NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you so much. Lots of new information to me in that article. So her maiden name is definitely Fairchild, same as her father. I think Mr Fairchild is wonderful for speaking up like he did.

Snipped from article:Records show Baker attended Hudson Elementary School in Caldwell County in March 2009, finishing third grade. She moved to Granite Falls Elementary School through March 2010 then finished fourth grade back at Hudson.

The school system says she was enrolled for fifth grade at Hudson but never showed up. Her parents told the school that she was being home schooled but The North Carolina Division of Non Public Schools says there is no record of Adam or Elisa Baker currently operating a home school.

Can I ask, not being familiar with your school years, if she finished 4th grade and was enrolled to start 5th grade, what month should this have started? Would it be like June/July?

I'm thinking something happened before she was due to go back to school --- but that can't be right, can it? Someone must have seen her after that.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Brittany Bentley, 21, filed a complaint accusing Elisa Baker of communicating threats in May after she says Baker threatened to kill her and her 7-month-old baby during a family dispute. Court records show those charges were dismissed with leave, meaning prosecutors reserved the right to refile them, in August after Baker failed to appear in court.

Bentley said Zahra would sometimes stay with her family, and seemed sad when she had to go home.

"She told my mom, 'This is the best place in my life,'" Bentley said.

Bentley also said she sometimes saw facial bruises on Zahra. When they asked her what had happened, Zahra seemed frightened.

"She was scared to death. She wouldn't say anything," said Bentley, a relative by marriage who says her family hadn't seen or heard from Zahra in two months.

Thank you so much. Lots of new information to me in that article. So her maiden name is definitely Fairchild, same as her father. I think Mr Fairchild is wonderful for speaking up like he did.

Snipped from article:Records show Baker attended Hudson Elementary School in Caldwell County in March 2009, finishing third grade. She moved to Granite Falls Elementary School through March 2010 then finished fourth grade back at Hudson.

The school system says she was enrolled for fifth grade at Hudson but never showed up. Her parents told the school that she was being home schooled but The North Carolina Division of Non Public Schools says there is no record of Adam or Elisa Baker currently operating a home school.

Can I ask, not being familiar with your school years, if she finished 4th grade and was enrolled to start 5th grade, what month should this have started? Would it be like June/July?

I'm thinking something happened before she was due to go back to school --- but that can't be right, can it? Someone must have seen her after that.

BBM. Depending on where in the states the child resides typical school years start in mid to late August or early September. Most I know are in August. (Chicago public schools start in early Sept).

hth

Whoa, did Myspace open up her blog to allow for comments? Or is that the default setting for the site now (public can comment)?
I wouldn't have a clue, I deleted my Myspace when I hit 30 years-old.

*****EDIT****** MS opening her account would totally make sense since for her profile said she was "active" on the 11th, yesterday (but, she was in jail - no myspace in jail.) I wonder if Myspace opened it for more information for LE?? *chin scratch*

If she would have attended school, it would have started August 25.

I don't think that 'lifestyle' is a particularly illuminating concept. Goths eat, sleep, work, just like opera and gospel fans. 'Goth' refers to some aesthetic and cultural choices -- mainly pertaining to music, clothing, imagery. None of these things leads to a person being an abusive, negligent, or murderous parent. I'm not sure who is the authority on judging when these things are age-appropriate or not. Do we criticize a child who likes (mature) classical music? Or, say, do we criticize Neil Young (no spring chicken) for being a fan of model trains? (By the way -- Rob Zombie (aka 'White Zombie' in 2 messages posted today) -- was born in 1965, making him older than the SM.) We're not talking about a child molester using Bratz or Hanna Montana fandom to develop rapport with victims, here. If the argument is that the SM spent too much time listening to goth music or putting together goth outfits (and neglected her step-daughter because of it -- an argument I haven't heard yet), I would have to wonder if people would question her tastes the same way if she was a rabid golfer, preternaturally concerned with delivering a small white ball into a distant hole.

I think people are highly selective of which subcultures they feel justified in criticizing on these grounds. This isn't a new form of prejudice, either. Of all of the things a person could criticize about the SM here, age-inappropriate music and dress seem like two highly irrelevant and insignificant ones.

ITA.

I do not judge the goth lifestyle but rather what twisted thing it represented to SM or what twisted truth it told about her.

I am saying just like the religious zealot who flew into a World trade Center on 9/11 was a disturbed fantical, not right in the head, no judgement upon all muslims as a result kind of thing, so do I suspect Elisa to turn out to be. I find her to be a messed up, fractured, not whole, not functioning personality who found her scapegoat in a very bright, very sick little girl placed under her megolmaniacal thumb.

Okay, thats it friends. I am now officially taking a time out and following up on the cases that were still current in my life of witnessing and documenting for the littlest victims before I met my newest, strongest, too soon gone victim.

Goodnight my fellow witnesses.

Goodnight my websleuths family

Relatives of Elisa Baker on Tuesday said she had a history of making up stories to get attention.

Her sisters, SF and VB, both said Elisa Baker often complained about fake illnesses she and her children suffered.

"She's a pathological liar and a hypochondriac," Fairchild said.

The MySpace page that shows Elisa Baker as posting blog items and photos includes one post claiming that she had been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer three times and is suffering from an unidentified debilitating disease.

Baker once showed up at her father's house with an unbelievable story, says Fairchild.

"She brought her daughter around in a wheelchair saying she had leukemia," Fairchild said, and that the girl was dying. But she never got sick, Fairchild said.

Court records show Elisa Baker has been charged with some two dozen criminal offenses since the early 1990s, most of them cases of worthless checks. She has been convicted seven times of passing worthless checks.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/13/1757856/missing-girl-now-believed-to-be.html

ZahraClaireBaker.jpg

Family,friends, and relatives said Monday that Zahra was an exceedingly polite girl, brave in the face of bone cancer and adorable with her Australian accent.

She and her father were living in Australia when Adam Baker met his wife-to-be online about two years ago.

I'm sorry I'm willing to bet it's been said before but again I'm not sure if i'm going forwards or backwards in these threads anymore....

SOOOOOO OVERWHELMED>>>>>now isn't it obvious in this picture there is a bruise on Zahra's left cheek - back closer to her ear!?!???

:furious:

BBM. Depending on where in the states the child resides typical school years start in mid to late August or early September. Most I know are in August. (Chicago public schools start in early Sept).

hth

So if they had been living at the new house where none of the neighbours had ever seen her, 6 weeks - that fits with the time line of her not starting the new school year, more or less. Early September to now is about 6 weeks.

Is it possible the photos of the beautiful, happy healthy Zahra were taken prior to leaving Australia, just a thought.

Whoa, did Myspace open up her blog to allow for comments? Or is that the default setting for the site now (public can comment)?
I wouldn't have a clue, I deleted my Myspace when I hit 30 years-old.

*****EDIT****** MS opening her account would totally make sense since for her profile said she was "active" on the 11th, yesterday (but, she was in jail - no myspace in jail.) I wonder if Myspace opened it for more information for LE?? *chin scratch*

Her account has always been open - it is just that someone decided to put a comment in today. I'm surprised it took this long. Mikey is one of her friends and has been around awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scroobius