NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not buying DSS' "didn't know where they went" excuse. AB had the same employer for a least a while before they moved, and also after they moved right up the the time Zahra's "disappearance" was reported. How hard could it be to track him down? And when a child who has had DSS contact is unenrolled from school with a claim that "homeschooling" is being initiated, that should trigger an immediate track-down effort. I really HATE all the stupid "privacy" laws, because they definitely interfere with various agencies putting the pieces together, and thus enable abusers and other criminals. I suspect the school never heard about the DSS contact, especially if occurred after school had let out for the year. And even if the school was notified, the info was probably kept under lock and key, and the school official who got the call saying Zahra would be homeschooled this year didn't have ready access to the info about the DSS involvement.

With all due respect pink I wish it was that simple. All I can speak to is what I would have done if I had been concerned to make a report or call to DSS or worked in the schools. I would have checked every school then I would have gone to the police dept and had a cup of coffee with the chief and explain my concerns and that this child had dropped off the face of the earth.

When she was going to school every day before the end of the school year last May I suspect the physical abuse was not apparent. It is my opinion it became worse after school was out and the poor child was stuck with SM all day.

Dear God, I just had a horrible thought.

Would Dr's prescribe 'Oxy' to a child with cancer? The horrible thought just crossed my mind that SM was rubbing her hands together when she met Zahra's Dad online. Perhaps she saw an opportunity to use Zahra's illness as a 'Dr shopping' platform to collect as much 'Oxy' as she so desired????

Okay, my mind's wandering now .... back to work :crazy:

I truly apologize if this has been asked, answered and discussed thoroughly already but I cannot keep up with these threads...

Do we know anything about the employer? They rented from him and father worked for him for some time so he obviously knew they had a daughter...I think I read he lived next door?

Could they possibly all have been in cahoots and abusing poor Zahra? I hate to think that but I'm just speculating and looking at other possibilities.

Have we heard anything about him?

Would Dr's prescribe 'Oxy' to a child with cancer? The horrible thought just crossed my mind that SM was rubbing her hands together when she met Zahra's Dad online. Perhaps she saw an opportunity to use Zahra's illness as a 'Dr shopping' platform to collect as much 'Oxy' as she so desired????

After that long, I can't imagine she would be taking any sort of long-term pain medication since she was essentially cured and seemed not to have a lot of pain issues other than SM making her walk on her prosthesis.

Well. I guess that would give her a reason to be in pain, though...hmmm.

My guess is, particularly after what we are hearing now, there are not only abuse issues but some serious psychological issues in the form of Baron Munchhausen's by Proxy.

I'm still shaking my head at the thought of SM feeling 'scared' during her court appearance this morning. Wowee, blown me down with a feather, how on earth does this freak of a woman think Zahra felt when she had her revolting fist in her tiny face. :banghead:

She should be scared . . .

Thanks for the welcomes - I have been a lurker for a while.

I live in Australia so this case has really tugged at my heartstrings. She is such an Aussie looking little kid. A real 'Weetbix' kid (the othe Aussies will get that!)

Is that like Wheaties, a cereal that used to post adorable little sporty kids on the front?

NO, they wouldn't prescribe Oxy to a 8yo or a 10yo. That's sustained release and could easily kill a child. Oxy is also a schedule II here in the states meaning it's very strictly controlled. Supposed to be anyway. moo

It the attraction started out as LOOK finally a really sick child to garner me attention. But quickly turned to CRAP this is a lot of work and the attention thing isn't paying off like I expected.

If SM is on drugs, she is on more than one. IME there is never just one. Say she starts doing meth, then, while coming down one day or not able to afford her next fix, she starts popping Zahra's pain meds and suddenly Zahra is a pain in the rear but a means to an end?

Thanks for the welcomes - I have been a lurker for a while.

I live in Australia so this case has really tugged at my heartstrings. She is such an Aussie looking little kid. A real 'Weetbix' kid (the othe Aussies will get that!)

LOL Don't get the "Weetbix" as I'm a Yank? Is that the slang for us in the U.S.? Anyhoo... Zahra looks EXACTLY like one of my daughters, freckles and all. I will never, ever be able to look at my daughter again and not think of Zahra.

Welcome again, Acer. :)

I agree, but she apparently enjoyed putting her own kids in wheelchairs and pretending they were very ill, so there was some appeal for her in that type of thing. Could be that because Zahra really WAS ill, it took more effort than she wanted to invest and she didn't get the attention from it she thought she was due.

I've no idea about MBP, just saying that her sister claims she enjoyed pretending that both she and the kids were all very sick at various times.

We haven't gotten much detail about the past incidents of faking her own children's illnesses. But often things like that are attempts to get money, more than attention. Quite a few people having been caught in elaborate claims that either they or their child had some serious illness, and found to have been raking in large amounts of money in "donations". It will be interesting if we find out whether MGF engaged in any of that. The family members who are saying she put her kids in wheelchairs, etc, don't seem to be saying anything about seeking actual medical attention, which is a huge part of MBP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weet-Bix (I was curious-had to look it up :) )

Brand popularity

Weet-Bix are seen in both Australia and New Zealand as an iconic national foodstuff. The product has been marketed in New Zealand & Australia using the tagline "Kiwi/Aussie Kids are Weet-Bix kids" since early in the 1960's.

The trademark for Weet-bix has been awarded Australia's favourite trade mark by IP Australia, a federal government department.[1]
[edit] Entry into vernacular

The jingle employed in Australia as of March 2006[update] contains the line "Hope you've had your Weet-Bix, all-Australian Weet-Bix, for breakfast every day!". The phrase "I hope he's had his Weet-Bix today", or similar, is established in sports commentary in Australia, enjoying a similar status to Wheaties in the United States.

Hehe I see my question was already answered :D

no, no Oxycotin for child w/cancer . . . medical MJ maybe . . . :angel:

What sort of hours did AB work for the employer, and were there often others around him while working?

If the attraction started out as LOOK finally a really sick child to garner me attention. But quickly turned to CRAP this is a lot of work and the attention thing isn't paying off like I expected.

If SM is on drugs, she is on more than one. IME there is never just one. Say she starts doing meth, then, while coming down one day or not able to afford her next fix, she starts popping Zahra's pain meds and suddenly Zahra is a pain in the rear but a means to an end?

okay that was weird. WS I did not post that twice?!!

They've had dogs out in that area sniffing and getting hits so it's possible they've taken dogs out into the water by boat and they hit there too.

As for the leg and the wood chipper, they could've done anything with that. Zahra hasn't been seen for a month. Who's to say she didn't die weeks ago. Her leg could be in a landfill or anywhere by now.

Oh my god....I didn't even think about that. I think you are correct to a degree. Another theory: they took advantage of her illness by selling her drugs and not taking care of her and then she succumbed to another bout of cancer like some have theorized previously. This is, I guess, an addendum to a theory that has been tossed around a lot already, except this one is more for profit than the initial theory tossed around.

NO, they wouldn't prescribe Oxy to a 8yo or a 10yo. That's sustained release and could easily kill a child. Oxy is also a schedule II here in the states meaning it's very strictly controlled. Supposed to be anyway. moo

I doubt they would give patches either...

Oxycontin is sustained release, but oxycodone isn't. I agree, though, that's mighty strong for a little child. Maybe in the throes of treatment or post-surgery, but not so long after or on a continuing basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow