some sort in near..

eta~ducky, you have to be one of the most thoughtful people I have ever been Blessed enough to 'know'..and I luvs you for it..just wanted you to know..

We have speculated on everything else, so I am not following why this would be off limits for speculation?

Considering completely skeletal remains and scattered remains would be a good indication of long ago she died, I personally find it a very valid conversation, but that is just me.

I understood WhyADuck to be saying that we shouldn't automatically assume a separate bone implies a certain cause of death, not that we can't discuss it.

JMO

ducky, unfortunately, I'm afraid that there is no getting around the 'graphic talk' in this case. It's going to be disturbing..it already is..but I believe that it was Zahra's reality :(..just sayin' following this sad, sad case is not for the faint of heart..

bbm

Sums up a whole lot. So sad. Even though she's at peace now, it doesn't make up for what she must have gone through.

Wishing EB all the darkness she loves so much. I feel awful to think Zahra was walking on a too small leg while her parents played at being Goth. Oh Zahra!

If any of our guests are family members or friends of Zahra's...

This thread was created specifically for you to have the latest news info, and to also find support in your pain and possible grief.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116759"]NC NC - Zahra Baker - 10 years old - Hickory - 9 Oct 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

We don't speculate or theorize there. That way you can read the lastest info and not have to wade through opinions, speculation and theory about your loved one.

So that was, indeed, the "police statement":

A police statement issued Wednesday said the bone is being sent to the state medical examiner's office to see if it's linked to Zahra Baker, whose father reported her missing Oct. 9. The bone was recovered in neighboring Caldwell County, where the family lived until mid-September.
http://www2.wjtv.com/jtv/ap_exchang...-bone-tested-for-link-to-missing-girl/214717/

I see no way around this being horribly ugly. And if you think you can't deal with that, please be kind to yourself and don't read those posts. Back at the start of the CA case a wonderful long time poster pointed out that it was going to get bad and perhaps some should consider a different way of keeping up with the news, and I was so grateful for that. It kinda prepared me for what was to come. I want you all to stay, so don't misunderstand me, I'm just saying if this is your first WS case, be prepared. And remember we all have each other to lean on.........just sayin'.

I hope Adam is squirming in his BVDs right now. LE cares so much for Z and has shown so much emotions. Just imagine when they have to look at her remains?

They're coming up behind you Adam. Can you feel it?

Hang on baby girl. They are coming. It won't be long. Just whisper sweetie. They will find you.

Wow. Your post hit me deep. Truly.

And from your typing hands to God's ears.

On AB's eviction from the Landlord. My guess is that he had to do that for not just personal reason's of disgust but also for insurance purposes. As a tenant they destroyed the house, perhaps this had to be done in order for insurance to process a claim. *shrug*

Deal said investigators are not necessarily finished with the area.

"We are going back until we're satisfied we've recovered everything," he said.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/03/bone-recovered-zahra-baker-case-ar-508596/

Strange wording. Seems if they have found a bone that they even suspect could be Zahra's they would be swarming on the place to find more.

RS for focus.

teh, this reminds me of a thread or two ago when we all got a little tired and saucy with one another about the search of the house. Some thought that the in-depth house search was just like the worksite and first pond drainage--LE identifying a potential site and just working it until there was no doubt that it was not a possible related venue.

But here, Deal says they are going back until they are satisfied they have "recovered everything"... as if there is not just one "thing" they are hoping to recover, such as an intact body. That plus the Sheriff's deputy at the roadside search the day they found the prosthesis, who said they were looking for "parts of evidence," point in a certain direction IMO.... and MOO...

I hope Adam is squirming in his BVDs right now. LE cares so much for Z and has shown so much emotions. Just imagine when they have to look at her remains?

They're coming up behind you Adam. Can you feel it?

I find it very telling at how emotional LE has been when you compare it to how emotional AB has been. :furious:

As horrible as it is that they have found a bone I hope it is Zahra so she can be properly laid to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne