NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SM's sister says she NEVER saw any physical abuse, but that SM would put her kids in a wheelchair and say they had cancer or other illness. Lots of emotionally abusive stuff, but she claims she never saw Zahra physically abused.

in court today, she spoke barely above a whisper
shackles-ankles and waist
also, handcuffed

Some of our member reported it during the JVM show tonight, that SM sold drugs, including to her own family members. One of the family members was the source, apparently.

Thanks, I missed that. Don't watch. I'll go back and look.
I just meant we maybe needed clarification.

LE sometimes puts pills in that category. In NC, in my experience, it really just depends on what LE responding thinks about the situation at the time. You know?

True.

I hate to pick on LE when they are doing such an awesome job with this case, but this is too funny not to share. My little sister was questioned over the summer about some tomato plants on her back porch. :crazy:

So, thinking a theory through based on what we know, if SM and AB DID actually harm poor Zahra, and take her to AB's place of employment, then WHY would the SM write the ransom note, pointing everyone TO AB's employer???

because the kidnappers that went to Coffey's rental home instead his residence, and in doing so kidnapped the wrong child, buried her at his place of business, with his equipment

probably a disgruntled employee

poor zahra a victim of mistaken identity

I am sure if you shoot some meth and stay up for a week it will make perfect sense to you

Last trapped miner on his way up! O/T :woohoo:

wow, poor baby.

If SM does have some sort of muncheosens tendancies I wonder if Zahra's illness is a part of what attracted her to Adam in the first place? Sort of like a pedophile will target a single mother?

I wonder exactly the same thing -- if the big draw wasn't the guy, but his child who could garner her all sorts of attention as the poor mother of such a frail, sick little flower.

::GAG::

True.

I hate to pick on LE when they are doing such an awesome job with this case, but this is too funny not to share. My little sister was questioned over the summer about some tomato plants on her back porch. :crazy:

was it the same cop?
maybe he wanted to ask her out

Thanks, I missed that. Don't watch. I'll go back and look.
I just meant we maybe needed clarification.

first announced during last three minutes of Jane's show just prior to NG

Please remember these LE and searchers in your prayers. Many of them have children and grandchildren!

They know so much more than we do, enough to bring the police chief to tears.

To know what they are searching for and why must be so emotionally heart renching that we can only imagine what they are going through.

I also know they will not stop and will go without sleep until they find what they Zahra or fall over from exhaustion from trying!

So, thinking a theory through based on what we know, if SM and AB DID actually harm poor Zahra, and take her to AB's place of employment, then WHY would the SM write the ransom note, pointing everyone TO AB's employer???
Maybe in a twisted thinking sort of way - that if Zahra is found on his property that maybe it really was him and he actually wrote the note to throw everybody off. IDK - who knows how a serious drug addict thinks in times like those? But I would think they were trying to lay it all at his feet.

My opinion only: the "ransom note" was supposed to be noticed at the time of the fire, leading to the discovery that Zahra had been "kidnapped", mistakenly instead of the employer/home owner's daughter. If Zahra was taken to the job site where the woodchipper and pond are located, I don't believe SM acted alone. MOO

True.

Yeah, we know about those "tomato" plants that make you go all Topsy Turvy! Mmmhmmm! ;-)

Willen,
Social Services did visit the former residence.

After that the Bakers moved and would not let Zahra out of her bedroom except to eat.

Social Services did not know where they went.

They did not enroll her in school. Family members did not know they had moved. The current neighbor never saw her ever.

I'm sure there is always more that we all can do or could do.

But DSS did follow up on the reports - then the Bakers disappeared.

I'm not buying DSS' "didn't know where they went" excuse. AB had the same employer for a least a while before they moved, and also after they moved right up the the time Zahra's "disappearance" was reported. How hard could it be to track him down? And when a child who has had DSS contact is unenrolled from school with a claim that "homeschooling" is being initiated, that should trigger an immediate track-down effort. I really HATE all the stupid "privacy" laws, because they definitely interfere with various agencies putting the pieces together, and thus enable abusers and other criminals. I suspect the school never heard about the DSS contact, especially if occurred after school had let out for the year. And even if the school was notified, the info was probably kept under lock and key, and the school official who got the call saying Zahra would be homeschooled this year didn't have ready access to the info about the DSS involvement.

Would LE term pills as paraphanalia though? I was picturing like a pipe or something

If step-mom sold pills, Vicodin, Oxycotin or the like, they would have to be packaged or wrapped and sometimes labeled - that would be considered paraphenalia by LE or the DEA. Dealers have paraphenalia particular to them...sort of like their own lingo. moo mho

I wonder exactly the same thing -- if the big draw wasn't the guy, but his child who could garner her all sorts of attention as the poor mother of such a frail, sick little flower.

::GAG::

she is something but it is not MBP
she did not trot her around and go to great effort to show the sacrifices she was making for her, she was not absorbing attention via the martyr role, she wasn't pursuing medical treatment that we can see at all

she was in public beating and torturing a one legged deaf girl

evil, sick and twisted, but i disagree with the MBP though I am sure an attorney will throw it in there with the battered spouse theory

My opinion only: the "ransom note" was supposed to be noticed at the time of the fire, leading to the discovery that Zahra had been "kidnapped", mistakenly instead of the employer/home owner's daughter. If Zahra was taken to the job site where the woodchipper and pond are located, I don't believe SM acted alone. MOO

Thank you, this is exactly what I was thinking!

wow, poor baby.

If SM does have some sort of muncheosens tendancies I wonder if Zahra's illness is a part of what attracted her to Adam in the first place? Sort of like a pedophile will target a single mother?

coming out of lurkdom to kinda ask a follow up on this...

i can totally see why you say that, but then again doesnt those that have that WANT to have everyone know about them? wouldnt she be at the hospital/dr alot to show that shes sick and that shes being taken care of? instead of being locked away?

either way, me being semi local its on our news alot and im having a hard time watching it :( ...this case has just hit a nerve..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties